The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 26th February 2020
  #5431
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Anyone else miss GOD_MUSIC?
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-15827478153621386943365.jpg  
Old 26th February 2020
  #5432
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
Can the posters above who have received yellow TD-s tell me where they got them from please? Thanks.
I received mine today from Thomann, delivered to the Netherlands.
Old 26th February 2020
  #5433
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by marco_m_berlin View Post
hi,
your notebook display shows some sequencer lines. what is that?
Was mentioned before somewhere, I guess here on GS:

303patterns.com/
Old 26th February 2020
  #5434
Gear Addict
 
Bodde's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
So go there, register, set up a support ticket and inform them

The tickets are instrument related and when I had to talk about something they were on the ball and attentive
Ok I will do. Thanks.
Old 26th February 2020
  #5435
Gear Addict
 
Bodde's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdesign75 View Post
I thought this was fixed in a firmware update. Is your TD-3 up to date? I’ve not experienced the problem myself but will try tonight

Edit: I just tested this fully and my patterns save just fine with V1.2.4.
No. Only the octave saving has been addressed in that last update. But the other saving issues as shown in the video are still there.
Old 26th February 2020
  #5436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bodde View Post
No. Only the octave saving has been addressed in that last update. But the other saving issues as shown in the video are still there.
I tested the issue identified on both videos with both of my TD-3s and I don’t have those issues at all. My patterns are saved just fine. I’m not saying there’s no issue present for others though, just not on my units.
Old 26th February 2020
  #5437
Here for the gear
 

303 style midi sequencer / td-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishime View Post
Was mentioned before somewhere, I guess here on GS:

303patterns.com/
oh thank you.

it looks very similar to my layout.
I didn't know that and around Christmas I built a little sequencer in 303 style with full control by touch and/or rotary encoder with push .
I hope that TD3 will be able to midi-slides soon.

However, it has a few more features ( two independent sequencer layers with its own channel, rotate, variable Gatetime, Slide with flexible Midi-CC eg. for Roland TB03, step insert, step delete,...).

I also wanted to do the pattern programming via sysEx in realtime by VST. TD3-SysEx-Reengineering was already done...

But beware:
There is a risk that every change in real time is immediately written into the eeprom. (i can't say that for sure)
A sequence is sent as a 124 byte block. every time, every change.
Shifting one note with mouse by two octaves means 24 EEPROM cycles.
If you do this all day and to often, the EEPROM is quickly at the end of its life and gets alzheimer.

This could be the reason why Behringer synthtool is not sending changes immediately. That's why I don't care anymore.
We will know it, if people suddenly says that saving works no longer reliable.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-img_20200226_214539-1-.jpg   TD-3  behringer 303 clone-img_20200111_234403-1-.jpg  
Old 27th February 2020
  #5438
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
looks yeller, no?
As I believe you've purchased a few of these now - have you noticed any differences between them?

Specifically I'm wondering if they've made any adjustments to the VCF offset trimpot since the first batch of silvers went out. Or if they're all the exact same and a bit bright out of the box?

My thinking is, if they're reading these threads and issued the slide update etc after doing so, then they might have also thought to adjust the VCF trimpot on later batches/on the new colours? I dunno, maybe it's silly to think that, but that's probably what I'd have done in their shoes.

I suppose I can find out for myself when my yellow arrives but that'll be my only TD-3, so can't compare it to the older ones/other colours to hear if they're all the same.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5439
Lives for gear
 
Bignatius's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebodyperson View Post
Anyone else miss GOD_MUSIC?
Im not sure "miss" is the woed I'd choose.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5440
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeshiftApe View Post
As I believe you've purchased a few of these now - have you noticed any differences between them?

Specifically I'm wondering if they've made any adjustments to the VCF offset trimpot since the first batch of silvers went out. Or if they're all the exact same and a bit bright out of the box?

My thinking is, if they're reading these threads and issued the slide update etc after doing so, then they might have also thought to adjust the VCF trimpot on later batches/on the new colours? I dunno, maybe it's silly to think that, but that's probably what I'd have done in their shoes.

I suppose I can find out for myself when my yellow arrives but that'll be my only TD-3, so can't compare it to the older ones/other colours to hear if they're all the same.
TBH I can't say for sure as I modded and handed on my other ones. Initial impression was yes, lower, but can't A/B. Can post a recording later though with a cutoff sweep.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5441
DGL
Lives for gear
Just a little FYI, Thomann quoted £125 on their website and I was charged in pounds looking at my statement, great as despite ordering something from Germany I didn't have to pay any commission!
Plus the conversion rate when compared to the euro price on the German Thomann page was only 50p out, which given how the exchange rate fluctuates is fine.

