The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Access Virus Indigo V1 - still worth it?
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Access Virus Indigo V1 - still worth it?

I'm eying one near me for under $600. Is it still worth it to pick up the original?
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I had one briefly and couldn't get into it. Probably one of my fastest turn around and sell synths. To be fair, I bought it for a live project that didn't pan out. But it was too menu-divey for my tastes and I don't think the sound compares favorably to modern plugins. YMMV
Old 5 days ago
Gear Maniac

Thank you! I'm not big on menu diving either and something I'd like to avoid.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by beedoola View Post
Thank you! I'm not big on menu diving either and something I'd like to avoid.
In brief, I guess what I’m saying IMHO it’s advantage over software is live use but I feel like despite all the hands on controls there’s so much going on under the hood that there’s probably 3x as many parameters hidden behind pages. Whether you think having too many hidden options is a problem I guess it up to how you work.

I also have a friend who in the time I’ve known him (2 years?) has bought and sold at least 3 Virus keyboards (C, B, and TI) that I know about.
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

I wouldn't bother with a virus unless it's a Snow or Ti. You'll buy the Indigo (basically a Virus B) and want to sell it when you realise that for a little more you could have bought a whole lot more.
Old 5 days ago
Gear Head
I love my virus Indigo. Easy to dial up some pretty bizarre sounds, arp is great, and the randomize function is amazing for inspiration. Pots are creamy. You might find one for cheaper at this point tho...
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search