The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 22nd November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
Just wondering, if you order from DV247 online does it ship from the UK & come with a 3 pin UK PSU, or does their stuff come with EU plugs needing an adapter like with thomann?
Ive no idea to be honest eu plugs a pain in the arse (insert pun here ......)
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
Just wondering, if you order from DV247 online does it ship from the UK & come with a 3 pin UK PSU, or does their stuff come with EU plugs needing an adapter like with thomann?
pronger mate

2 pin pronger !

death plug pronger and adapter

2 pin death pronger

they bang on about having a uk warehouse, i reckon that is myth

yes people i am joking and know they have a uk warehouse but in about 11 purchases not once did i get a uk device
Lives for gear

Just received a black one yesterday. Well I say black.... wish it actually was black, instead of the dodgy turd colour that it is.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that ACCENT is SAVAGE!

Unfortunately with distortion engaged there is an annoying hum which is there regardless of knob positions, so it has to go back.

Last edited by Subverter; 22nd November 2020 at 11:29 PM.. Reason: someone already posted price info
Old 23rd November 2020 | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subverter View Post
Just received a black one yesterday. Well I say black.... wish it actually was black, instead of the dodgy turd colour that it is.

HOLY MOTHER OF GOD that ACCENT is SAVAGE!

Unfortunately with distortion engaged there is an annoying hum which is there regardless of knob positions, so it has to go back.
I agree on the color “black” it is more like a weird greyish color.

About the hum; is yours connected with a usb cable? If so, try to disconnect it and see if that helps.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
yes people i am joking and know they have a uk warehouse but in about 11 purchases not once did i get a uk device
They have many kilos of straight bananas too, the swines!!
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
I agree on the color “black” it is more like a weird greyish color.

About the hum; is yours connected with a usb cable? If so, try to disconnect it and see if that helps.
No this is standalone, not connected in any way to a computer or any other devices.
Old 24th November 2020
Lives for gear

I've been experimenting with the filter input, sending a totally different oscillator into it. But is there a way to disable the internal oscillator of the TD-3?
Old 24th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
I've been experimenting with the filter input, sending a totally different oscillator into it. But is there a way to disable the internal oscillator of the TD-3?
put the waveform switch in the middle
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qtek View Post
put the waveform switch in the middle
Cool thanks!

A few more question:

Is there a way to make the TD-3 respond to incoming midi messages while also receiving clock?

Currently it is either playing its internal sequencer and not responding to midi notes, or I have to stop its internal sequencer (or stop sending clock to it) to make it respond to midi notes..

Also: is there a way to make it sync to any incoming clock, but also be able to use the internal clock when it does not receive any clock? (in short: is there an Auto sync mode)
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Cool thanks!

A few more question:

Is there a way to make the TD-3 respond to incoming midi messages while also receiving clock?

Currently it is either playing its internal sequencer and not responding to midi notes, or I have to stop its internal sequencer (or stop sending clock to it) to make it respond to midi notes..

Also: is there a way to make it sync to any incoming clock, but also be able to use the internal clock when it does not receive any clock? (in short: is there an Auto sync mode)
Hi there, yes, you can send it midi note and velocity information (even pitchbend!), as well as midi clock, simultaneously. I have mine receiving midi clock from my RME Fireface 802, while being sequenced from my Keystep Pro and it works perfectly.

No, there is no auto sync. You have to manually assign a clock by holding down back + tap and selecting the source via the first 4 step keys.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Hi there, yes, you can send it midi note and velocity information (even pitchbend!), as well as midi clock, simultaneously. I have mine receiving midi clock from my RME Fireface 802, while being sequenced from my Keystep Pro and it works perfectly.

No, there is no auto sync. You have to manually assign a clock by holding down back + tap and selecting the source via the first 4 step keys.
Thanks, but doesn't your TD-3 start its own internal sequencer when you send it clock? Mine doesn't respond to midi notes anymore when the internal sequencer is playing?
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:

)
use blank pattern, that way clock can come in and nothing plays, feel free to play and when a pattern is needed just select her ??

sneaky trick/hack for any interested

send cv clock from something, TD3 set to analogue and it plays its own sequence in time right - ok nothing special here

at the same time have midi connected

IF you are sending midi note data from another instrument or DAW that is in the sync chain when you press STOP on the td3 it auto selects the midi input

thus allowing you to have totally different patterns, i do this a lot

then when you want the TD3 pattern to be back in control just hit play and it picks up
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
use blank pattern, that way clock can come in and nothing plays, feel free to play and when a pattern is needed just select her

sneaky trick/hack for any interested

send cv clock from something, TD3 set to analogue and it plays its own sequence in time right - ok nothing special here

at the same time have midi connected

IF you are sending midi note data from another instrument or DAW that is in the sync chain when you press STOP on the td3 it auto selects the midi input

thus allowing you to have totally different patterns, i do this a lot

then when you want the TD3 pattern to be back in control just hit play and it picks up
Sweet advice. Yes, I apologize and was wrong. In checking now, I have my TD-3 set to Internal clock, which means it will accept midi information and it is my Keystep Pro, that is receiving midi clock from my DAW and sequencing the TD-3. If I have my TD-3 set to midi clock, it will not accept midi note information.