Arriving Friday now though, but as no one will be in today that is fine.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5442
Lives for gear
 
Groundhog Day's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
Just a little FYI, Thomann quoted £125 on their website and I was charged in pounds looking at my statement, great as despite ordering something from Germany I didn't have to pay any commission!
Plus the conversion rate when compared to the euro price on the German Thomann page was only 50p out, which given how the exchange rate fluctuates is fine.

Arriving Friday now though, but as no one will be in today that is fine.
Did you order today, or was it a pre-order?
Old 27th February 2020
  #5443
Lives for gear
 
Polymooger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGL View Post
Just a little FYI, Thomann quoted £125 on their website and I was charged in pounds looking at my statement, great as despite ordering something from Germany I didn't have to pay any commission!
Plus the conversion rate when compared to the euro price on the German Thomann page was only 50p out, which given how the exchange rate fluctuates is fine.

Arriving Friday now though, but as no one will be in today that is fine.
But Thomann haven't got any, no-one's got one from them, nor will they for the foreseeable future.

They told me so. Twice.


Old 27th February 2020
  #5444
Gear Nut
 
X_Electric's Avatar
 

Another yellow one from Thomann reporting. The yellow is so pretty

Old 27th February 2020
  #5445
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
TBH I can't say for sure as I modded and handed on my other ones. Initial impression was yes, lower, but can't A/B. Can post a recording later though with a cutoff sweep.
So mine just arrived. Been having some fun jamming with it and my Drumbrute.

I decided to give it a comparison myself. I figured that the pattern loopop uses in his comparison video was fairly simple so should be easy to recreate. Turns out he created it in that video so didn't even have to work it out.

Played the same pattern with the same settings through my TD-3 and it's noticeably darker. My yellow TD-3 sounds closer to his TB-303 than his TD-3. His TD-3 still chirps a little during the bark test but mine doesn't at all, just pure bark.

So it looks like Behringer did adjust it on the new models?

Looks like I won't have to open mine up right away after all.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5446
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeshiftApe View Post
As I believe you've purchased a few of these now - have you noticed any differences between them?

Specifically I'm wondering if they've made any adjustments to the VCF offset trimpot since the first batch of silvers went out. Or if they're all the exact same and a bit bright out of the box?

My thinking is, if they're reading these threads and issued the slide update etc after doing so, then they might have also thought to adjust the VCF trimpot on later batches/on the new colours? I dunno, maybe it's silly to think that, but that's probably what I'd have done in their shoes.

I suppose I can find out for myself when my yellow arrives but that'll be my only TD-3, so can't compare it to the older ones/other colours to hear if they're all the same.
Just received mine. Hooked it up and yes, it is a bit bright. Gonna lower the vcf trim later this evening. No biggie. Think I'm gonna apply the rubber mod too.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5447
Lives for gear
 
Somebodyperson's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Im not sure "miss" is the woed I'd choose.
My GF and I always have a good laugh at his posts.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5448
Gear Head
I've attached my yellow TD-3 doing the bark test from Loopop's video. Tempo might not be matched perfectly but still sounds darker to me regardless of what I set the tempo to.

You can see his comparison here: https://youtu.be/fcC572m8rHs?t=1109

Edit: I've uploaded 2 direct comparison files with the levels more or less matched.

"YellowVSSilver.wav" plays the pattern on my yellow first, and then plays Loopop's silver TD-3.

"YellowVSTB303.wav" plays the pattern on my yellow, and then on Loopop's TB-303.
Attached Files

barktest.wav (782.7 KB, 580 views)

YellowVSSilver.wav (3.06 MB, 618 views)

YellowVSTB303.wav (1.53 MB, 614 views)

Old 27th February 2020
  #5449
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeshiftApe View Post
I've attached my yellow TD-3 doing the bark test from Loopop's video. Tempo might not be matched perfectly but still sounds darker to me regardless of what I set the tempo to.

You can see his comparison here: https://youtu.be/fcC572m8rHs?t=1109
Ace!

So, one could say the yellow one sounds barker. (badumm...)
Old 27th February 2020
  #5450
Lives for gear
 
pppch's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
Ace!

