The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
New Waldorf Microwave 1 Sysex Editor (Yes, In 2019)
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

New Waldorf Microwave 1 Sysex Editor (Yes, In 2019)

Here's a new sysex editor for the Microwave 1. It's a bit different than the usual editors, in that it's a web app. If you like desktop computing, you can use it with Chrome or Opera. Windows, Mac, Linux - doesn't matter. If you like touchscreens, you can use it with iOS too.

Nearly every feature of the Microwave OS 2.0 is supported. Single patches, multis, custom waves, custom tuning\velocity\wave tables (including algorithmic wave tables), global parameters, change maps...basically everything except the robot speech synthesizer, which is not fully documented by Waldorf. I can't guarantee that earlier Microwave OS versions will work with this editor - I only have an OS 2.0 Microwave to test with.

It's free to sign up and use the editor in read-only mode. If you actually want to go in and change parameters, then you have to purchase the full editor.

I know there are lots of Microwave maniacs lurking here, so please check it out. Let me know if you like it. Let me know if it sucks. Even if you don't want to shell out money for the full editor, I hope just being able to visualize your patches will make you fall in love with this beautiful synth all over again.

Info and screenshots here: https://tonetweak.com/microwave1

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Ain't nothing wrong with a 30-year-old device getting modern support, no no no!
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
I love my Microwave and really interested in your editor. Just checking it out, and the layout and functionality looks fantastic. However, in read-only mode, I'm finding that on my 13" Macbook Air the text and color scheme is pretty difficult to read. Will there be any ways to rescale text or have a dark mode?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by millionmiles View Post
I love my Microwave and really interested in your editor. Just checking it out, and the layout and functionality looks fantastic. However, in read-only mode, I'm finding that on my 13" Macbook Air the text and color scheme is pretty difficult to read. Will there be any ways to rescale text or have a dark mode?
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Dark mode - going to be adding this very soon.
2. Scale - I've just been using the browser's built in zoom and it works well at around 150% for me for those times where I really want to dig in specifically to just the filters, or LFOs, etc. The page should "click" into a more vertical layout when you zoom to a certain point. Let me know if you had something else in mind. Feel free to use the "Contact Us" link on the site as well if you have more feedback.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by researchtriangle View Post
Thanks for the feedback.

1. Dark mode - going to be adding this very soon.
2. Scale - I've just been using the browser's built in zoom and it works well at around 150% for me for those times where I really want to dig in specifically to just the filters, or LFOs, etc. The page should "click" into a more vertical layout when you zoom to a certain point. Let me know if you had something else in mind. Feel free to use the "Contact Us" link on the site as well if you have more feedback.
Playing around more, I really like this.

But for Scale - so far in browser zooms, the page is locked to one section or the interface only and doesn't allow me to move around to other sections (Macbook Air 2013 13", Chrome). I don't know much about how different browsers render pages, so I can’t tell if this is specific to my computer. Here's a screenshot:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybvuydlvtz...13.27.png?dl=0

Last edited by millionmiles; 6 days ago at 11:08 AM.. Reason: Spelling
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Excellent. Will check it out
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

But for Scale - so far in browser zooms, the page is locked to one section or the interface only and doesn't allow me to move around to other sections (Macbook Air 2013 13", Chrome). I don't know much about how different browsers render pages, so I can’t tell if this is specific to my computer. Here's a screenshot:

Ah, I think it's locked as a by-product of it being in "free mode". You should definitely be able to scroll around without paying, though, so I will fix that.

Also, dark mode will be released tonight.

Thank you again for the excellent feedback.
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:

Dark mode is now available (it's the moon icon in the top right of the header bar).

Scrolling while scaled up should now be working.

Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Thanks for this! Any plans for DAW integration?

Great avatar! I'm a fan of Uno Moralez too:

https://unomoralez.com/
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soothing Sound View Post
Thanks for this! Any plans for DAW integration?

Great avatar! I'm a fan of Uno Moralez too:

https://unomoralez.com/
Thanks! ...and I'm a fan of Twin Peaks. Challenging as the reboot season was...

DAW integration - probably not anytime soon. I totally get that this might be a deal breaker for a lot of people.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search