The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by base615 View Post
Most likely you have input monitoring only for the focused track selected.

Preferences > Audio > General and make sure this is deselected:

Regarding the other track being played by the MIDI from the TD-3, make sure the TD-3 is not a MIDI input. Preferences > MIDI > Inputs and make sure TD-3 is deselected.

No need for payment
Nearly, it will only play the Behringer if I select another track but If I try to record on the track it still receives the Behringer pattern and records the midi data.

I do not understand this "Preferences > MIDI > Inputs and make sure TD-3 is deselected."
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-03.52.43.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by codetheory View Post
Nearly, it will only play the Behringer if I select another track but If I try to record on the track it still receives the Behringer pattern and records the midi data.

I do not understand this "Preferences > MIDI > Inputs and make sure TD-3 is deselected."
Do a screenshot of your MIDI inputs page in preferences.

Click 'Logic Pro X' in the menu and roll over 'Preferences' and select 'MIDI' from the sub menu.

The select the 'Inputs' tab and you should see something like this:

You'll have the TD-3 in there. I've not connected mine via USB so I don't know how it comes up but it might be something like 'TD-3' or it might say something along the lines of 'USB MIDI Device'. If it's selected then it will send MIDI to any track that is receiving MIDI.

Edit: Just plugged mine in and it says TD-3 as per the below screenshot:

TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-3.44.13-pm.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-2.21.33-pm.jpg   TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-3.44.13-pm.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoozer View Post
This just in from the Behringer Facebook page:

Would be cool to have a frosted transparent TD3
Are these for real? You’d think at some point some genius over there at Barringer would come up with the idea of selling the cases separately that way you could buy one and then if you get tired of the color just buy a case.

I can see collectors having to get all the colors though, just to complete the set.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post
selling the cases separately that way you could buy one and then if you get tired of the color just buy a case.
haha excellent. how about 3rd party fantasy cases with 3D printers? HR Geiger etc.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Do a screenshot of your MIDI inputs page in preferences.

Click 'Logic Pro X' in the menu and roll over 'Preferences' and select 'MIDI' from the sub menu.

The select the 'Inputs' tab and you should see something like this:

You'll have the TD-3 in there. I've not connected mine via USB so I don't know how it comes up but it might be something like 'TD-3' or it might say something along the lines of 'USB MIDI Device'. If it's selected then it will send MIDI to any track that is receiving MIDI.

Edit: Just plugged mine in and it says TD-3 as per the below screenshot:
I do not have the MIDI input page, see screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-10.31.24.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I do not have the MIDI input page, see screenshot.
Go to the advanced tab (all the way to the right) and tick everything. You’ll then see all sorts of cool stuff, one of which should be the aforementioned MiDI input page.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Go to the advanced tab (all the way to the right) and tick everything. You’ll then see all sorts of cool stuff, one of which should be the aforementioned MiDI input page.
Those are already all ticked.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-12.13.15.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Interesting. Not seen that before.

What does it show in the Environment?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Interesting. Not seen that before.

What does it show in the Environment?
Environment? where is this?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
Environment? where is this?
This is doing my ****ing head in now, why so complicated, just to do this, i might just get Ableton, is it any good?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I found enviroment.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-13.09.25.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

By the way @ base615 , I for one am really appreciating your Logic input lessons! Cheers man.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Windows
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-13.41.58.jpg   TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-26-13.42.06.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Just to confirm at the moment the TD3 is connected to my mac by a USB cable.

I have a midi in out - usb interface cable but when I connect that it doesnt work atall.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

fk I have a migraine after reading the last few pages..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
fk I have a migraine after reading the last few pages..
Logic = headache
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

not missing DAWs right meow.

