The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 18th January 2019
Here for the gear

TD-3 behringer 303 clone

Hello

As you know, Behringer does not exhibit at the NAMM but organizes a pre-NAMM event in LA. In addition to the widely known synths, they will announce a new Synthesizer.

Today they released a video where you can see a new device beside the RD-909 Drum Machine. In my estimation and what would be logical in the Roland series a clone of the TB-303 Bassline Synthesizer

What do you think?
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-behringer-303.jpg  
Old 18th January 2019
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Finally someone is doing a clone of the TB-303!
Old 18th January 2019
Deleted 46dc28f
Wait for: "But no one will want one and it disrespects Roland's legacy, blah, blah, blah...".
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Looks like the silver box...hopefully analogue with overdrive and delay...
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Maniac

why do they forsake the Pro One?
there's a million 909, 808, 303, and 101 clones, and already an odyssey reissue.
i know copying roland is fun but a eurorack-compatible pro one is far more interesting than any of those
Old 18th January 2019
Deleted 46dc28f
Old 18th January 2019
Here for the gear

Maybe it’s a Volante clone.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvdb View Post
why do they forsake the Pro One?
there's a million 909, 808, 303, and 101 clones, and already an odyssey reissue.
i know copying roland is fun but a eurorack-compatible pro one is far more interesting than any of those
Not really a million 909 clones, there's Drum Station, TR-09 and TR8/S(All digital) and 9090 and Nava(both DIY), not any ready built analogue 909s, almost a similar story for the 808 except the Miami(ready built) but no 8080(like 9090). I'm not aware of any SH-101 clones apart from the 2 Roland ACB models. I agree on the 303 part but my guess is the price will be unbeatable.

Last edited by breakmixer; 18th January 2019 at 11:09 AM.. Reason: Nava not naval
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by janvdb View Post
there's a million 909 (...) clones,
Name one clone that isn't digital or DIY.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Guru

the more the merrier imo, there's always someone who will find a way to make a new sound with a bit of gear they get their hands on..
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear
I think you are correct, it does resemble the 303 quite a bit.
Old 18th January 2019
I'd laugh my ass off if it were a 606 instead. And then buy one, of course.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Nut
available in 2303
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ossicle View Post
Name one clone that isn't digital or DIY.
Detroit, which is vaporware...so yeah...
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykorrson View Post
available in 2303
you speak of relic 8
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by earwolf View Post
Detroit, which is vaporware...so yeah...
it is a shame that the de7roit machine hasn't arrived (yet?) after so many of us waited so long
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

It looks kinda MC-202ish to me.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

That would not even be fashionably late. And unlikely to have the killer sequencer features and MIDI control of the TT303...

Quote:
It looks kinda MC-202ish to me.
Nope, the MC is larger and a dull grey colour.
Old 18th January 2019
The sequencer buttons look more like a drum machine than a 303. I'm telling ya, 606 with full sound tweakability, cv/trig stuff, etc. Or even better, a DR-110 so I can sell mine on Ebay for 5 grand or something.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
The sequencer buttons look more like a drum machine than a 303. I'm telling ya, 606 with full sound tweakability, cv/trig stuff, etc.
Looks that way to me too. That said, I'd love a Behringer 303 (I love 303 clones) to go with it!

Whatever it is, it they have the "silver box" look right. I have a TT303 mk2, and I love everything about it... except the "space age" looks.
Old 18th January 2019
If it is a 303 I'm going to buy it and then use it the way it was originally intended, i.e. to do stuff like walking bass parts to accompany guitar.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
If it is a 303 I'm going to buy it and then use it the way it was originally intended, i.e. to do stuff like walking bass parts to accompany guitar.
It was a commercial fail because it sucks at doing that. Roland's corporate hierarchy never understood anything (sort of).
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well, that's better than my plan to use the 101 to learn how to ski!
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

It looks like it has “black keys” so maybe it is a 303 clone indeed.
Old 18th January 2019
Gear Nut
difficult to see from this resolution

Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

A Devilfish clone would be a lot more interesting, or something actually new. A Neutron-like synth with a built-in step sequencer would be nice. But a digital sequencer controlling an analogue synth's synthesis parameters would be even nicer.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

Seeing the two tb303 and 606, I've just realised they have many similarities in the interface and it made me think a single box combining the two would do a nice analog groovebox.
Old 18th January 2019
Lives for gear

It’s too bad not an FR777 clone.

303 though I feel like reasonably priced/close enough to 303 options have existed for some time...while I have no doubt Behringer will sell em, I also think that a lot of people that have to have that sound probably already bought one or more clones along the way.
Old 18th January 2019
Maybe it’s a tweakable analog groove box with drum machine and bass, rhythm and lead synths?
Maybe it’s an analog MC-303 or MC-909 clone with full tweakablity?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search