The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sequential Pro 3
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease Factory View Post
I snagged one cheap off of reverb.
You got something for cheap on REVERB? That's gotta be a first.
Old 5 days ago
Kja
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
When I first played the Pro 3, I thought that the dynamic response was highly exaggerated. I just experimented a bit with the Velocity Curves, and now I'm more than happy - in fact, I think that the key response is great.

About the Velocity On/Off on the main envelopes, I'd suggest not to use it. Instead, set mods in the Matrix from the same envelopes to amp and filter, and set the amounts to taste.
I don't hear a 100% modulation from the preset "Velocity" buttons, btw - but this could be due to the Velocity Curve I'm using.
If it's anything like the prophet 6, you use the amp level knob to control how much of the vca is controlled by the envelope, the problem is people crank that knob thinking it's like a main volume, so you get that 100% or nothing type of action. That amount knob controls how much velocity, you make up gain with the program volume knob. That's how the prophet 6 is atleast.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synth Buddha View Post
You got something for cheap on REVERB? That's gotta be a first.
no doubt... I almost bought a ob-6 off there til the guy kept upping his price till basically the cost a brand new.... so i bought a brand new... lesson learned...
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kja View Post
If it's anything like the prophet 6, you use the amp level knob to control how much of the vca is controlled by the envelope, the problem is people crank that knob thinking it's like a main volume, so you get that 100% or nothing type of action. That amount knob controls how much velocity, you make up gain with the program volume knob. That's how the prophet 6 is atleast.
That's interesting, as the manual doesn't mention it; it says that the "Amount" knob in the Amp envelope just sets the amount of envelope mod to VCA. I'll experiment a bit with that...
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Reverb has had more and more ridiculous listing over the past couple of years. I keep seeing used stuff being listen for more than new.

Anyone looking to get a pro 3 keep an eye out for a few days as the price fluctuates quite a bit. Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago from dv247 for £1800 now its listed for £2222. That was before the £ semi-crashed. For some reason the Pro-3 SE price has been fluctuating more than any other synth I've been watching this year. Weird cause they are almost always back ordered.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotCue View Post
Reverb has had more and more ridiculous listing over the past couple of years. I keep seeing used stuff being listen for more than new.

Anyone looking to get a pro 3 keep an eye out for a few days as the price fluctuates quite a bit. Ordered mine a couple of weeks ago from dv247 for £1800 now its listed for £2222. That was before the £ semi-crashed. For some reason the Pro-3 SE price has been fluctuating more than any other synth I've been watching this year. Weird cause they are almost always back ordered.
where ya located or seeing this? if ya dont mind me asking?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Feature: Stereo delay now ping pongs automatically if modulation applied to pan destination
Can anyone explain this to me? Not sure I understand.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozzer View Post
Can anyone explain this to me? Not sure I understand.
If you set a Mod Slot: DC to Pan, both the Stereo Delay and BBD Delay will ping pong back and forth between left and right channels, with intensity depending on the amount set in the mod.

Alternatively, you can use a LFO > Pan for some potentially strange panning effects with the delays.

fyi: The latest OS did introduce a small bug with Stereo Delay in SYNC mode - it doesn't correctly updating timing when beat sync'd... but a bug report has been sent... Seq is aware of it... hopefully a fix in next os.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativespiral View Post
If you set a Mod Slot: DC to Pan, both the Stereo Delay and BBD Delay will ping pong back and forth between left and right channels, with intensity depending on the amount set in the mod.
Aaah. Thanks. I did actually try DC to Pan, but I only tried 0 and 127 as amounts. For some reason, the ping pong only works when set between 0 and 64 (or 0 and -64). Go beyond 64 and it comes back to center again. Weird.

Nice to have all the same
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

That's a bug, I'll add it to our list.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

When you edit a program and it doesn't go back to that original program name that really annoys me, I know you can press the cue program button to see it but it would be nice if it just went back to the name of the preset page either by its self or via some other button push, as it stands its quite annoying am I alone with this one..? can this be fixed in OS update..?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head
I was wondering, does the Pro 3 come with a USB cable in the box?

