The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Sequential Pro 3
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

The sticker overlay is about the only thing I’m worried about. It’s wavy is some small spots and I fear it may start peeling off over time. Maybe I should design a new bright and colorful overlay.
Old 25th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_P_P View Post
Very different from the p6 and ob6 ? Even though is has 2 filters "similar" to those ?
Somewhat different. I mean the components are the same or similar, but the design and feature set differentiates it and gives it different strengths.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Head
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeg2 View Post
Sounds good. Is that with the onboard FX?
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Head
yes,BBD Delay and super plate which i like it a lot
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeg2 View Post
yes,BBD Delay and super plate which i like it a lot
The BBD I like. The Super Plate not so much. I do wish the were more reverb types.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Anyone notice the Pro3 tends to distort/clip easily in paraphonic mode? Even with the OSC mixer settings down low?
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjontheroad View Post
Anyone notice the Pro3 tends to distort/clip easily in paraphonic mode? Even with the OSC mixer settings down low?
Yep and I love it!

It seems like noon is the magic spot for keeping them from clipping, assuming the oscillators are at equal volumes. But it also depends on the other gain stages.

That's one thing I like about a lot of Dave's designs; he allows things to go into the "wrong" territory and get dirty.
Old 26th February 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

I’m very interested in the pro 3, I think it would complement my current set up would be more “fun” than some of my mainstays.

My concern is Sequential support in the uk, I have tried to no avail to get my P08 repaired in the UK/Europe but nobody can help and the unit needs to be sent to the US, I find it amazing that in this day and age there is no European support for Dave’s hardware. I think even Modal who are very small Uk boutique manufacturer can maintain their synths in the US (I might be wrong). But with my problems with my P08 and previously my Moog from a service perspective I’m a little hesitant.

So is there Sequential support in Europe?
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Sorry if it has been covered but how are the pots? Usually DSI pots are flimsy like on the Subsequent 37 but I think I saw a video where the Pro 3 had metal pots but not bolted to the chassis
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAXAU View Post
Sorry if it has been covered but how are the pots? Usually DSI pots are flimsy like on the Subsequent 37 but I think I saw a video where the Pro 3 had metal pots but not bolted to the chassis
I meant to mention this.
They are unusually firm and take a little force to turn - in a good way. They feel substantial.
Old 26th February 2020
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pip View Post
I’m very interested in the pro 3, I think it would complement my current set up would be more “fun” than some of my mainstays.

My concern is Sequential support in the uk, I have tried to no avail to get my P08 repaired in the UK/Europe but nobody can help and the unit needs to be sent to the US, I find it amazing that in this day and age there is no European support for Dave’s hardware. I think even Modal who are very small Uk boutique manufacturer can maintain their synths in the US (I might be wrong). But with my problems with my P08 and previously my Moog from a service perspective I’m a little hesitant.

So is there Sequential support in Europe?
I wouldn’t worry about it - I had a problem early on with my Pro 2 and DSI / Sequential support was immediate & really good. Gave me instructions on how to swap out the board & fit the replacement. I’m in the UK & I was only out of action for about 2 weeks.
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Sequential Pro 3 First Look

Here's my first look at the new Sequential Pro 3. Just a few sounds I created. Next video will be a deeper dive into features and workflow.

Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Here's my first look at the new Sequential Pro 3. Just a few sounds I created. Next video will be a deeper dive into features and workflow.

How’s it stack up to that Pro2 next to it? Oh and thanks for the demo
Old 26th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Analog Rob Lowe View Post
How’s it stack up to that Pro2 next to it? Oh and thanks for the demo
It’s a P12 module sitting next to it. Very different animal with a similar workflow.
Old 26th February 2020
Quote:
It’s a P12 module sitting next to it. Very different animal with a similar workflow.
I noticed you have a lot of synths around but haven't done videos for all of them.
It would be interesting if you did sort of a "studio tour" video, briefly explaining what you like about each synth, particularly the ones you haven't reviewed. I assume that if you haven't sent it back you must like it!
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

CAn the Sequencer of the PRO3 control external (other synths for example) gear via MIDI ?
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thudinthenight View Post
I noticed you have a lot of synths around but haven't done videos for all of them.
It would be interesting if you did sort of a "studio tour" video, briefly explaining what you like about each synth, particularly the ones you haven't reviewed. I assume that if you haven't sent it back you must like it!
I’ve made videos for or about most all of them. Exceptions being the Roland Boutiques (SE-02 and SH-01A) and Behringers (Neutron and K2). I never entirely bonded with the SE-02 and will be selling that soon now that I have the Pro 3. The others already have lots of videos already done on YouTube. I didn’t think there would be much interest in making a new one. The other keys you might see are a Kurzweil SP4-7 that I use mostly as a controller and a MODX6. The MODX6 is so complex, it’ll take month to produce a full video rundown lol.

