The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
November 2019 New Gear Thread
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Ok, not an instrument but a Speak n Spell is next...circuit bending, this is a visual aid.

A good friend brought me an ever changeable studio accessory in my still feathering my nest one year after move last night, and I never had a “lite brite” set as a kid, only chemistry sets and a trail of craters as my family moved so that message is just a salute to my buddy mike and my studio now can have a number of interesting things on it in future.

(How could these not be choking hazards?)
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-b7077a31-a6ee-4cc0-a29b-a04faecd6f86.jpg  

Last edited by namnibor; 4 weeks ago at 06:51 PM.. Reason: Coffee
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Addict

After an extended tour of the Midwest, the B Crave finally arrived safely from Germany.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just arrived
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-image_5292_0.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Grrr.

Was expecting a package today from across the pond, got a TXT at 5:45pm saying they'd tried to Deliver but weren't able to, which is nonsense since I was here waiting and it's good weather out.

I called to inquire and complain. It was largely a waste of time. Was told they'll try again tomorrow. I told them they didn't even try today, so we'll see.

We both laughed at the futility of my irritation.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Grrr.

Was expecting a package today from across the pond, got a TXT at 5:45pm saying they'd tried to Deliver but weren't able to, which is nonsense since I was here waiting and it's good weather out.

I called to inquire and complain. It was largely a waste of time. Was told they'll try again tomorrow. I told them they didn't even try today, so we'll see.

We both laughed at the futility of my irritation.
Dealing with the post office and shipping services is almost always a f’ing nightmare. What you just described happens every few packages with usps. If it’s raining? Not a chance in hell my package is coming. Snow? Maybe next week.

UPS delivering the prophet x today was a mess. The truck broke down a few miles from my house, and another driver was going back and forth to the truck in her SUV making deliveries to the houses and businesses in the area until they could get another truck out. I’ve seriously never seen anything like it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by kslight View Post
Traded off a mim strat I didn’t ever bond with for...a couple guitars that weren’t really on my radar but may be closer to my thing...or maybe just good trade material later. A brushed aluminum LTD Page Hamilton sig and a PRS SE Custom 22.

This is how I end up with too many guitars.

The devil cat made you do it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
Dealing with the post office and shipping services is almost always a f’ing nightmare.
FedEx is the one I've become leery of. They've gotten better in recent years, but around 2004-ish, I had a mixer coming to me via FedEx. I waited and waited, and it never came. I checked the delivery status online, and it showed that it had been delivered and had been signed for. Long story short, it turns out that they delivered it to the wrong address. They went to retrieve it, and the person that signed for it wouldn't return the package. I filed an insurance claim and, get this, they said they wouldn't honor it because even though they delivered to the wrong address, somebody signed for it.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by DStep ATL View Post
Dealing with the post office and shipping services is almost always a f’ing nightmare. What you just described happens every few packages with usps. If it’s raining? Not a chance in hell my package is coming. Snow? Maybe next week.

UPS delivering the prophet x today was a mess. The truck broke down a few miles from my house, and another driver was going back and forth to the truck in her SUV making deliveries to the houses and businesses in the area until they could get another truck out. I’ve seriously never seen anything like it.
Damn.

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
FedEx is the one I've become leery of. They've gotten better in recent years, but around 2004-ish, I had a mixer coming to me via FedEx. I waited and waited, and it never came. I checked the delivery status online, and it showed that it had been delivered and had been signed for. Long story short, it turns out that they delivered it to the wrong address. They went to retrieve it, and the person that signed for it wouldn't return the package. I filed an insurance claim and, get this, they said they wouldn't honor it because even though they delivered to the wrong address, somebody signed for it.
Who has the pitchforks? Let's roll.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut
I'm not sure if I've gone mad or not but I've just ordered a second B Neutron + rack ears.

Since I got the first one it's been on pretty much constant bass duty but it's got such a flexible architecture and I'm really keen to see what I can do with all the patching possibilities two of these give you.

4 vco's, 4 envelopes, 4 multimode filters + 2 high pass filters (in the OD unit), 2 x od, 4 x attenuators, 2 x slew and porto, 2 x BBD delay, 2 x LFO, 4 x sum, 2 x mult, 2 x inverter, 2 x s&h, 2 x noise generators, poly chain or one big beefy mono. This is going to be epic.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by namnibor View Post
Ok, not an instrument but a Speak n Spell is next...circuit bending, this is a visual aid.

A good friend brought me an ever changeable studio accessory in my still feathering my nest one year after move last night, and I never had a “lite brite” set as a kid, only chemistry sets and a trail of craters as my family moved so that message is just a salute to my buddy mike and my studio now can have a number of interesting things on it in future.

