Gearslutz

Gearslutz (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/)
-   Electronic Music Instruments and Electronic Music Production (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/)
-   -   TD-3 behringer 303 clone (https://www.gearslutz.com/board/electronic-music-instruments-and-electronic-music-production/1286361-td-3-behringer-303-clone.html)

breakmixer 12th November 2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilb (Post 14318340)
They messed up and very briefly listed it for 99 on their site last night - now corrected so that ship seems to have sailed I’m afraid!

They were probably overwhelmed with order this morning and spotted why very quickly, I wonder how many though?

Mushy Mushy 12th November 2019 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmixer (Post 14318342)
I panicked into buying one and went quickly with Silver, how normal of meconfoosed

Don’t feel blue, you can make another choice when you’re re(a)dy.

breakmixer 12th November 2019 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy (Post 14318346)
Don’t feel blue, you can make another choice when you’re redy.

I was lushing over the Red. Chose Silver...cellfone

mpresev 12th November 2019 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Musician (Post 14316642)
So cool!
Myself am a belgian guy and love that Technotronic´s sound that emerged from the New Beat scene. and yep, New beat is all about the TB303!

Technotronic was my first intro to at that time TECHNO Rap or Rap House as they called it here in the states in 1989.

I love Technotronic that it lead me to other bands like that like 2 Unlimited, T99, Altern 8, AP Logic.

Black Fan 12th November 2019 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sdesign75 (Post 14318268)
Had an email from them putting my delivery date back from November to 15th Feb

Looks like Thomann are the only way now of getting one this year.
Looks like just silver too, as red and blue have gone.
Gutted I didn't pull the trigger on the £99, but happy I'll be getting it soon.
Still saying 2-3 weeks for silver.

mpresev 12th November 2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebodyperson (Post 14317547)
New Beat is great! If you havent already, check out this album.

discogs.com/Shakti-Demonic-Forces/master/548156

I'm listening to Shakti now kfhkh

fomq 12th November 2019 06:01 PM

Quick Start guide: https://media63.music-group.com/medi...D-3_QSG_WW.pdf

Jamie munro 12th November 2019 06:02 PM

Look guys I'm reasonably sure the 2 large German shops that took orders with a date will provide

The fact they turned to 'available to order' from an in stock xxx date shows the initial lot are gone IMO, that's why I jumped fast and hit two. Ya snooze ya lose and that much was obvious, anytime I went to Thomann page it was listing nearly 300 watchers, that told me all I needed to know

If I get to December and there is no sign I'll just pull my money back, no stress, no worries.

I won't be leaving my money in any account, I'd suggest others do the same if it turns into a merry go round, it's the only way.

Jamie munro 12th November 2019 06:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmixer (Post 14318342)
I panicked into buying one and went quickly with Silver, how normal of meconfoosed

:tut:

Bilb 12th November 2019 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by breakmixer (Post 14318345)
They were probably overwhelmed with order this morning and spotted why very quickly, I wonder how many though?

I’m sure they’re still making a profit so let’s not lose any sleep over it :heh:

iixorb 12th November 2019 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilb (Post 14318393)
I’m sure they’re still making a profit so let’s not lose any sleep over it :heh:

Or they listed at their cost price by mistake? Easily done if you take your eye off the ball.

Bilb 12th November 2019 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iixorb (Post 14318401)
Or they listed at their cost price by mistake? Easily done if you take your eye off the ball.

Possibly! I don't know that much about retail but I would have thought that margins were a bit bigger than that. They agreed to honour morphic's friend's request based on having it in their basket last night so it can't be too catastrophic for them.

Jamie munro 12th November 2019 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iixorb (Post 14318401)

that is no mistake

internet marketing

how much traffic hit their site for that price? A lot. Totally intentional.

BTW they sell in UK at a price - if you got a receipt for 99quid that is what you pay, no get out unless they say they have no stock @ which point you as a customer can hold them over a barrel when they do, that or take your money back which imo they should not do on orders anyway if they have no specific delivery date.

IF ZE GERMANS have acted shadily they should also get their respective treatment from customers, if you leave your money with them guess what they will do next time......

i have an email from musicstore like many of you and i have asked for clarity, i also said if indeed it is 20 feb 20 they can cancel the sale and forget future custom, money will go elsewhere.