My studio is always changing. A tour today will be old news tomorrow. Still, that could be good idea. I’ll have to give it some thought. Thanks for the tip

Quote:
CAn the Sequencer of the PRO3 control external (other synths for example) gear via MIDI ?
Yes, can control other gear with the sequencer. There’s a section in the manual that goes over that.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I’ve made videos for or about most all of them. Exceptions being the Roland Boutiques (SE-02 and SH-01A) and Behringers (Neutron and K2). I never entirely bonded with the SE-02 and will be selling that soon now that I have the Pro 3. The others already have lots of videos already done on YouTube. I didn’t think there would be much interest in making a new one. The other keys you might see are a Kurzweil SP4-7 that I use mostly as a controller and a MODX6. The MODX6 is so complex, it’ll take month to produce a full video rundown lol.

My studio is always changing. A tour today will be old news tomorrow. Still, that could be good idea. I’ll have to give it some thought. Thanks for the tip

Yes, can control other gear with the sequencer. There’s a section in the manual that goes over that.
Thanks, i read "briefly" the Manual and only seen mention of using the CVs out...not Midi.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Thanks, i read "briefly" the Manual and only seen mention of using the CVs out...not Midi.
Midi note is a mod destination. And you can assign tracks to any mod destination. I’m no sure how it all relates to note on, note off, and velocities. I hope to find out within the week.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Nut

How is this synth? i was debating on selling my prologue 16 for one to change up the style of sound im used to. also aftertouch would be nice. i know its not a 49/61 key but it seems to have a rowdy sound.
Old 27th February 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

Another quick question for lucky current owners - does the arp and sequencer output midi note information so it can be further edited in your DAW? Thanks.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Modal support is pretty lightweight in the US, to be kind; it's mostly still handled from the UK.

Send stuff back to the US with a reliable courier and you'll be fine; I worked in import/export to/from the UK for two decades and, as it happens, most of the logistical issues turn out to be on the UK side of things (which probably is not likely to change, post-Brexit).
Old 27th February 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by daviddever View Post
Modal support is pretty lightweight in the US, to be kind; it's mostly still handled from the UK.

Send stuff back to the US with a reliable courier and you'll be fine; I worked in import/export to/from the UK for two decades and, as it happens, most of the logistical issues turn out to be on the UK side of things (which probably is not likely to change, post-Brexit).
Thanks - I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and send it to the US, I want to sell it anyway so having it in A1 condition will help. Having sold and shipped quite a lot, my fear ratio goes up when its involved, not with standing your comments I'm just suprised that there is no option on European mainland.
Old 27th February 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatWilson View Post
How is this synth? i was debating on selling my prologue 16 for one to change up the style of sound im used to. also aftertouch would be nice. i know its not a 49/61 key but it seems to have a rowdy sound.
PRO 3 would be 180˚ different than a Prologue. It can be very understated clean or down right nasty.

Quote:
Another quick question for lucky current owners - does the arp and sequencer output midi note information so it can be further edited in your DAW? Thanks.
Yes, note data. The sequencer doesn’t output motion data.
Old 27th February 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

Yes, note data. The sequencer doesn’t output motion data.[/QUOTE]

Great and thanks, I like to play the midi with my hardware and record into audio - it also enables me if I have cubase midi sync problems.
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
PRO 3 would be 180˚ different than a Prologue. It can be very understated clean or down right nasty.

Yes, note data. The sequencer doesn’t output motion data.
Can you compare the Low End ?
Old 27th February 2020
Looks like thomann got a delivery of pro3
leadtime changed from 2-5 days to on request and my order changed from on hold to open...
Old 27th February 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesterbanjo View Post
Looks like thomann got a delivery of pro3
leadtime changed from 2-5 days to on request and my order changed from on hold to open...
To me indicates that there is no expected delivery date. I checked several onlines shops in Europe, and seems to be out of stock (yet) on most of them.
Old 27th February 2020
Pip
Lives for gear

I’m seeing early April in the UK, powder dry at the moment, only one new board this year for me, either Pro 3 or Super 6, waiting for releases and hands on.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search