The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
SSM 24/dB Low Pass Filter
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

SSM 24/dB Low Pass Filter

I have an MPC Live that I’d like to make sound as close as I can to an Emulator II. Does anyone know if a pedal form of this filter exists?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Nvm. This will probably do the trick.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/det...SABEgIrWvD_BwE
Old 1 week ago
Gonna take alot more than just the SSM filter to make it sound like an EII, just sayin..
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Gonna take alot more than just the SSM filter to make it sound like an EII, just sayin..
Haha yea I figured. I could do with a bitcrusher and some other things and really try to nail it, but I’m all hardware and I’m at the very least looking to run samples through an analog filter.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by RutaPuta View Post
Haha yea I figured. I could do with a bitcrusher and some other things and really try to nail it, but I’m all hardware and I’m at the very least looking to run samples through an analog filter.
The SSM is a pretty nice one at that. I have the Doepfer one in my modular, I love it.

Ahh youre all hardware? If you ever dive into the MPC Software that came with it, theres always TAL Sampler. Its like $50 or so and has models of a few different converters, one of which is the Emulator II. Its a pretty basic sampler, but its got way more under the hood than the MPC one does. It actually has a modulation matrix so you can use the LFOs and envelopes (it has multiple too) on anything. Akai needs to take a look at it if they ever update the sampler in the MPC, it would be great if they updated it with the same features heh.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
The SSM is a pretty nice one at that. I have the Doepfer one in my modular, I love it.

Ahh youre all hardware? If you ever dive into the MPC Software that came with it, theres always TAL Sampler. Its like $50 or so and has models of a few different converters, one of which is the Emulator II. Its a pretty basic sampler, but its got way more under the hood than the MPC one does. It actually has a modulation matrix so you can use the LFOs and envelopes (it has multiple too) on anything. Akai needs to take a look at it if they ever update the sampler in the MPC, it would be great if they updated it with the same features heh.
-_- thats what I’m really gassing over! But, modular... haha I’ve heard great things about TAL Sampler. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 1 week ago
+1 for the Doepfer. It's one of the least expensive but favorite filters. I feed it my hardwired synths as well. Simple jack-minijack cables do the trick. You might want to add an amp of sorts in the chain, to bring out the beast.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Yeah, the Doepfer one is fantastic. I sold mine and miss it every day.
Old 1 week ago
if you want to get an akai sort of closer to Emulator II sound, i would at least start with one that has similar transposition algorithm (divide by n). for example: Akai S950. and then think about filters.

ssm2044 and 2045 do sound different but still 2044 is a good way to go if you plan to get in the ballpark via external single end process. of course, its not the same like having a filter per voice, and filter adsr per voice etc, but can still prove interesting.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search