(How could these not be choking hazards?)
I bought something a few months ago from a dude on Reverb who also does circuit bent Speak & Spells and other similar things.

PM if you're interested.

No affiliation beyond that.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
They went to retrieve it, and the person that signed for it wouldn't return the package.
Found his picture online:

I think he wants you to deliver him a nice warm cup of baseball bat.

How 'bout that?
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC
And that's it? You let that maggot keep your mixer?
That's where the long story made short comes in. FedEx wouldn't tell me who signed for it or what address it was delivered to. Even if I did, I'm a puny weakling that could be knocked over by a strong fart.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

How 'bout that?
Absolutely, I agree.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Somewhere there's a local band of Postal Workers and Delivery Drivers with an amazeballz studio.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bignatius View Post
Somewhere there's a local band of Postal Workers and Delivery Drivers with an amazeballz studio.
Yet they let my kazoo trombone pass by

oh and the new valve trombone in the background.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This came today, to go in the prophet x from yesterday
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-image_9438_0.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM0 View Post
I own a few Decksavers for my drum machines. I have a pull out tray in my desk, next to where I sit, that I place a drum machine on. Having the Decksaver on allows me to just put something else right on top of the drum machine, such as my Beatstep Pro, rather than having to unplug the drum machine and move it. Also, I liked having the Decksaver on my 909 when I was servicing it because I could just flip it over right on the desk. Not something I anticipate needing to do much, but it is nice having the Decksaver in those situations.
This is the most Gearslutz reason to buy something ever-you can put gear on top of your other gear! And yet, it totally resonates with me, because I often have that kind of gear problem.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I grabbed two of these:

Seems minor, but when I installed the latest rack, it blocked out the ceiling lamp, so a huge chunk of my modular was in the dark. Now I can see what I'm doing again!
I’ve seen your rack, and I’m pretty sure you have enough blinky lights to see it from space.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howling Terror View Post
Yet they let my kazoo trombone pass by

oh and the new valve trombone in the background.
Valvetrombone are notoriously hard to tune. How's yours?
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post

How 'bout that?
watch it, he may be armed.

take a bigger baseball bat with you.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accent View Post
This is the most Gearslutz reason to buy something ever-you can put gear on top of your other gear! And yet, it totally resonates with me, because I often have that kind of gear problem.
Reminds me of a demo I did years back on YouTube of the Schlagzwerg. The most popular comment was "nice table" because I had it situated on top of an Andromeda. Probably the most practical use of that thing. Man do I hate that synth.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Didn’t have any october buys after my Fantom in september, and that was also the point of it. However, since my Zoom G1on has been borrowed by a friend, I need this little effect box for my Bassstation 2.

It is the Digitech Elements pedal. Pretty cheap, I must say, but great value for money, imo.
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-b9322419-5234-41f2-8aeb-e713357c9c35.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncarnateX View Post
It is the Digitech Elements pedal.
Let us know how you get on with it. I had a GSP1101 that was a whole lot of fun, and I was curious if those pedals are on the same caliber.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
That's where the long story made short comes in. FedEx wouldn't tell me who signed for it or what address it was delivered to. Even if I did, I'm a puny weakling that could be knocked over by a strong fart.
So FedEx delivered it to the wrong address and then wouldn't tell you so you could go retrieve it? Can't you sue them for damages or something? I just couldn't let an incident like that go- someone would have to pay up in pain, money or both.
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
watch it, he may be armed.

take a bigger baseball bat with you.
Brooklyn Smasher would do the job nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-brksmah.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRSC View Post
So FedEx delivered it to the wrong address and then wouldn't tell you so you could go retrieve it? Can't you sue them for damages or something? I just couldn't let an incident like that go- someone would have to pay up in pain, money or both.
Well, when you can't afford an attorney because you sunk all of your money into a mixer...

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I preordered the Modal Argon8

and bought some New Kids on the Block action figures for my 43 old sister

Not sure why it came with 2 Jonathan dolls.
Attached Thumbnails
November 2019 New Gear Thread-nkotb.jpg  
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by astraeus000 View Post
and bought some New Kids on the Block action figures for my 43 old sister
I think collectible dolls like that are actually pretty cool. I've got the Joan Jett tribute Barbie myself. Even if it doesn't appreciate significantly in value (which I doubt it will because it wasn't a special edition), it's a really neat thing to have on display for visitors.
Old 4 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvrh View Post
Valvetrombone are notoriously hard to tune. How's yours?
Haven't a ducking clue.

I'll just tune my other instruments to it if it's a PITA. It's not for traditional music or playing as part of a section.

I heard that professional trombonists frown upon it, so I naturally bought it.
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search