Damn, mine is getting noisy already, crackling pots :(
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

It’s 3:03 here.
Old 11th December 2019
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
I've seen a few people mention occasional slight clipping/distortion with regards to some of the audio examples & videos (with the distortion circuit switched off).

I've just noticed it myself on my TD-3, not all the time, only with certain combinations of cutoff/res/env/accent etc.

Anyway, it's caused by having the volume on the TD-3 cranked up to max, if you dial it back a tiny bit to about 4 o'clock it goes away, so it's not a big deal.
Thank you for mentioning this details. This was a very important question still in my head.
In the first video on youtube it was also mentioned but it seems at that moment the user is not able to influence this distortion - sounds like driving the filter a little.
Old 11th December 2019
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektronix View Post
I've seen a few people mention occasional slight clipping/distortion with regards to some of the audio examples & videos (with the distortion circuit switched off).

I've just noticed it myself on my TD-3, not all the time, only with certain combinations of cutoff/res/env/accent etc.

Anyway, it's caused by having the volume on the TD-3 cranked up to max, if you dial it back a tiny bit to about 4 o'clock it goes away, so it's not a big deal.
You wanna hear it on the teeny weeny mam retro, that thing at anything over 70% gives it the big bo77ox

For anyone who does not like it on td3 or other, just turn it down and amp up later in the chain, easy
Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by salamander View Post
Well that is certainly Weird - If you ordered yesterday and thomman said immediate availability they would normally send it the next day - something smells fishy to me...
Yeah that’s what I thought too..they said they’re experiencing some delays with dispatch due to the time of year.
But hopefully it gets sent tomorrow..
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

I ordered this for £99 from andertons, but have been having such a blast with m303 and my stylophone lately, I'm thinking of cancelling the order.. is that heresy, or does anyone want to pay me a £10 finder's fee for it??
Old 11th December 2019
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie munro View Post
For anyone who does not like it on td3 or other, just turn it down and amp up later in the chain, easy
Almost every synth I own benefits from care gain staging.. seems some folk just leave oscs at spinal tap levels!
Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecanek View Post
Damn, mine is getting noisy already, crackling pots :(
Ack, that’s not good. Might have been nice to have a slightly higher price point but use better quality pots.
Old 11th December 2019
Deleted 3858745
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscheue View Post
Ack, that’s not good. Might have been nice to have a slightly higher price point but use better quality pots.
I will always choose the better quality pot.

But I think this case is a dud and he should use the warranty to get a replacement. It seems many are already out there and I do not see this issue reported else where?

My A4 had faulty encoders and Nord Lead buttons were stuck after little use.
Old 11th December 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluefoot View Post
I have a question i hope someone can help me with.

I want to trigger start(play) pattern on the td3 using my daw.

The td3 is connected via usb but i can only play notes on the midi channel and i want to trigger the internal sequencer on td3 to play along (sync) with my daw.

Can someone explain how to set this up?

Thanks in advance

Greetz
Thx for all your input people but i feel like i have to explain clearer what i mean.The td3 works and is synced via usb midi i have set it to usb-midi sync in the Behringer synth tool menu.I can play the notes in my daw on the piano roll and make a pattern that way.

What i want is to be able to trigger the play button on the td3 via midi so the pattern i programmed into the hardware begins to play.

I hope i explained it a bit better now
Old 11th December 2019
Tbn
Gear Nut
Quote:
Thx for all your input people but i feel like i have to explain clearer what i mean.The td3 works and is synced via usb midi i have set it to usb-midi sync in the Behringer synth tool menu.I can play the notes in my daw on the piano roll and make a pattern that way.

What i want is to be able to trigger the play button on the td3 via midi so the pattern i programmed into the hardware begins to play.

In some DAWs you have to specify that you don't want to just send MIDI clock, but "MIDI transport controls" (play, stop, pause) too; this might be it?

It would help enormously for specific advise if you would specify which DAW you're using....
Old 12th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelurch View Post

But I think this case is a dud and he should use the warranty to get a replacement. It seems many are already out there and I do not see this issue reported else where?

My A4 had faulty encoders and Nord Lead buttons were stuck after little use.
That's true. I suppose if this was a really widespread problem we'd already be seeing more reports of this, even if there are a few that have gone bad quickly. Given that this is a gadget that invites a lot of knob-twiddling, though, it would have been nice if they had gone for something higher quality. I know Paul Schreiber (Synthesis Technology) always says pots are the biggest expense for his modules, and he uses sealed pots that are good for one million turns or something like that.
Old 12th December 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbn View Post
In some DAWs you have to specify that you don't want to just send MIDI clock, but "MIDI transport controls" (play, stop, pause) too; this might be it?

