The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
TD-3 behringer 303 clone
Old 3rd February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeUK View Post
Really enjoying this little box. Lost myself for hours over the weekend just jamming along with it. The VC-340 arrived today and that is also a fun piece of kit. It's looking like the Behringer catalogue in my studio (Odyssey, Boog, Pro-One, TD-3 and now the VC) and still doesn't total a lot of money for so much enjoyment.
Which do you prefer, the Model D or Pro 1, if you could only keep one of them?
Old 3rd February 2020
Lives for gear

Got a blue one incoming.
Old 3rd February 2020
4AD
Gear Maniac

I feel wet like one of these girls from Castle Anthrax...
Old 3rd February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
I know youre not asking me but the correct answer is the Pro One
Old 3rd February 2020
Here for the gear

Is there any benefit in having two of them? Like does it allow thicker sounds or something? I'm still waiting for my first one...

Also someone mentioned acid green, so I had to mess around in Paint:
https://i.imgur.com/NXzWDSP.png
https://i.imgur.com/jzrAXUX.png
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makke View Post
Is there any benefit in having two of them? Like does it allow thicker sounds or something? I'm still waiting for my first one...
]
Yes, more acid is better than less acid and yes it's worth having more than one machine that does this, I've got 4 heading to 5 , others have more, others have less, it's individual but definitely it's worth having more, more of most things is always better and especially a 303 or clone of it or different clones of it

Don't try to unison them to create fat bass, please for the love of acid

Some ideas:

Opposing lines of squelch

Or

One for bass and one for rhythm

One ready for handover as your track progresses etc etc

Etc
Old 4th February 2020
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
Yes, more acid is better than less acid and yes it's worth having more than one machine that does this, I've got 4 heading to 5 , others have more, others have less, it's individual but definitely it's worth having more, more of most things is always better and especially a 303 or clone of it or different clones of it
Guess I could order a second one. Or should I try looking for some different clone, any recommendations?

Also if I end up ordering a second TD-3, should I go for the yellow edition? Will it have any collector value in the future? If not then I'll just order another blue one.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Old 4th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Guess I could order a second one. Or should I try looking for some different clone, any recommendations?

Also if I end up ordering a second TD-3, should I go for the yellow edition? Will it have any collector value in the future? If not then I'll just order another blue one.
One for the highs, one for the lows always sounds good to me.

Pretty sure the yellows will sell a bucket load before they stop making them so it’s questionable how limited they will be.

The blue looks ace
Old 4th February 2020
4AD
Gear Maniac

Quote:

?

These are things you'll have to decide for yourself, and are not difficult decisions. Time will tell. Experimenting builds up experience. It's not like planning for having offspring, or a first / second mortgage though...
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

This is much more yellow than the release video where it seemed a gold-ish..

I wonder if theses pics are real or renders?
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Black looks the same as the yellow one, knob settings lights and such..
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Addict

Tadow! That yellow one. Yeah, I'll have that.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEXUS-6 View Post

Black looks the same as the yellow one, knob settings lights and such..
I’ll take one of each! Those two would look nice right next to each other.
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Addict

I'd grab a black one, if they did the white graphics and black knobs/buttons, like the RE-303.

Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone eles see the difference in color?
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

That could be down to lighting. I think it will be more yellow than gold.
Old 4th February 2020
Quote:
Anyone eles see the difference in color?
I think the angle, lighting and knobs reflection and shadows make the table photo look darker. Also the different angled surfaces reflect the light with more variety rather than the direct top down cut out view probably blasted light photo. Still it is possible they are different colors. This thing is still in it's early stages so maybe different units have different paint jobs. The table unit does seem to have more texture and glossiness.

Last edited by StarfishMusic; 4th February 2020 at 11:29 AM..
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Guru

Yeah it's egg yoke yellow, least I hope it is, I've got one on order, so will have red and yellow, going to run them together for poly acid lines.
Old 4th February 2020
4AD
Gear Maniac

...the same discussion regarding plain / metallic colors happened in the MS-1(01) threads. People should know by now.

Have you guys ever been to a mineralogy etc. exhibition? Starfish nailed the first half of his explanation, basically.
Its mostly comes down to texture, angle, movement, polarization. AFAIK B is using Adobe InDesign(?), while realistic renderings are possible (all of B's designs are renders, no photographs besides the ones in their showroom), you won't get the reflective qualities of material, paint layers, and texture.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

What would Adobe Indesign have to do with 3D renders ?
It is a DTP, it will have no bearing at all on final renders.
They are using fairly flat generic imagery for their website, this can be done in any CGI package or indeed with the right photography on the real hardware, neither of which have anything at all to do with Adobe Indesign.

There is one in a persons hand, that would be the most likely coloring, golden on the left where the light is catching it, yellow on the right where it is its natural color.
Old 4th February 2020
4AD
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
What would Adobe Indesign have to do with 3D renders ?
It is a DTP, it will have no bearing at all on final renders.
They are using fairly flat generic imagery for their website, this can be done in any CGI package or indeed with the right photography on the real hardware, neither of which have anything at all to do with Adobe Indesign.

(...)

There is one in a persons hand, that would be the most likely coloring, golden on the left where the light is catching it, yellow on the right where it is its natural color.
Regarding InDesign - Thats why i put the question mark there! Also, if this post counts as enough evidence:
Behringer Neutron! Semi modular
Maybe Uli can shed some light if you ask him; in the end for me the point is moot as i don't care enough to further elaborate; this whole topic was extensively discussed previously and the MS-1 red & blue colors photos & videos were put under the same questioning.

EDIT: Uli stated, IIRC in some Amazona interview, that they don't do traditional product photo shoots, but create digital composite images from a vast library of individual components their designers created, which enables them do publish collaterals _before_ actual factory output arrives. Anyone want me to also dig this up again?

So Bungle, my thesis still stands: any difference in "color" is due to InDesign-produced product images which are more "muted" vs. live video presentation / user photos with real time illumination interacting with texture.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Old 4th February 2020
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
nice one!

(not to harsh you buzz but slide time will remain a wish on this one, but the rest - go!)
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maffez View Post
nice one!

(not to harsh you buzz but slide time will remain a wish on this one, but the rest - go!)
this is a cork sniffer edition, so that the cork sniffers can argue about the right slidetime ..
Old 4th February 2020
Quote:
this is a cork sniffer edition, so that the cork sniffers can argue about the right slidetime ..
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
Hard one to answer. Both are great synths. I know my way around the Model D very well having owned an original Model D in the past but I love the modulation settings on the Pro 1. The only thing that does annoy me on the Pro 1 is the midi cutoff at C1; I can get a lot lower on the Model D. Ergonomically the Pro 1 is a bit easier to use but there's not much in it.

If it was only one then it would probably be the Pro 1 although that opinion changes on a daily basis.
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
He has 3 demos up by far the best so far imho
Old 4th February 2020
Gear Addict

Pre-ordered a goldenrod yellow one from the place where the water is Sweet. It'll go well with blue, you see.
Old 4th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
This is the Devilfish edition then I see. I’m in for sure on that.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search