Thanks for all assistance!
Old 4 days ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by StudiodeKadent View Post
I was wondering, does the Pro 3 come with a USB cable in the box?

Thanks for all assistance!
No mine didn't, haven't seen many synths come with USB cables tbh.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmd View Post
That's a bug, I'll add it to our list.
Thanks Carson. May I ask, is it only when using DC as a source that ping-pong is activated? My assumption would be that DC to Pan would pan the dry signal left and right. I remember doing this a lot to pan layers on the Prophet 12. And if so, does using things like LFO to Pan still work 'normally' to pan the dry signal, and have no effect on the delays? I love the fact that we now have ping-pong, but it does seem like a curious implementation if I'm understanding it correctly.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

I double checked the DC to pan bug you described and was not able to replicate the issue with the delay pan returning to center. Do you have any additional steps to reproduce? Do you see this behavior if you start from a basic patch?

The delay will always ping pong if any modulation is applied to the pan mod destination.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbmd View Post
I double checked the DC to pan bug you described and was not able to replicate the issue with the delay pan returning to center. Do you have any additional steps to reproduce? Do you see this behavior if you start from a basic patch?
[EDIT] Apologies, my mistake. I was using the Plate reverb after the ping-pong which seemed to be masking the panning effect. It does indeed work as advertised.

I still find the implementation of this a bit odd. You can't seem to separate the panning of the dry signal with the ping-pong amount. So if you have DC to Pan at +127, you get ping-pong delay, but you also get your dry signal panned right.

Nonetheless, I'm glad it's there

Last edited by Rozzer; 3 days ago at 02:00 AM..
Old 3 days ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
No mine didn't, haven't seen many synths come with USB cables tbh.
Thank you for that. Mine should arrive next week sometime. I can easily get a USB cable before then.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
When you edit a program and it doesn't go back to that original program name that really annoys me, I know you can press the cue program button to see it but it would be nice if it just went back to the name of the preset page either by its self or via some other button push, as it stands its quite annoying am I alone with this one..? can this be fixed in OS update..?
I was so disconcerted by this behavior that I thought that my Pro 3 was defective. (This sensation, btw, was increased by the fact that it does have some real issues, that I'm trying to resolve with SCI support)

I have already requested to change this in a future OS update. Please do the same! If enough people does that, we could hope to see it in the (next?) future...
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativespiral View Post
fyi: The latest OS did introduce a small bug with Stereo Delay in SYNC mode - it doesn't correctly updating timing when beat sync'd... but a bug report has been sent... Seq is aware of it... hopefully a fix in next os.
Aha! I was going to email Sequential about that. Glad to know it's not just me
Old 2 days ago
After playing with the pro 3 for a few days. By far it is my favorite mono synth of all time. It can sound like a mini, pro one, and an sem. Plus out of this world modulations and the fx are great, the seq is cool too.

The sound though is a bit smeared. Like not like a sharp razor like the se02 and bro one can be. That is where i feel like it sounds more like a moog than a pro one. Like the NEW MOOG darker sound. Not as dark though. But not as bright as the behringer bro one, and boog. The ob6 sounds like a razor buzzy synth as well, So the ob6 filter on the pro 3 ends up sounding like slightly less bassy new moog osc are driving it. The drive on the filter of the pro 3 really can add a lot of saturation in a good way, it does dull the resonance though..

All that being said, I like this more than the new moog synths, more than the behringer stuff. I think they should lower the price of the standard to 1400, if they did that it would be the perfect price. I highly recommend this synth.

DF
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict
Don't judge me but ...

Has anyone tried recreating the OB-6 007/907 preset on the Pro 3? How close can it get?
Old 2 days ago
Here for the gear

Having a little fun with the P3 sequencer in multitrack. All Pro 3 (no processing)
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

After having used headphones almost exclusively for a while, I have switched to using the main L/R outs, and discovered that my Pro 3 emits rather loud noises when powered up and down. A mutiple click-rattle on power-up (trr-trr-trr-trr) and a single, loud click/pop on power down.