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timewalk View Post
Yellow have been out for quite some time, it just depends on when you ordered and where you ordered from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amenbrother View Post
Yellow in 5-6 weeks!
^^ THANKS ^^

Also, my Sweetwater rep just reached out and confirmed the same.
Old 1 week ago
I do not regret my decision to make Pro Tools my main DAW, even though I'm on a mac...
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

So, when I go to the Logic manual, there's no page for MIDI input so I don't know if they removed it from preferences in the latest version of LPX and want everyone to do everything in the Environment now. Very weird if they have.

What I'd recommend is in the 'Clicks and Ports' page in the Environment, drag from the physical input for your Microkey down to the 'Input Notes' keyboard. Then drag from the 'Sum' physical input back onto itself to delete it. I believe that should then only recognise notes from your Microkey rather than everything as it's set up now.

Logic can be very confusing at the start but, now I understand it, I much prefer it to Ableton which I used almost exclusively all the way from version 1 up until last year. It's a bit of a head **** for a while though, I'll admit that

This is a pretty good tutorial series for Logic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMlbRv8dnuE
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
So, when I go to the Logic manual, there's no page for MIDI input so I don't know if they removed it from preferences in the latest version of LPX and want everyone to do everything in the Environment now. Very weird if they have.

What I'd recommend is in the 'Clicks and Ports' page in the Environment, drag from the physical input for your Microkey down to the 'Input Notes' keyboard. Then drag from the 'Sum' physical input back onto itself to delete it. I believe that should then only recognise notes from your Microkey rather than everything as it's set up now.

Logic can be very confusing at the start but, now I understand it, I much prefer it to Ableton which I used almost exclusively all the way from version 1 up until last year. It's a bit of a head **** for a while though, I'll admit that

This is a pretty good tutorial series for Logic - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMlbRv8dnuE
Ok it is kind of working now, I dont get interference on the other midi channels.

When I just play the TD3 along it is in time but when I try to record it as audio, sometimes it starts but it is slightly delayed and sometimes the TD3 doesnt start atall, thanks for your help for getting this far.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok it is kind of working now, I dont get interference on the other midi channels.

When I just play the TD3 along it is in time but when I try to record it as audio, sometimes it starts but it is slightly delayed and sometimes the TD3 doesnt start atall, thanks for your help for getting this far.
I may be wrong but I think earlier in this thread some people were having issues with clocking the TD-3 over USB / MIDI. I don't know if it's been resolved but, if it has, maybe a firmware update would help. I clock mine from Eurorack so haven't encountered the issue.

The other place you might want to check is in the MIDI sync settings for the project.

Go Preferences > MIDI > Sync and click the 'MISI Sync Project Settings' button in the bottom right. You should see all your MIDI destinations.

Make sure you've ticked clock for the TD-3. You can adjust a delay if you need to to and I find the best clock mode down the bottom is 'Pattern'.

TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-27-10.34.04-am.jpg

Remember these settings are specific to the project so, if you find settings that work for you, save it down into a template otherwise you'll need to set these up every time.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-screen-shot-2020-03-27-10.34.04-am.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I may be wrong but I think earlier in this thread some people were having issues with clocking the TD-3 over USB / MIDI. I don't know if it's been resolved but, if it has, maybe a firmware update would help. I clock mine from Eurorack so haven't encountered the issue.
Remember these settings are specific to the project so, if you find settings that work for you, save it down into a template otherwise you'll need to set these up every time.
Thanks I will give that a try.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-henry.jpg  
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
The "303 sound" don't like DAW. The best acid tracks are made without computer.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philips View Post
The "303 sound" don't like DAW. The best acid tracks are made without computer.
Probably true
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Now it isnt making any sound atall although there is level on the meter.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
not missing DAWs right meow.

No DAWs allowed with my acid stuff lol
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Of course but that means I would have to spend aload of money on new gear, it isnt working, there is something wrong with the TD3, it will work once then not work until you reboot then may or may not work.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I use to sell gear 30 years ago at Sutekina, Turnkey, Music Connections, and others any of you know these shops?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Have you tried connecting it via 5 pin MIDI?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search