So, one could say the yellow one sounds barker. (badumm...)
does the yellow sound different from the green one, is there already a color mod?
Old 27th February 2020
  #5451
DGL
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog Day View Post
Did you order today, or was it a pre-order?
Ordered Monday evening, so not a pre-order.

Silver ones, at least, are still in stock at Thomann.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5452
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
Ace!

So, one could say the yellow one sounds barker. (badumm...)
Barker indeed.

Right, did a bit more playing around.

I took a look at the resonant frequency in each recording:

- Yellow TD-3: 790hz
- TB-303: 966hz
- Silver TD-3: 2.1khz

To match 966hz with my yellow, I need to set the cut-off up to about 8 o'clock.

Initially I was thinking that means some people are gonna try and turn the offset UP now to get it to match, but it seems like with resonance and env all the way up the resonant frequency of the TD-3 is still higher than the TB-303s. Closest I could get to a match is like 4 o'clock.

So.. lower at the lowest setting, higher at the highest setting. Unless I'm missing something, looks like the TD-3's cutoff has a bit more range too. Screamer and barker in one box without any adjustments. Nice.

Had no idea about that before, because listening to all the demos where people fixed the trimpot themselves, I was too focused on the low end of things.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5453
Gear Nut
 
technomind's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polymooger View Post
So I've just spoken to Thomann and they tell me that have no yellow TD-3s and furthermore they never have had any. No-one has received a yellow TD-3 from them. Also they have no current ETA on when they will receive any.

Can the posters above who have received yellow TD-s tell me where they got them from please? Thanks.
@ ishime @ Maffez

That´s funny, because mine is straight from Treppendorf. Who did you talk to? Sometime it seems the village idiot is on the phone, so I normally say a friendly "thank you", hang up and call a little later to get to a different agent.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5454
Lives for gear
 
Polymooger's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomind View Post
That´s funny, because mine is straight from Treppendorf. Who did you talk to? Sometime it seems the village idiot is on the phone, so I normally say a friendly "thank you", hang up and call a little later to get to a different agent.

I spoke to two different agents about 15 mins apart. They both gave me the same bull**** line about never having had any stock and we haven't sent any yellows to anybody.

I got an email today acknowledging that they had in fact had some stock briefly but it was 'directly forwarded' to people in the pre-order queue, like I hadn't been in that queue for over a month myself and been told I was getting mine tomorrow.

I mean it's hardly the end of the world but wtf is with the cloak and dagger crap?
Old 27th February 2020
  #5455
Gear Nut
 
BongoWomble's Avatar
Just ordered my silver from Thomann. Already have a TB-3 but I've never got to play with anything with the OG style sequencer so it's a no-brainer for £125. :-D ACIIIlIDD!!!!
Old 27th February 2020
  #5456
Lives for gear
 
lineofcontrol's Avatar
 

Is this an overdriven TB 303 or overdriven Sh101 with Distortion pedal???
29 secs in. Quite possibly one of the greatest acid lines ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWmLC47JLM

another one just cos it's friggin amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua17CCjLAxU

Last edited by lineofcontrol; 27th February 2020 at 07:04 PM..
Old 27th February 2020
  #5457
Gear Addict
 

I received my AM today, it's orange definitively not yellow
(how can I insert a picture I took?)

Last edited by Sextuor; 27th February 2020 at 09:05 PM.. Reason: insert photo
Old 27th February 2020
  #5458
Gear Addict
 
Elektronix's Avatar
 

The easiest way (without hosting the image on another site) is to click on "go advanced" then go down to additional options & click on "manage attachments", drag & drop your image or click to browse to it..that's it.
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-et.gif  
Old 27th February 2020
  #5459
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Is this an overdriven TB 303 or overdriven Sh101 with Distortion pedal???
29 secs in. Quite possibly one of the greatest acid lines ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWmLC47JLM

another one just cos it's friggin amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua17CCjLAxU
I don't think it's either but couldn't tell you what it is.
If I were to take a wild guess, I'd say Virus.
Old 27th February 2020
  #5460
Gear Head
 
BrubbGrubb's Avatar
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lineofcontrol View Post
Is this an overdriven TB 303 or overdriven Sh101 with Distortion pedal???
29 secs in. Quite possibly one of the greatest acid lines ever.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xWmLC47JLM

another one just cos it's friggin amazing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ua17CCjLAxU
3 minutes in on the 2nd one. That's the tone that seems to elude me.
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump