The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Yeah, ok, more facepalm for me again. Honestly didn't even look at that stuff, just used it the same as the OG
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
Yeah, ok, more facepalm for me again. Honestly didn't even look at that stuff, just used it the same as the OG
Well I am glad you were wrong, but now educated. It is really nice to know you can do stuff with your gear, that you thought, you couldn't.

I have been wrong, many times on my gear too and am always relieved, to learn something new.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
I saw your reply before it got deleted haha. Ok, it's in the manual and I hadn't seen that part. RTFM
Yes but I deleted it because I saw that not everything is in there, which was what you were asking for.. things like midi channels can be changed on the unit as well. Didn’t find that in the quick start manual..
Gear Head

Trying to remain patient. I want another one but I want the transparent blue that hasn't been released yet.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
i think the none blackest of black is a really nice colour, nobody really thought it was black after seeing pics surely?
In my experience promo shots are usually lighter than when you see the item in the flesh due to the studio lighting used.

However, this picture from the Behr website does look almost black, a far cry from the reality.

Old 25th November 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
the behringer is a mockup though

i remember this video from way back, it was noted everywhere the colour wasn't black black , lots of owners mentioned it

edit: i know and am not arguing the behri mockup looks blacker than reality btw, anyway i reckon the none black actually looks pretty nice

Old 26th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subverter View Post
In my experience promo shots are usually lighter than when you see the item in the flesh due to the studio lighting used.

However, this picture from the Behr website does look almost black, a far cry from the reality.

Yep. This looks way better than the actual product. The black (as opposed to the dark gray that actually shipped) has great contrast with the silver text, while the real thing looks muted and bland. The black RE-303 is jet black and looks stunningly good.
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
Yep. This looks way better than the actual product. The black (as opposed to the dark gray that actually shipped) has great contrast with the silver text, while the real thing looks muted and bland. The black RE-303 is jet black and looks stunningly good.
This is why I opted for the silver one. I found the contrast of the wording nice and legible.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Man I just got this thing and I regret not getting a 303 years ago, whilst I’m glad to get one for so cheap. absolutely rips.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Man I just got this thing and I regret not getting a 303 years ago, whilst I’m glad to get one for so cheap. absolutely rips.
the beauty of any 303 is it just instant fun and so easy to enjoy yourself for some good time, add drum machine or loop and go - come back later happy
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
the beauty of any 303 is it just instant fun and so easy to enjoy yourself for some good time, add drum machine or loop and go - come back later happy
Yeah I synced it up with a bunch of synths & drum machines and let it run for ages. Was fun syncing the clock on my SH101 to loop around it too. I've heard the sound a million times, but it still sounds like the future when you're playing around with it. Easily the most satisfying knob twiddling too
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Is there any way to feed external audio into the filter input without hearing the TD3's internal VCO???
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by LonDonsen View Post
Is there any way to feed external audio into the filter input without hearing the TD3's internal VCO???
I could be wrong, but try and set the OSC switch into the middle. That should cut out the OSC's from the TD-3 itself and allow whatever is coming into the Filter in, to be heard.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
I could be wrong, but try and set the OSC switch into the middle. That should cut out the OSC's from the TD-3 itself and allow whatever is coming into the Filter in, to be heard.
Hey man, thanks a million. What a brilliant and simple idea at the same time. Gonna try this immediately.

Thanks
Gear Nut

just ordered the black td-3 and looking for the best inexpensive, intuitive hardware drum machine to compliment it..sync to it

any ideas?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes this works, although there is some leakage
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by radio_death_wish View Post
just ordered the black td-3 and looking for the best inexpensive, intuitive hardware drum machine to compliment it..sync to it

any ideas?
EXCELLENT NAME ! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!

define inexpensive - a few below but others will jump out i am sure

160 ish and below

Uno drum - killer ! RD6 too

below 300

RD8, drumbrute or impact if harder is better, cyclone tt606

2nd hand the market is huge, add tr8 into the mix etc
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
Yes this works, although there is some leakage
I'm glad this works, I never actually tried it and only remembering hearing it around.

Is the leakage bad? Is it a deal breaker, or can it be overcome, with something else louder coming into it? What if you had a blank pattern, so nothing was being played?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
jjust

Just wanted to confirm that it works! Very cool!
Gear Nut

Quote:
EXCELLENT NAME ! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT !!

define inexpensive - a few below but others will jump out i am sure

160 ish and below

Uno drum - killer ! RD6 too

below 300

RD8, drumbrute or impact if harder is better, cyclone tt606

2nd hand the market is huge, add tr8 into the mix etc
its the name of my band. thanks

will need to look at your suggestions. Many thanks

p.s its imperative the drum machine can sync with td3 without the need for computer..ive got so sick and tired of crashes, glitches, windows updates
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'm glad this works, I never actually tried it and only remembering hearing it around.

Is the leakage bad? Is it a deal breaker, or can it be overcome, with something else louder coming into it? What if you had a blank pattern, so nothing was being played?
It is not that bad, only audible when you don't have anything plugged into the input. And you have to trigger the VCA to hear anything anyway.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
its the name of my band. thanks

will need to look at your suggestions. Many thanks

p.s its imperative the drum machine can sync with td3 without the need for computer..ive got so sick and tired of crashes, glitches, windows updates

ALL have midi, most of them have analogue clock too so no sync issues should show up

enjoy the search
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:

On my yellow TD3 I don't hear any leakage. I ran my MC202's VCO through it.

Man, that's so cool. For just 95€ (black version) you get authentic TB303 sound (I had the original for 25 years) plus a MIDI to CV/Gate converter and an analog filter for any sound source! I'm loving this machine and what behringer is providing for us right now and for the future!
Lives for gear

Quote:
On my yellow TD3 I don't hear any leakage. I ran my MC202's VCO through it.

Man, that's so cool. For just 95€ (black version) you get authentic TB303 sound (I had the original for 25 years) plus a MIDI to CV/Gate converter and an analog filter for any sound source! I'm loving this machine and what behringer is providing for us right now and for the future!
Did you try it without anything on the input? I can clearly hear the VCA's clicking, but also the internal oscillator very quietly
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Did you try it without anything on the input? I can clearly hear the VCA's clicking, but also the internal oscillator very quietly
Analog gates create some kind of impulse, that's normal. But in my case it's absolutely inaudible. There is no pitch or buzz or anything like that coming from the internal VCO. It's just "silent" energy from the gate signal I guess. And if you crank the resonance you obviously hear a tiny bit of selfoscillation from the filter which is also very normal.
Gear Nut

Is there any way to slave my MFB Nanozwerg (v1..untameable little beast) to ableton, through the tb3 while keeping sequences independent?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Analog gates create some kind of impulse, that's normal. But in my case it's absolutely inaudible. There is no pitch or buzz or anything like that coming from the internal VCO. It's just "silent" energy from the gate signal I guess. And if you crank the resonance you obviously hear a tiny bit of selfoscillation from the filter which is also very normal.
Hmm I do have a Rat pedal connected, so maybe it is only audible because that amplifies the signal. Will do some more testing.
Old 27th November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Is there any way to slave my MFB Nanozwerg (v1..untameable little beast) to ableton, through the tb3 while keeping sequences independent?
If you can set your Nanozwerg to a different MIDI channel than the TD-3 all should be good.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Here for the gear

Quote:

any ideas?
Though I have 4 other drum machines, when it comes to jamming with my TD-3, my vote is for a Volca Sample. You can have every classic drum kit you can possibly think of programmed in. Throw in some nice pads, chords for good measure. Great onboard FX. I've seen a couple go for under $100 on ebay recently.
Old 1st December 2020 | Show parent
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Hmm I do have a Rat pedal connected, so maybe it is only audible because that amplifies the signal. Will do some more testing.
eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrr yeah, that could well be a large part of it do report back though
πŸ“ Reply