The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
All these new synths, which ones are for you ? ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

All these new synths, which ones are for you ? ?

It's been a hectic time of late for new synths, at one time on this board we were ALL moaning we couldn't even get a single new analog poly, that wasn't that long ago, around 2015 ish, now we are absolutely spoiled for choice..

As a single dad with 2 kids i'll just be a spectator for now.. but I'm actually interested in what peole are going to buy for their studios or live gigs, and why they chose them..? As synth lovers we are all just drooling at what's on offer of late, it's a great time for gearheads..<< better name than sluts imo..

I'd like to know which of all these new synths released will you be buying and your reasons why..?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I guess you’re talking the current crop of announced but not shipping Summit, Super 6, Hydrasynth, Argon8, Jupiter X/Xm, and to some extent Matriarch (though it’s shipping now), and the boatload of Behringer copies.

Honestly nearly none of these recent offerings have me frothing at the mouth. Am looking forward to hear more demos of course.

I am interested to see what Sequential has up it's sleeve. And the UB-Xa holds some interest.

I would love The River and a Nord Grand though!
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear
Right now the newest synth in my collection is a Prophet 08 SE, I'm far behind when it comes to synths. if I were to get one out of everything that's come out, it would have to be the Waldorf Quantum, It sounds amazing.. I'm not yet convinced with the Moog One just yet, perhaps the Moog Matriarch should also get a mention.
Old 1 week ago
The new Roland Fantom! I love ROMplers and reluctantly sold my Fantom G8 because I ran out of room. But the main reason is that the new Fantom's UI appears so significantly improved over past workstations' attempts that I should be able to get a lot more use out of it than I do from the much less user-friendly UIs of my Kronos and Montage.

[Planning on getting a Fantom-7 since I already have a weighted Kronos Platinum 88.]
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I really like the new Fantom a lot, but the Hydrasynth is more in my price range right now.

The Hydrasynth has really captured my attention. Here's hoping it eventually has a robust microtuning capability for some true otherworldliness.

I'm really planning to get a Matriarch at some point as well. That's just a no brainer.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

I don’t know. Something has to jump up and grab me, or I’m going to just finally get an OB6. The money should be there for a purchase end of October, maybe December at latest.

Edit: preordered a hydrasynth module, liked it more and more the more videos I watched.

Last edited by DStep ATL; 1 week ago at 08:02 PM..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
It's been a hectic time of late for new synths, at one time on this board we were ALL moaning we couldn't even get a single new analog poly, that wasn't that long ago, around 2015 ish, now we are absolutely spoiled for choice..
There are a variety of hybrids synths, virtual analog type digital synths... but not so many 100% analog poly synths.

As far as analog, then Xerxes is of most interest to me. The Elka Synthex is a gorgeous synth and BC seems to have put in a lot of work to emulate it.

Of the Hybrids, the Super 6 is of most interest to me.

Both of them support MPE!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

And the Summit, and the Super 6.... Wow, it's a veritable Cambrian explosion of brilliant synths lately
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Baloran, all of the Behringer synths (UBXa, DS-80, Pro One, Crave, Broddessy, the TB808 and 909, MS20), Summit, UDO 6, Waldorf Quantum, Modal 002 and a King Korg. I need analog synths for 80s Italo Disco production, but lets be honest who doesn't love the sound of analog synths?

The Behringer clones are a god sent. I really hope they'll clone the:

- Juno 60
- Korg PolySix
- Jupiter 8
- Prophet 5
- Elka Synthex
- Matrix 12
- PPG Wave
- Simmons SDS-V
- Linndrum LM2
- Oberheim DMX
- Solina String Ensemble.

I'm even sure they'll clone these soon or late. I fear my wish list will even grow bigger since they've been hiring more talented people for their synth division. This week I'll be receiving my Broddessy. I really can't wait. I've just checked their FB page they're shipping out the Pro One and the Crave. Thats great news too.

Currently the synth I'm drooling over is the UBXa. I hope we get some more news about this synth (hopefully it has multitimbrality).
@ Uli Behringer : Thank you so much for all these clones!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Im awaiting the planetary financial (fractional, neg interest rent) system crash then truck loads of synths will be for sale for food when all fiat currencies becomes toilet paper because i have a fish farm!
Old 1 week ago
Nothing just released...maybe the Pro 1 when it arrives...otherwise some eighties digital and Im finished.

Sold loads, in the middle of setting up my space again then its full on. Hoped both kids would be at school but keeping my wee boy at home just now as his school didnt work out so wont have as much time as I thought I would.
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Behringer ARP and MS-20 are on my radar, but right now I'm weighing selling my Micromonsta and Blofeld and getting a Peak. Hoping if Summits hit soon the market will be flooded with Peaks.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnalogRich View Post
I'm not yet convinced with the Moog One just yet, perhaps the Moog Matriarch should also get a mention.
The sound of the Moog One leaves me a bit cold. I was disappointed with the core sound when I had it and I still have not heard demos that have really caught my ear since I returned it.

The Matriarch on the other hand... I loved the sound right from the moment I turned it on and it sounds gorgeous with everything I do! It is versatile in its range of tones, even without using patch cords. Something about the mixer and VCA's maybe... lots of gain space and the sounds just bloom forth so clear and round and strong. It never feels constrained or tight.

