The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
yes saw that. But you have to become member of that music tribe or something. Not sure what that is?
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodde View Post
yes saw that. But you have to become member of that music tribe or something. Not sure what that is?
Behringer forum is all , some decent folk on there tbf
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
?

Music Tribe is Behringer's parent company, or whatever the proper name of their corporate structure is, but it's them.

I've had my Boog serviced by them, easy as pie.

Submit a support ticket via a link on their site.

You'll get an email response in a few-ish days.

Correspond and answer their questions, etc.

Get an RMA, and off it goes.

All correspondence took about 10days from ticket submission to getting an RMA.

A brand new Boog was back in my hands in ~30dsays and it only cost me one-way domestic postage to their US Service Center in Georgia.

I suspect their are others based on ones location, and other options if it doesn't need repairing.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
?

Music Tribe is Behringer's parent company, or whatever the proper name of their corporate structure is, but it's them.

I've had my Boog serviced by them, easy as pie.

Submit a support ticket via a link on their site.

You'll get an email response in a few-ish days.

Correspond and answer their questions, etc.

Get an RMA, and off it goes.

ok, but it's not that I have a bad unit. I think it has to do with the firmware or software or design or whatever. Just want to point that out to Behringer.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Yep and I told um fuq off and dont send it, refund my money :D (back when i ordered the blue).

Glad I canceled, now I will be getting the yellow from Sweetwater.....some day.....
Just got the notice from UPS that my yellow beast will be here today. My friend who ordered from Sweetwater has been told mid-May. I'm fine with having to buy my own adapter.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
I'm in the UK. Possibly they are prioritising EU customers, and I wouldn't blame them at all for that. Or maybe it's just down to when orders were placed. But be honest about it.

Anyway enjoy your TD-3s. I've just ordered a Pro-1 instead
Bizarre. I'm in the USA and my yellow td-3 from thomann is arriving today.

I previously ordered the Pro-1 from them. You're gonna love it, stellar piece of kit.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by heddhunter View Post
Bizarre. I'm in the USA and my yellow td-3 from thomann is arriving today.

I previously ordered the Pro-1 from them. You're gonna love it, stellar piece of kit.
I’m uk my preorder yellow Td3 from thomann won’t be with me until Friday.
Old 26th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
I’m uk my preorder yellow Td3 from thomann won’t be with me until Friday.
I ordered from Anderton’s coz I can’t deal with so many adapters.
Old 26th February 2020
Quote:
ok, but it's not that I have a bad unit. I think it has to do with the firmware or software or design or whatever. Just want to point that out to Behringer.
I thought this was fixed in a firmware update. Is your TD-3 up to date? I’ve not experienced the problem myself but will try tonight

Edit: I just tested this fully and my patterns save just fine with V1.2.4.

Last edited by sdesign75; 26th February 2020 at 08:21 PM..
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
So go there, register, set up a support ticket and inform them

The tickets are instrument related and when I had to talk about something they were on the ball and attentive
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone else miss GOD_MUSIC?
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-15827478153621386943365.jpg  
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Can the posters above who have received yellow TD-s tell me where they got them from please? Thanks.
I received mine today from Thomann, delivered to the Netherlands.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_m_berlin View Post
hi,
your notebook display shows some sequencer lines. what is that?
Was mentioned before somewhere, I guess here on GS:

303patterns.com/
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
So go there, register, set up a support ticket and inform them

The tickets are instrument related and when I had to talk about something they were on the ball and attentive
Ok I will do. Thanks.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesign75 View Post
I thought this was fixed in a firmware update. Is your TD-3 up to date? I’ve not experienced the problem myself but will try tonight

Edit: I just tested this fully and my patterns save just fine with V1.2.4.
No. Only the octave saving has been addressed in that last update. But the other saving issues as shown in the video are still there.
Old 26th February 2020
Quote:
No. Only the octave saving has been addressed in that last update. But the other saving issues as shown in the video are still there.
I tested the issue identified on both videos with both of my TD-3s and I don’t have those issues at all. My patterns are saved just fine. I’m not saying there’s no issue present for others though, just not on my units.
Old 26th February 2020
Here for the gear

303 style midi sequencer / td-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishime View Post
Was mentioned before somewhere, I guess here on GS:

303patterns.com/
oh thank you.

it looks very similar to my layout.
I didn't know that and around Christmas I built a little sequencer in 303 style with full control by touch and/or rotary encoder with push .
I hope that TD3 will be able to midi-slides soon.

However, it has a few more features ( two independent sequencer layers with its own channel, rotate, variable Gatetime, Slide with flexible Midi-CC eg. for Roland TB03, step insert, step delete,...).

I also wanted to do the pattern programming via sysEx in realtime by VST. TD3-SysEx-Reengineering was already done...

But beware:
There is a risk that every change in real time is immediately written into the eeprom. (i can't say that for sure)
A sequence is sent as a 124 byte block. every time, every change.
Shifting one note with mouse by two octaves means 24 EEPROM cycles.
If you do this all day and to often, the EEPROM is quickly at the end of its life and gets alzheimer.

