The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Also whether you use a DAW or not isnt a factor in making good tunes, Prodigy uses a w30, which is pretty **** really.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
Have you tried connecting it via 5 pin MIDI?
Yes, I have a midi in out to usb cable but it didnt work, I may try it again with the new settings.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

not a fan of USB MIDI yet, if your interface has a MIDI port use it, or if you have a dedicated MIDI interface use that, problems and noise often raise from using USB as MIDI.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
not a fan of USB MIDI yet, if your interface has a MIDI port use it, or if you have a dedicated MIDI interface use that, problems and noise often raise from using USB as MIDI.
From what I have noticed is that you need an a USB expansion (PCIe or PCI whatever your motherboard supports) card or else you'll get noise.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I just realised I had the volume turned down on TD3, it seems ok apart from the recording is out of sync.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by codetheory View Post
I just realised I had the volume turned down on TD3, it seems ok apart from the recording is out of sync.
you have to put the TD3 into MIDI sync mode and make sure it's actually receiving MIDI clock.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Cool, yeah as Fiddlesticks says make sure it's in MIDI sync mode (Function + E on the TD-3 for USB) and check those MIDI Sync Project Settings I put above to make sure that 'Clock' is ticked for the TD-3.

It may be different using MIDI to clock the TD-3 but every time I stop and start Logic, I need to cycle 'Start/Stop' on the TD-3. If you just keep it started all the time, it'll pick up where it left off when you stopped Logic if clocking with the analog sync as there's no reset. MIDI may have a reset built in but something to bear in mind if it's not in sync with the DAW.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

I just noticed that Amazon US has Yellow and Black listed as out of stock, but priced at $115.45. I already got Blue and Silver, so how do I explain to my wife that I just bought a Yellow?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by base615 View Post
Cool, yeah as Fiddlesticks says make sure it's in MIDI sync mode (Function + E on the TD-3 for USB) and check those MIDI Sync Project Settings I put above to make sure that 'Clock' is ticked for the TD-3.

It may be different using MIDI to clock the TD-3 but every time I stop and start Logic, I need to cycle 'Start/Stop' on the TD-3. If you just keep it started all the time, it'll pick up where it left off when you stopped Logic if clocking with the analog sync as there's no reset. MIDI may have a reset built in but something to bear in mind if it's not in sync with the DAW.
Weird I'm using hardware MIDI sync and the start/stop button does nothing as it's in slave mode. When I press start on my MMT-8 it starts the TD-3.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
you still on mumsnet?

Last edited by whatever17; 1 week ago at 06:43 AM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Ai View Post
Weird I'm using hardware MIDI sync and the start/stop button does nothing as it's in slave mode. When I press start on my MMT-8 it starts the TD-3.
Yeah, it starts for me too. It just doesn't reset so, if I last stopped it on step 12, it'll start on step 13 when I next start the DAW. I just have to turn Start/Stop off and back on and it resets to step 1 but doesn't start until I start the DAW (or my Eurorack that's actually syncing it).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Alright, plugged mine in with the USB again and tried recording. Everything synced up perfectly as long as I had it in USB sync mode. DAW sends a reset too so it starts bang on every time but, if you have a count-in, it'll start at the start of the count-in rather than the start of where you want to record. Just set the count in to the same length as your pattern or track and you'll be fine. To get it into USB sync mode press Function, then press Back and Write/Next together and press the E key which is labelled USB.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Now it isnt making any sound atall although there is level on the meter.
It's very clear you need to read the manual for logic and take two minutes to learn and understand simple things like midi and audio routing, there must be specific sections you can just jump to with a search
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah, it starts for me too. It just doesn't reset so, if I last stopped it on step 12, it'll start on step 13 when I next start the DAW. I just have to turn Start/Stop off and back on and it resets to step 1 but doesn't start until I start the DAW (or my Eurorack that's actually syncing it).
missing a NOT + trig to reset on Stop somewhere.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Also whether you use a DAW or not isnt a factor in making good tunes, Prodigy uses a w30, which is pretty **** really.
A W30 isn't a DAW.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

When I record it sounds ok and is in time but when I play it back it is out of sync.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
When I record it sounds ok and is in time but when I play it back it is out of sync.
Are you turning off input monitoring on the track when playing back?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
you still on mumsnet?
I did ask for help on mumsnet but they just mocked me for not having an original tb 303.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I did ask for help on mumsnet but they just mocked me for not having an original tb 3030.
Nobody has one of those.

Actually they do but ssssh on the Oakley thing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatever17 View Post
missing a NOT + trig to reset on Stop somewhere.
Dunno how to do that from my euro sequencer. I'm only sending it a trigger. It'd be nice to have a dedicated reset input on the TD-3 but it's no major issue to just his the Start/Stop button twice before pressing play.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Are you turning off input monitoring on the track when playing back?
i did that still out of sync, could it be a latency issue like I had with my USB mic?

Although with that, the input was delayed while recording.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Anyone know of an easy way to screen capture and audio capture a logic session?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Dunno how to do that from my euro sequencer. I'm only sending it a trigger. It'd be nice to have a dedicated reset input on the TD-3 but it's no major issue to just his the Start/Stop button twice before pressing play.

only for the principle:
if you have a run/stop mechanism to control a sequencer, run is on/high, stop is off/low. connect this switch to an inverter or a NOT gate to have a on/high state when it stops, that generates a pulse to the reset.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
A W30 isn't a DAW.
I never said it was.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

So, when I play the TD3 it is in time and when I record it it is in time but when I stop recording and play back the recording it is out of time.

I have gone into audio preferences and increased buffer size etc.

I just recorded something with my usb mic and I have the same issue.

It actually sounds like the recording isnt lagging but the opposite of lagging, coming in too soon.

Which is good I guess as it means it isnt a td3 problem.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Well done.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well done.
My point, before you got your panties in a bunch over it, is that perhaps you should start your own thread. Perhaps people aren't interested in every single issue you have with yours.

Every single time I log in to read a comment about it all I see is you whinging because you don't know how to read a manual.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Again my point was you don't know what you are doing. This is fine, we've all been there. But start a new thread man.
I'm not interested in your newb issues, I'm here to learn about the TD3.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushy Mushy View Post
You can slag us off personally as much as you want but the music is a faux pas man. We just don't do that.

I have absolutely zero problem with you hating the music, and good luck to you doing so. However slagging it off on the forum just isn't cricket.
Its a little too late for you to start claiming the moral high ground dude and your music is really bad, I would rather be hit repeatedly over the head with a hammer than listen to it again.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Its a little too late for you to start claiming the moral high ground dude and your music is really bad, I would rather be hit repeatedly over the head with a hammer than listen to it again.
Thanks for the feedback. That's the effect I was going for

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search