Edit: I would love to see a 6-8 voice 100% analog, no presets synth from Moog based on the Matriarch circuitry.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I hope this december

MFB SYNTH 8

Because sound good, price, portable, polyphonic.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Hydrasynth is right up my ally....I for very first time ever preordered and prepaid for mid November shipping via Sweetwater today the module version. I have a plan
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Both!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

The river, ob6, p6 are on my shortlist, decards dream and xerxes would be there too but no keys!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oekoumene View Post
The river, ob6, p6 are on my shortlist, decards dream and xerxes would be there too but no keys!
No way the Deckards Dream will stand out against Behringers clone, Uli's clone will have a 5 octave poly at keybed and will be way cheaper. I hope Behringer clones the Elka with a 5 octave keybed and a 12x multitimbrality.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
As a single dad with 2 kids...
Hats off to you!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

It’s funny, I got all caught up in the Hydrasynth, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that I’m happy with the synths I already have and I don’t really need another polyphonic aftertouch keyboard. The truth is, while there’s a whole bunch of great sounding and cool synths coming out, but I just spent a decade amassing a bunch of cool synths, and I don’t see much of a reason to add anything new. Crazy eh? The only thing I’m still on board with is undoing a mistake I made when I got rid of my Tetras. I’ll probably replace them with a REV2 at some point around Christmas.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm buying several of the Behringer releases (RD-8, RD-9, Odyssey, MS-20, Pro One -- my MS-101 has been on back order for 4 months and should be here tomorrow) and I like the new Fantom. The Jupiter X is also intriguing but I'll wait until they come down below $1500, even if I have to buy it used.

I'll also pick up the JU-06A at some point.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
It’s funny, I got all caught up in the Hydrasynth, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that I’m happy with the synths I already have and I don’t really need another polyphonic aftertouch keyboard. The truth is, while there’s a whole bunch of great sounding and cool synths coming out, but I just spent a decade amassing a bunch of cool synths, and I don’t see much of a reason to add anything new. Crazy eh? The only thing I’m still on board with is undoing a mistake I made when I got rid of my Tetras. I’ll probably replace them with a REV2 at some point around Christmas.
Sounds like a normal thing to me, nothing wrong with it. It's like when you do you're groceries and you're hungry, you'll buy all kind of crap but once you get home you won't even touch it after you eaten something.

But I think everyone would agree if I say the GS members have this must-have-this-synth-syndrome.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm also considering the Modal Argon 8. I still have to do more research on it and listen to more demos of it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm not far off a spectator myself. Limited budget, so I have to think carefully about my choice.

I'm keen to hear how the Argon8 turns out. The sound of the Craft2.0 was really interesting. I think the Argon could be a real character synth if they get it right.

But my next purchase is going to be the Matriarch. Been saving since it was announced and I'm not switching now. Only one thing could stop me buyng it - the UB-Xa being available here first.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Hydrasynth has me every time I see it. Something about that workflow and UI just hits a sweet spot for me. As for the sound, I haven’t heard enough as I’d like to but I’ve heard enough to know I like it. It really is the next step up from my Sledge. I love love love the UDO, but it’s priced way above my pay grade for now. Still on the edge of my seat for the Sequential drop. And 2020 looks to be a fascinating year for all things Behringer. Very much looking forward to NAMM.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

The Pro 1 is the only one I'm defo buying, why? Because that's the mono synth I've wanted all along and don't like vintage gambles, so a clone will do.

If I had infinite room, time and funds I'd be into buying the Microfreak as it's so different and quirky - Seems a fun, original and sometimes very good sounding synth.

The Hydrasynth also appeals to me because it's a good sounding synth that is nothing like what I have and not too expensive for the desktop module, but again room, time and funds stops the Gas for these things, nothing wrong with window shopping when I'm bored.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

do grooveboxes count?

i'm seriously planning to buy MC-707.

i have enough synths, but one do-it-all machine for live usage is another kind of beast.
of course, i have Command Stations, but hey, they are 15+ years old, cumbersome (bigger than any their counterparts of the same era), and about 7 kg each.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

None of them... I've got enough.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Im happy watching all new gear and the Good Vibes here too , enjoying yer posts i was oon Kyras path but its tooooo much , if i had that money i would jump intooo Fantom , but i love Yamaha and Korg and they may arrive home with a spectacular traditional arrival of breathtaking groundbreaking innovative releases , so its either Argun or HS , there both lovely , like mini Korg Z1 and mini Yamaha AN1x , i never thought those Digital like wooould make a comeback , i am delighted , its the tone and dept and width of Kyra , i watched demos , there is a lot to really like as a starting foundation in creating new moments of sound , like capturating emotional echoes at the end of a time gone by , its great at bringing special mooments into the sound field , exciting stuff

Last edited by LIFEPASS4; 1 week ago at 06:31 AM.. Reason: mistake
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
It’s funny, I got all caught up in the Hydrasynth, but the more I think about it, the more I realize that I’m happy with the synths I already have
yup. this. I've got enough synths to stay lost for the rest of my life.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search