This could be the reason why Behringer synthtool is not sending changes immediately. That's why I don't care anymore.
We will know it, if people suddenly says that saving works no longer reliable.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-img_20200226_214539-1-.jpg   TD-3  behringer 303 clone-img_20200111_234403-1-.jpg  
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
looks yeller, no?
As I believe you've purchased a few of these now - have you noticed any differences between them?

Specifically I'm wondering if they've made any adjustments to the VCF offset trimpot since the first batch of silvers went out. Or if they're all the exact same and a bit bright out of the box?

My thinking is, if they're reading these threads and issued the slide update etc after doing so, then they might have also thought to adjust the VCF trimpot on later batches/on the new colours? I dunno, maybe it's silly to think that, but that's probably what I'd have done in their shoes.

I suppose I can find out for myself when my yellow arrives but that'll be my only TD-3, so can't compare it to the older ones/other colours to hear if they're all the same.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Anyone else miss GOD_MUSIC?
Im not sure "miss" is the woed I'd choose.
Old 27th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeshiftApe View Post
As I believe you've purchased a few of these now - have you noticed any differences between them?

Specifically I'm wondering if they've made any adjustments to the VCF offset trimpot since the first batch of silvers went out. Or if they're all the exact same and a bit bright out of the box?

My thinking is, if they're reading these threads and issued the slide update etc after doing so, then they might have also thought to adjust the VCF trimpot on later batches/on the new colours? I dunno, maybe it's silly to think that, but that's probably what I'd have done in their shoes.

I suppose I can find out for myself when my yellow arrives but that'll be my only TD-3, so can't compare it to the older ones/other colours to hear if they're all the same.
TBH I can't say for sure as I modded and handed on my other ones. Initial impression was yes, lower, but can't A/B. Can post a recording later though with a cutoff sweep.
Old 27th February 2020
DGL
Lives for gear
Just a little FYI, Thomann quoted £125 on their website and I was charged in pounds looking at my statement, great as despite ordering something from Germany I didn't have to pay any commission!
Plus the conversion rate when compared to the euro price on the German Thomann page was only 50p out, which given how the exchange rate fluctuates is fine.

Arriving Friday now though, but as no one will be in today that is fine.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
Just a little FYI, Thomann quoted £125 on their website and I was charged in pounds looking at my statement, great as despite ordering something from Germany I didn't have to pay any commission!
Plus the conversion rate when compared to the euro price on the German Thomann page was only 50p out, which given how the exchange rate fluctuates is fine.

Did you order today, or was it a pre-order?
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post

But Thomann haven't got any, no-one's got one from them, nor will they for the foreseeable future.

They told me so. Twice.

Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

Another yellow one from Thomann reporting. The yellow is so pretty

Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head
Quote:
TBH I can't say for sure as I modded and handed on my other ones. Initial impression was yes, lower, but can't A/B. Can post a recording later though with a cutoff sweep.
So mine just arrived. Been having some fun jamming with it and my Drumbrute.

I decided to give it a comparison myself. I figured that the pattern loopop uses in his comparison video was fairly simple so should be easy to recreate. Turns out he created it in that video so didn't even have to work it out.

Played the same pattern with the same settings through my TD-3 and it's noticeably darker. My yellow TD-3 sounds closer to his TB-303 than his TD-3. His TD-3 still chirps a little during the bark test but mine doesn't at all, just pure bark.

So it looks like Behringer did adjust it on the new models?

Looks like I won't have to open mine up right away after all.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head

Quote:

Just received mine. Hooked it up and yes, it is a bit bright. Gonna lower the vcf trim later this evening. No biggie. Think I'm gonna apply the rubber mod too.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Im not sure "miss" is the woed I'd choose.
My GF and I always have a good laugh at his posts.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Head
I've attached my yellow TD-3 doing the bark test from Loopop's video. Tempo might not be matched perfectly but still sounds darker to me regardless of what I set the tempo to.

You can see his comparison here: https://youtu.be/fcC572m8rHs?t=1109

Edit: I've uploaded 2 direct comparison files with the levels more or less matched.

"YellowVSSilver.wav" plays the pattern on my yellow first, and then plays Loopop's silver TD-3.

"YellowVSTB303.wav" plays the pattern on my yellow, and then on Loopop's TB-303.
Attached Files

barktest.wav (782.7 KB, 548 views)

YellowVSSilver.wav (3.06 MB, 580 views)

YellowVSTB303.wav (1.53 MB, 580 views)

Old 27th February 2020
Quote:
I've attached my yellow TD-3 doing the bark test from Loopop's video. Tempo might not be matched perfectly but still sounds darker to me regardless of what I set the tempo to.

You can see his comparison here: https://youtu.be/fcC572m8rHs?t=1109
Ace!

So, one could say the yellow one sounds barker. (badumm...)
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ace!

So, one could say the yellow one sounds barker. (badumm...)
does the yellow sound different from the green one, is there already a color mod?

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search