THEY KNOW IF THEY HAVE STOCK COMING OR NOT.

Maffez 12th November 2019 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fomq (Post 14318382)

thanks!

really good to see they have filter in on a switched socket, i.e. ext in replaces vco signal

is accent per midi note in listed? couldn't find that

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie munro (Post 14318440)

IF ZE GERMANS have acted shadily they should also get their respective treatment from customers, if you leave your money with them guess what they will do next time......

seems to be the case that a couple of folks indeed cancelled

LeeUK 12th November 2019 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie munro (Post 14318440)
that is no mistake

internet marketing

BTW they sell in UK at a price - if you got a receipt for 99quid that is what you pay, no get out unless they say they have no stock @ which point you as a customer can hold them over a barrel when they do, that or take your money back which imo they should not do on orders anyway if they have no specific delivery date.

Yep, they put through a PayPal order for £99 so that's it, I pay £99. It's not as though they're losing a ton of money and the repeat business will probably be more than worth it. The UK consumer law is quite strict on incorrect pricing or offers. One of the most famous was the classic Hoover free flights offer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover...ghts_promotion

Tbn 12th November 2019 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maffez (Post 14318491)

really good to see they have filter in on a switched socket, i.e. ext in replaces vco signal

If the input goes through the vcf it will also go through the vca, which should mean that a constant level input would be affected by the accent as well! :) (as long as the sequencer of the TD is running or sequencing the input source, even though the TD has no dedicated accent out).
@ Uli Behringer : can you confirm this?

Somebodyperson 12th November 2019 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilb (Post 14318148)
Good lads. Almost makes up for their godawful youtube videos :cop:

*surprised Jackachu face*

Maffez 12th November 2019 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbn (Post 14318497)
If the input goes through the vcf it will also go through the vca, which should mean that a constant level input would be affected by the accent as well! :) (as long as the sequencer of the TD is running or sequencing the input source, even though the TD has no dedicated accent out).
@ Uli Behringer : can you confirm this?

sure accent has an effect too - td manual even has a description about signal flow towards the end

marcgood 12th November 2019 07:39 PM

@ Uli Behringer :

Love the color choices, but would you be willing to release additional ones as well? Specifically would LOVE to see this available in black, one in white with red highlights and black text, one in bright yellow. These would be guaranteed buys for me. abduction

Others here would also like to have them in pink, neon green, and purple. rockout

Extra points if you could legally toss a hello kitty or dickbutt on them.

Hopefully you'll say yes. :lol:

matt pinchin 12th November 2019 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeeUK (Post 14318493)
Yep, they put through a PayPal order for £99 so that's it, I pay £99. It's not as though they're losing a ton of money and the repeat business will probably be more than worth it. The UK consumer law is quite strict on incorrect pricing or offers. One of the most famous was the classic Hoover free flights offer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoover...ghts_promotion

Reminds me of the tesco banana promotion where tesco ended up paying people to take their bananas. Customers were filling trolleys with bananas.

Fivewire 12th November 2019 08:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Others here would also like to have them in pink, neon green, and purple [/QUOTE]

Tangerine Dream

Klankdroid 12th November 2019 09:23 PM

At the price they are going, someone (not me) could start a custom service and sell personalised Td-3's....

Bignatius 12th November 2019 09:30 PM

As long as the next color released is Black...

rockout

Bignatius 12th November 2019 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klankdroid (Post 14318727)
At the price they are going, someone (not me) could start a custom service and sell personalised Td-3's....

Indeed.

At these prices, one could buy new ones, make various mods including a new paint job, and still sell them for much less than other favorites.

I will be very surprised if we don't see exactly that.

goom 12th November 2019 09:34 PM

Inevitable third party case?

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/--KwB_QKkS...0/_MG_3807.jpg

ArtFluids 12th November 2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klankdroid (Post 14318727)

I want a clear one that looks like the clear Gameboy Pocket I used to have when I was a kid.

https://www.lukiegames.com/assets/im...r_p_5lqvgp.jpg

Mushy Mushy 12th November 2019 09:48 PM

Acid is clear so that makes sense.

Tbn 12th November 2019 10:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by goom (Post 14318756)

you probably mean:

Mushy Mushy 12th November 2019 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tbn (Post 14318820)
you probably mean:

CJ Boland.

Bignatius 12th November 2019 10:24 PM

loland