I don't know if this is to be considered normal. Could anyone check if your Pro 3 is doing the same?
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino View Post
After having used headphones almost exclusively for a while, I have switched to using the main L/R outs, and discovered that my Pro 3 emits rather loud noises when powered up and down. A mutiple click-rattle on power-up (trr-trr-trr-trr) and a single, loud click/pop on power down.

I don't know if this is to be considered normal. Could anyone check if your Pro 3 is doing the same?
Normal unfortunately and probably not something that can be updated in firmware. Careful turning on/off with headphones because the pop occurs there too.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Guru

yep mine makes a big clunk when powering up and down, first time I heard it I had the mixer chan it was patched into up and it made an almighty thump through my monitors, didn't do that again..
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyaguy View Post
Normal unfortunately and probably not something that can be updated in firmware. Careful turning on/off with headphones because the pop occurs there too.
Ok, now that's curious: My headphone output is *totally* silent when powering up or down. Go figure.
Old 14 hours ago
M32
Lives for gear

Still loving the Pro3. Got some basses out of it that are just monstrously fat. But it can equally do beautiful pads or acoustic sounding emulations.
I did a livestreaming event last friday, and i played an ethnic flute type sound from the pro 3 in the intro, the guy who was doing the filming was convinced i was triggering a sampler.

But! the midi sync is still completely useless in live situations. It still takes a bar or two to stabilize and catch up, and sometimes it is still completely out of sync even though it is following the tempo. It's also totally impossible to start an arpegiated sequence on the downbeat, since it sometimes takes a half second before it starts playing. The only way i can use it live is to disable external sync, set the tempo manually and trigger every note in time.

It's a bit annoying they can't seem to get this right. It's not like it's a new feature that's never been done.

To be fair, the ob6 is a bit shit at tempo syncing too, but that one doesn't get used for complex sequences and arps often, so it doesn't matter as much.

On both the Ob6, P6 and Pro3, the 'arp quantise' function has never worked. It's easier to get a rythm locked to the downbeat when it's disabled.

other synths i own and have owned, like the sub37 don't have any problem with this though.
Old 11 hours ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by M32 View Post
Still loving the Pro3. Got some basses out of it that are just monstrously fat. But it can equally do beautiful pads or acoustic sounding emulations.
I did a livestreaming event last friday, and i played an ethnic flute type sound from the pro 3 in the intro, the guy who was doing the filming was convinced i was triggering a sampler.

But! the midi sync is still completely useless in live situations. It still takes a bar or two to stabilize and catch up, and sometimes it is still completely out of sync even though it is following the tempo. It's also totally impossible to start an arpegiated sequence on the downbeat, since it sometimes takes a half second before it starts playing. The only way i can use it live is to disable external sync, set the tempo manually and trigger every note in time.

It's a bit annoying they can't seem to get this right. It's not like it's a new feature that's never been done.

To be fair, the ob6 is a bit shit at tempo syncing too, but that one doesn't get used for complex sequences and arps often, so it doesn't matter as much.

On both the Ob6, P6 and Pro3, the 'arp quantise' function has never worked. It's easier to get a rythm locked to the downbeat when it's disabled.

other synths i own and have owned, like the sub37 don't have any problem with this though.
have you tried using gated mode for sync instead of normal slave MIDI ?
Old 3 hours ago
Here for the gear

Is there an official way/place to make Pro 3 requests?
Old 2 hours ago
Here for the gear

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this with their Pro 3 but I had an issue with one of the keys on my SE. Opened the synth up to find that Sequential had forgotten to add a spring to one of the black keys. Not exactly thrilled after spending £2k on it and have contacted the company.
📝 Reply
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
🖨️ Show Printable Version
✉️ Email this Page
🔍 Search thread
♾️ Similar Threads
🎙️ View mentioned gear