The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
French 79 / mixing & mastering
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

French 79 / mixing & mastering

Anybody know what kind of tracking/mixing/mastering setup french 79 uses?

Backstory—
I have a playlist i have been tinkering with, and was wondering if by some freak of nature light Asylum had another album. No. They did not. Still sad face.

So i began exploring, fell into a nice ‘similar to’ rabbit hole and found this guy french 79 who had a few tunes I liked. Fast forward, the data gods figured out I was listening to him and the other day said hey, he has a new album so I gave it a shot, and thought hmm I do like.

I began wondering what his setup was because i liked the stereo and crisp arrangement/experienced mix (from my pov), and always am interested to see whats shaking. Btw I have a soft spot for french ... retro? I am not a genre guy and didnt know he was french (yes the name would be a clue but in this day and age its not a given, also vocals were english), just that I liked his music.

To me the french sound is refined and classy so I was happy to listen him and not surprised by the fact he hails from France. Makes sense. It sounded nice and hi fi which to me is my favorite part about what I consider our modern renaissance of audio.

Anyway

i googled and from what I could find about him is, to nobodies surprise, in french. I did some cursory synth spotting (always fun) but didnt feel like squinting for the tracking/mixing and I am not on facebook. So...gslutz is next.

Would anyone happen to know? Thank you in advance.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Hmm... Very interested as well, I like a lot what he makes and I have the same soft spot for french electro that has this retro feel to it.
Oh also I speak french so if it is translation you need I can always help, though I am sure you already tried to google translate.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinsun View Post
I speak french so if it is translation you need I can always help, though I am sure you already tried to google translate.
Thanks man I did try! So there are only french subtitles ... does this have anything to do with his setup? Pls dont feel like you have to listen. I will imagine a well mixed combo of analog and digital as is the usual these days.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9ASYsDogl8s
Old 1 day ago
Here for the gear

I am sorry to say but the interview is only about himself (mostly because the interviewers do not ask anything technical).
All he says is that he spends a lot of time in the studio and considers himself a "studio geek"... which I know doesn't help a lot.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search