It would help enormously for specific advise if you would specify which DAW you're using....
Thanks for the advice i will look into it, i am using sonar X1
Old 12th December 2019
Thumbs up for old school daw
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgscheue View Post
That's true. I suppose if this was a really widespread problem we'd already be seeing more reports of this, even if there are a few that have gone bad quickly. Given that this is a gadget that invites a lot of knob-twiddling, though, it would have been nice if they had gone for something higher quality. I know Paul Schreiber (Synthesis Technology) always says pots are the biggest expense for his modules, and he uses sealed pots that are good for one million turns or something like that.

It's the same pots as they use on their other gear like rd-8 and they are fine, the pots are fine !!!
Old 12th December 2019
Here for the gear

Quote:

What my understanding is that if you want to SYNC with your DAW, you should only use USB-MIDI as clock source, at this situation, TD-3 will not response the SYNC command from DIN-MIDI.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 3858745 View Post
I bet you do, buddy.
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Maniac

Wish I didn't hold off and just bought the damn thing ASAP from Thomann on the day it released. Seen some demos on YouTube and the thing sounds wicked in a mix.

Shameless plug alert; I was mulling through some of my old mixes and I think I'm going to redo and old house track that I think was originally from 2009... The production is rough and the VST I pirated for the 303 sounds really lifeless; just no bounce to it, but I think the idea is solid.

I should really get back into making this kind of music. Used to have a channel before this that got nerfed (closed my Google account, Google said it wouldn't affect my YouTube account, next day my YouTube account and 50k+ subscribers had disappeared with no recovery options). I was considering getting a few hundred vinyls pressed with a little indie label since the channel had given me a nice little jump-start. Oh, what could have been.

Just need an RD-9 and TD-3
Old 12th December 2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
It's the same pots as they use on their other gear like rd-8 and they are fine, the pots are fine !!!
not exactly the same; rd8, boog, neutron use different types- find all of them good, including those of my td, but el-folie in the diy thread also mentioned his reso pot going crackly and him having to clean it - have only read of two cases though
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Loco View Post
Thank you for mentioning this details. This was a very important question still in my head.
In the first video on youtube it was also mentioned but it seems at that moment the user is not able to influence this distortion - sounds like driving the filter a little.
I'm all over Berringer for any number of reasons, but this wouldn't be one of them.

I don't own this thing (And won't) but it seems reasonable to ask new owners to watch their gain structure.

Whatever the gain is at normally, when you add filter res there's no telling how much you may instantly be adding to the circuit. None of us like those filters that compensate by divebombing the low-end or overall volume, so the trade-off is DON'T OVERLOAD YOUR OUTPUT STAGE AND IT WON'T DISTORT.

I dunno, I don't own it, just felt like explaining it to people who do.

You guys have any more questions, I'll see if I can fit you in.
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:

Did I not explain where to find "Change clock source" in the globals? (Even though I don't own one?)

If you've done that, then the problem is probably in your DAW.

That is an easy fix as well, what DAW you using?
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnCao View Post
What my understanding is that if you want to SYNC with your DAW, you should only use USB-MIDI as clock source, at this situation, TD-3 will not response the SYNC command from DIN-MIDI.
That can't be true.

It will accept simple messages like "Stop/start" via 5 pin Din as well as USB.

If it didn't, that would be scandalous, but I know there's no way it doesn't. try not to spread disinformation.

He needs to set his "Clock source" in the "Global" menu.

Then he needs to tell us what DAW he's using, so we can explain how to send MIDI clock to either USB or 5-pin din (Software aside, the MIDI messages will be identical)

That is the only thing standing between him and what he wants.
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Guru

thomann and the border are working fine , i know this as i received packages from them today ::

the rest of my replies, deleted like a good boy who understand not all have a S.O.H and especially at such tense times ooohhoooooowwoooowwwww politics
Attached Thumbnails
TD-3  behringer 303 clone-download.jpg  
Old 12th December 2019
Lives for gear

I always check the TD-3 thread for election results
Old 12th December 2019
Gear Nut

Monster ravers always get my vote
Old 13th December 2019
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbn View Post

Thanks all for helping and putting me on the right track, i learned something new thanks to u guys.

Its all working now!!! happy camper here

For all CakewalkSonar users:

Go to edit then preferences, choose project then midi tab.
Here u can tick a box under send midi sync that says transmit midi start/continue/stop/clock.
Tick this box and the one below that says use start, never continue.

Then one more thing to do is select your td3 midi in the Midi sync output ports tab and voila.

Happy music making all!!!!
Old 13th December 2019
tok
Gear Addict

Does the slide work correctly on this thing or is it buggy like some youtube guy was showing? (Not talking about slide being a bit shorter)
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by tok View Post
Does the slide work correctly on this thing or is it buggy like some youtube guy was showing? (Not talking about slide being a bit shorter)
Seems fine to me - but with the weekend coming up, I’ll try to find some time to A/B identical patterns between my TB-303 and my TD3 and will post on here and YouTube again.
Old 13th December 2019
Gear Maniac

waiting for the postman and my blue td3
Old 13th December 2019
Lives for gear

Defn looking fwd to this one

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search