The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Behringer Poly D (Warp Drive)
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
Polyphony is paraphony. GenX are Boomers. Do Millenials get ANYTHING right?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricera View Post
Proclamation ....

Was coming here to post this.

Merry Christmas everyone!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Proclamation ....

He looks like a skinnier version of the guy that helped raise me as a kid.

Even down to the hair and beard.

It's not the same guy though.
Old 5 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
GenX, Boomer, same old men.
I'm one of them.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Holy crap Marc Doty got old... in fairness it's probably been 10 or so years since I last watched a video from him.

That aside, I'm going to call the Poly D quadrophonic from here on out to change things up.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syngenor View Post
Really liked the sound of Uli’s Model B. It was exactly what I wasn’t really hearing in several modern-era Moogs I’d tried.

Never fully jived with the form factor though and didn’t have any other euro gear, so I moved it on to greener pastures a few months back.

Seeing this drop out of the sky was pretty awesome.

Pseudophonic be damned! This form factor with full sized keys, coupled with a 4th OSC and that Mono/Poly style arp behavior....preordered on Sweetwater this morning FTW!
Welcome friend
Old 5 days ago
Gear Guru

I thought I could add something fresh to the semantics

I have a pair of quadraverb from alesis and I love them , they should however be damned for all time with their use of the word, for that I expect 4 reverbs but I received far less

How many weeks left to lift off ?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rezisehtnys View Post
Holy crap Marc Doty got old... in fairness it's probably been 10 or so years since I last watched a video from him.
I think he probably aged 10 years in the last couple weeks.

Quote:
That aside, I'm going to call the Poly D quadrophonic from here on out to change things up.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajscent View Post
see ya

see ya
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by -groovatious- View Post
https://www.storedj.com.au/behringer...full-size-keys

Wow - $1549 in Australia. That's just taking the p*ss. Even with GST/the usual Aussie markup it should have been $1200 max given a $699 USD figure. Currently works out to $1052 USD!

I'm out for that price.
Typical .... that would be right, but shouldn't come as any surprise. We take it up the Khyber on everything in this country.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

I got to thinking about this synths applications for me personally, don't need any more mono style 'bass' synths, but if I can get one down the track, it struck me that it would work for me as a kind of pseudo "Juno" pad machine, I always loved the pads from Roland Juno synths, those moody 90's rave pads and strings remind me of my first synth the Juno6, how I loved sitting there with a 'Henry the 8th'.. sitting on the floor literally, making arps and pads on that old beast.

I don't really need anything more in my studio, but I kinda lack an analog poly and use Diva/Repro5 etc instead. This synth could easily be a nice kind of hybrid pad machine, Moogy oscillators & ladder filter with that 'Juno-esque' chorus, the ability to play 2/3/4 note pads through that chorus or add my fav delay in Reason, yeah yeah yeah I can see how this would work. Tax time is my best bet to be able to afford this, so 7 more months ish.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
I got to thinking about this synths applications for me personally, don't need any more mono style 'bass' synths, but if I can get one down the track, it struck me that it would work for me as a kind of pseudo "Juno" pad machine, I always loved the pads from Roland Juno synths, those moody 90's rave pads and strings remind me of my first synth the Juno6, how I loved sitting there with a 'Henry the 8th'.. sitting on the floor literally, making arps and pads on that old beast.

I don't really need anything more in my studio, but I kinda lack an analog poly and use Diva/Repro5 etc instead. This synth could easily be a nice kind of hybrid pad machine, Moogy oscillators & ladder filter with that 'Juno-esque' chorus, the ability to play 2/3/4 note pads through that chorus or add my fav delay in Reason, yeah yeah yeah I can see how this would work. Tax time is my best bet to be able to afford this, so 7 more months ish.
Similar thinking here. I was saving for the Matriarch but I've given up on that after other Moog issues. It surprised me when I heard chords with the chorus on. Sounds really nice. I thought the TC Juno chorus pedal was meant to be garbage.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by -groovatious- View Post
https://www.storedj.com.au/behringer...full-size-keys

Wow - $1549 in Australia. That's just taking the p*ss. Even with GST/the usual Aussie markup it should have been $1200 max given a $699 USD figure. Currently works out to $1052 USD!

I'm out for that price.
Man that really sucks. I like your work a lot and know you could make great stuff with this synth. Damn shame how you Aussies get screwed like this.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

moxies demo sealed the deal

it can be really versatile.

the loopop and nick bratt demos /review didnt show it off enough
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear

My dudes....... $699......... *mind blown
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Imo what would really finish this off would be a switch to flip to 12dB filter

Sometimes I just can't stand losing everything when I want Rez.....

That would be an unreal option to have. Never gonna happen I know
The Studio Electronics SE-1x has this feature.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Not quite.

Paraphony IS Polyphony, however, Polyphony is not necessarily paraphony.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Similar thinking here. I was saving for the Matriarch but I've given up on that after other Moog issues.
Tell me about it. I really wanted a Matriarch, but my Grandmother has had so many issues I really can't bring myself to spend $2k on a larger version of it.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
Aaah but I've bought this, not the se1x
;-)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazerbrains View Post
Tell me about it. I really wanted a Matriarch, but my Grandmother has had so many issues I really can't bring myself to spend $2k on a larger version of it.
Same. Sent my Grandmother in for faulty cutoff and reverb pots last week. They replaced some board but it comes back with a faulty envelope that won't close completely. Sent the bugger off again this morning.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Pretty much exactly why I will be getting one. A mono synth with some lush chorus pads and arpegiator.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Holy crap Marc Doty got old...

I know, right?
Old 4 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
I know, right?
Must be all that polyphony
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Same. Sent my Grandmother in for faulty cutoff and reverb pots last week. They replaced some board but it comes back with a faulty envelope that won't close completely. Sent the bugger off again this morning.
Yep, mine's sent out right now for the cutoff pot. I've also had issues with keys not working, sequencer stopped working and more. I've been a Moog guy for 30+ years, but don't think I'll buy another one - they are not the same company they used to be.

FWIW = none of my Behringer synths have had any problems other than one arrived out of calibration (The Grandmother also arrived out of calibration, so it's got no advantage here either).
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvmoore View Post
not at the ladder, 12db is only the sem filter.

But it is a small thing to install a small 4-way switch that picks up 6 12 18 and 24 db
Old 4 days ago
afa
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutomaticGainsay View Post
I know, right?
It's not aging, it's fully articulated time passing.
Old 4 days ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:

sounds like the DM12 might be a better fit for you.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

Just thought... you can use it as a Juno Chorus and distortion pedal for other synths too. Bargain.

(Although Tal chorus is hard to beat, I must say)
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is a great post to deliberately read out of context

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search