Yamaha Sept 22nd Announcement Incoming
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

That would be a major stinker
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfernald View Post

And a new reface Sampler based on the SU700.
I’ll take one of those thank you
Old 3 weeks ago
yamaha recently (last week) updated the THR guitar home amps...added blue tooth, wireless, and more amp models in each rather than specifics amps per model.

i'd expect Reface to get a refresh, maybe full size keys. proper midi connections but hitting £500 not £270
maybe a updated DX with 6 ops and better editing U.I.
Old 3 weeks ago
Here for the gear

I was about to drop a K on a System 8, but now I’m waiting to see what Yamaha brings. A full size CS with more features and patch storage would be a sure buy if around the same price as the S8 or less. An2x would prob be a buy instead too since the original is my favorite VA of all time.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBern View Post
Agreed...

Those chrome switches are not robust, albeit the metal used and wall thickness of the base toggles can differ, some are better than others. Other than that, cool stuff...
They are utterly robust if chosing a well known brand and not Chinese copy of well known brand. But well known brands are expensive that's the problem!
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Some kind of analog is for certain. Anything else, I would have to wait and hear.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

By analog, do you mean... an FS1R keyboard, or an EX5 do over??

Okay, I'm a stinker, I watched too much YouTube poop today.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Two more days to go , getting excited
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Another keyboard for Wedding bands? That seems to be what they do every year.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I must really like wedding music, because I love all these workstation synths.

Hey, if people are going to keep using goofy memes, might as well embrace it, like deplorable.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Standalone FMX synth would be good. new generation of DX synths
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickdafunk View Post
The cp88 line has the rocker switches
I hate them. I never know whats on and off. One reason why i sold the Model D.
Old 3 weeks ago
Gear Maniac
Wonder how hard it would be to replace those switches with something else.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coorec View Post
I hate them. I never know whats on and off. One reason why i sold the Model D.
Selling a Model D. Are you well!? ?
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yamaha cs80 reboot that only weighs 30 pounds.
Is my guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtFluids View Post
Pie in the sky hopes:
I hope they make an FM powerhouse. Not like the Montage or MODX which barely expand FM tech beyond DX-7 specs (not to mention I can't really take a synthesizer seriously when it comes with a General MIDI bank).
Imagine 16 operators. Imagine choosing from a list of operator types and mixing and matching them like U-He's Zebra. FM operators, wavetables, VL1 physical modelling modules, sample modules. All with interesting cross-mod/FM interactions with each other.
MSEGs.
Some sort of step sequencer modulating several parameters per voice, Wavestation-style sequencing.

People really want a CS-80, but between the VL1, TG-33, FS1r and AN1x they have a really rich digital history, something that combines all that tech sounds awesome. That VL1 tech was never revisited but it was amazing.

Not going to happen, they probably feel that the MODX and Montage already fill this niche, but I can dream.

EDIT: also, don't write off the TG-33. People have been doing some great sounds for it lately.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Probably an i-crap subscription for an FB-01 emulation.
Old 3 weeks ago
I hope they make a DX7 Mk III with 64 or 128 voice polyphony, FMX soundset, all the original 128 DX patches, and new ones.
I also want to see a cheap real analog to compete with the Minilogue. Likely 61 keys, 8 note polyphonic, and CS-80 filter with self oscillation.
What’s going to be likely: another PSR auto accompaniment keyboard for a specific country (maybe Indian, Indonesian, or Latin) complete with cheesy foreign boom-chick rhythms, maybe a stand-alone FMX synth, and a new VA synth.
I hope to see a new FM synth (maybe DX7-MkIII), a VA synth, and an arranger.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Bird View Post
As undaring as that sounds, that might be super cool. Though I think it would be an FM-X synth, a VA - possibly a CS-80 VA, a modeled organ, an MDX - Montage but stripped down a bit, and a few arrangers.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

ah man, all this talk made me bring out the old trusty RM1x again. What a delight! Solid steel, logical UX and flow, a real pleasure to create tracks and songs with, and plenty of creative features to bring ideas into the next level. Yes, the fact that you cannot switch into record mode without stopping, you can only hear one sound in grid record mode, and it's built-in sounds are not the best, doesn't take away that I'm 100% confident that if Yamaha would take this sequencer engine, and improve it (NOT re-invent the wheel again please) for 2020, it would really be a huge deal. Looking at all the quirks of the MC707 makes me even more confident in saying this. It''s just so logical and clean, flows nicely from left to right, you're always clear on where you are, and what options you have, and can quickly move back/up a level, or simply jump to home. We have logical dedicated buttons for mute, mute-sets, there is transpose, you have groove-grid for shuffle/swing, midi harmonisers and effects, a powerful jobs menu, deep-dive event editing, export and import. Ahh, man, love this thing!
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Bird View Post
I hope they make a DX7 Mk III with 64 or 128 voice polyphony, FMX soundset, all the original 128 DX patches, and new ones.

Make sure that the DX7 MKIII request on yamahasynth.ideascale.com gets an upvote if you haven't done so.

It's basically a multitimbral FM synth based on FM-X with hardware control for programming sounds.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I still say it's gonna be 4 new Reface machines.

I hope its a 61 key, knob/slider per function FM synth with 8 operators. I mean that is the best we could hope for.

An analog reissue (or even new analog synth) I am very doubtful will happen.
Old 3 weeks ago
Reface SY, Reface VL, Reface SK, Reface MX
Old 3 weeks ago
G4s
Here for the gear

RS7000

An updated version of the RS7000. A great sequencer. A new smaller form factor, updated storage and connectivity options. Built in synth and more powerful sampler.

There's a market for this type of machine again and a modern take on the RS7000 could be competitive in it. Would love to see Yamaha update this machine or the Rm1x.

G4s
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Yamaha instagram just posted a photo of the CS80 in light of the announcement tomorrow.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2rTlwUD...d=njgo8ksvcg2j

Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yamaha instagram just posted a photo of the CS80 in light of the announcement tomorrow.

If they redo it as a VA, they'll need to put 200 pounds of lead weights in for the full simulated effect.
Old 3 weeks ago
... and that's a VL-1 on top, if I'm not mistaken.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Gaia View Post
... and that's a VL-1 on top, if I'm not mistaken.
I think its a VP1.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Reface SY, Reface VL, Reface SK, Reface MX
Reface FS (Formant synthesis from FS1r)
Reface SY (Analog Synth based on the original synthesizer)
Reface VL Physical modelling
Reface MO (AWM2 engine).

Yamaha has alot to pick from for new Refaces.

But I do hope for a Standalone FM synth like a DX7 with FM-X and tons of controls. That is my dream synth from Yamaha. A slick analog synth based on CS-80 wouldn't hurt either.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post
If they redo it as a VA, they'll need to put 200 pounds of lead weights in for the full simulated effect.
Thats funny if they would do a CS80 in VA while Behringer will stick to an analog clone. I really wonder how they would sound. I also think the Behringers clone will be way cheaper.

I really don't care about the DX series as I already have a DX7IIfd. The only thing that this synth lacks IMHO is multitimbrality, but I still need to install the E! mod. IF they would re-issue this synth it should have 61 full size keys AND multitimbrality.

Those reface synths are comparable to the Roland Boutique series, they're like toys.
Old 3 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

Imagine if that was the new CS80
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search