Do as above and try and clock from multiple sources, or leave a blank pattern, so that the sequencer may trigger, but it doesn't actually play anything, as there is nothing to play.

Wondering though, why would you need to send midi clock, if you aren't using the internal sequencer? That is the only reason you would want to use midi clock, is to keep the internal sequencer in time, with other gear. If you are sequencing the TD-3 externally, the playback timing of the sequencing device, would keep things in time.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous View Post
Sweet advice. Yes, I apologize and was wrong. In checking now, I have my TD-3 set to Internal clock, which means it will accept midi information and it is my Keystep Pro, that is receiving midi clock from my DAW and sequencing the TD-3. If I have my TD-3 set to midi clock, it will not accept midi note information.

Do as above and try and clock from multiple sources, or leave a blank pattern, so that the sequencer may trigger, but it doesn't actually play anything, as there is nothing to play.

Wondering though, why would you need to send midi clock, if you aren't using the internal sequencer? That is the only reason you would want to use midi clock, is to keep the internal sequencer in time, with other gear. If you are sequencing the TD-3 externally, the playback timing of the sequencing device, would keep things in time.
I’d like to sometimes use an external sequencer and sometimes the internal sequencer. I want the internal sequencer to be synced to an external midi clock.

Maybe I should just switch sync source to internal whenever I use an external sequencer then..
Old 25th November 2020 | Show parent
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
I’d like to sometimes use an external sequencer and sometimes the internal sequencer. I want the internal sequencer to be synced to an external midi clock.

Maybe I should just switch sync source to internal whenever I use an external sequencer then..
Yes, this would be best. It is really easy to jump back and forth on the fly, anyways. You just hold the back and tap buttons and select the mode you want and you are done.
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Just saw my first used TD-3 priced at $100. Just like the good old days when that's what real 303s were selling for
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
Just saw my first used TD-3 priced at $100. Just like the good old days when that's what real 303s were selling for
lol.. new at thomann 89.- blackfriday special, buying used is not worthwhile
Lives for gear

Quote:
use blank pattern, that way clock can come in and nothing plays, feel free to play and when a pattern is needed just select her ??
I do this on every device with a sequencer. First pattern is always blank.
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subverter View Post
Yeah, it’s not even close to black.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormchild View Post
I do this on every device with a sequencer. First pattern is always blank.
me too except i always use the last pattern to the right
Old 25th November 2020
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
i think the none blackest of black is a really nice colour, nobody really thought it was black after seeing pics surely?
Lives for gear

Quote:
That’s what I was trying, but it doesn’t work as it doesn’t respond to midi notes whenever the internal sequencer is running, even when the pattern is blank.
Gear Guru

🎧 5 years
Quote:
That’s what I was trying, but it doesn’t work as it doesn’t respond to midi notes whenever the internal sequencer is running, even when the pattern is blank.
ok so for my head can you explain why you need a sequence running and access to the engine ? is td3 master ?

surely if you just want to play the engine via kbd or ext seq: you don't need the engine running

i set mine to analogue and then send midi to it but as i said i switch the seq: off then restart when i want it again
Old 25th November 2020
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I had the same problem with clock and playing by Midi.

Of course you don't need both on at the same time but it is annoying to have to go back and forth with settings when you want to change it, especially as it involves connecting up a USB cable, opening up the behringer synth tool, blah blah blah. Why can't it just be cool with both clock and incoming notes at the same time as long as the internal pattern is blank, like basically every other synth ever?
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
I had the same problem with clock and playing by Midi.

Of course you don't need both on at the same time but it is annoying to have to go back and forth with settings when you want to change it, especially as it involves connecting up a USB cable, opening up the behringer synth tool, blah blah blah. Why can't it just be cool with both clock and incoming notes at the same time as long as the internal pattern is blank, like basically every other synth ever?
This.

But luckily you can change the clock source on the td-3 itself, you don’t need to connect it to a computer.
Lives for gear

1 Review written
🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
lol.. new at thomann 89.- blackfriday special, buying used is not worthwhile
Soon TD-3 owners will pay you to take it off their hands
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by enossified View Post
Soon TD-3 owners will pay you to take it off their hands
why not, I'll dispose of your 303 for 303.- the 606 costs 606.- etc.
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
luckily you can change the clock source on the td-3 itself, you don’t need to connect it to a computer.
I've just seen the post above saying how to do this on the unit, I had no idea. Is there a full list of these extra functions on the unit anywhere?
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
I saw your reply before it got deleted haha. Ok, it's in the manual and I hadn't seen that part. RTFM
Gear Maniac

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus O' Bottle View Post
I've just seen the post above saying how to do this on the unit, I had no idea. Is there a full list of these extra functions on the unit anywhere?
It is listed right on the front panel. You will see that Back + Tap says SYNC. You will also see the first 4 silver steps, clearly say INT, MIDI, USB, TRIG.

CLEAR + START/STOP is to randomize patterns.

It is very easy to change sync mode on the fly, right from the unit itself. I have never once hooked up the USB cable and was able to change everything.
📝 Reply