The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Osmose by Expressive E
Old 3 days ago | Show parent
Here for the gear

I think you're right there. 1799€ for Germany.
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwaxxy View Post
checked my account its still saying i got it for $1079 and ive already paid $299 i think the prices are brexit prices because when ive added the eu tax and vat we had to pay before then it would knock off around £350..hopefully theyll contact us all soon with our updated prices and new design because in the last emails they sent it showed angeled mods and so did the osmose website but now theres no pics off it at all .
This is weird - I literally have the same Osmose page loaded on my phone and my laptop - one says 1799 euros, the other says 1499.17 euros, I'm not signed in on either and have reloaded the page on both!

However, 1499.17 x 1.2 = 1,799.0004 so my guess is ex-VAT price is showing on some UK browsers, and there is no price change.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Yeh, a lot of sites are doing this now automaticity- I keep getting adds pop of for what look like bargains from Thomann until I raise I have top pay VAT and import on top of that!

I wonder how UK imports will deal with this when it comes, part was paid pre Brexit sans VAT (I am VAT registered) and part will be post Brexit!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
ive checked it is brexit price its not showing vat. but that should mean the price $1079 should be about $200 cheaper also because when i paid my orginal $300 the total was £1079 so i had an outstanding balance of about $800 ..with new calculations it should be around $565 owed now.
heres calcs..
orginal price $1079 (that included eu vat)
take off eu vat ..$215.8
new price $863.2
minus $299 deposit
new price outstanding balance--$564.2
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post
Yeh, a lot of sites are doing this now automaticity- I keep getting adds pop of for what look like bargains from Thomann until I raise I have top pay VAT and import on top of that!

I wonder how UK imports will deal with this when it comes, part was paid pre Brexit sans VAT (I am VAT registered) and part will be post Brexit!
yep your right
Gear Addict
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLiC View Post

Yeah I do a double-take every time I see a Thomann price now and then remember it's ex-VAT.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmedia View Post
Yeah I do a double-take every time I see a Thomann price now and then remember it's ex-VAT.
yeah i nearly forgot a few days ago..my son was having drumming lessons at school but since its all virtual now and will be until end of april at the earliest he needs a drum kit at home.
i saw they were doing the alesis nitro for £265 i thought wow thats cheap ill order it then i thought hold on ill check then i saw a post on here mentioing there prices no longer have vat on them so i didnt bother.
📝 Reply