The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
All these new synths, which ones are for you ? ?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuggaMahone View Post
That's funny I was just thinking that Hydrasynth could quell my GAS for Kawaii arctic choir and string pads.
This might possibly help with that specific interest. I bought the library several months ago and found enough sounds I liked in it to make it worth having picked it up. (I'd never owned a K4 and found the vocal/choir sounds interesting - there are apparently vocal samples in that synth that are very similar to vocal waveforms in the Prophet VS.)

http://kontaktbanks.com/kb_epik4.html

I have some interest in the Behringer VC340 as well, though in my case I kind of wish there was a rack version with just the vocoder, as my primary interest in it would be using an external modulator AND carrier.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

The Yamaha MODX is on my radar. I think it will be a great addition to my gear especially if I pair it with my MC 707.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I'm really liking the sound of the Minilogue XD but I'm going to bide my time for a second-hand desktop unit.

Although I've always wanted an ARP Odyssey, I have repeatedly balked at the price of the Korg effort. It's waaay overpriced IMO, even used. Although I'm seriously tempted by the Behringer clone, it's physically too big for me to handle right now. I'm hoping that the price of the Korg version will soon tumble, then I'll pounce.

The Behringer Crave looks very tasty for the price. I can envision getting at least a couple of units, supplanting my GAS for the Pro-1 clone.

Hydrasynth looks interesting, but let's see what's around the corner.

Aren't we spoiled!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Best polys on the market are the p6 and ob6, pure goodness. 1 would do. I have approx 92 hrs of p6 samples done
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
“What was deluxe, becomes debris.” - Adrian Belew
excellent perspective there; I can't think of anything that has been safe from that change. Especially anything electronic after a few years.

While I am intrigued by the Hydrasynth, I'm also enjoying something I haven't had in a long time -- a reasonable bank balance. This happened partly because I decided to get better monitors/headphones/ etc -- recording stuff that isn't as sexy as a 'new toy' but just as necessary to the 'making a good-sounding recording' process.

I'm not all that patient, so I gave myself a short deadline [the month of August]. And I realized it would be a bit discouraging to save up just to be back to nearly zero, so I made my goal twice what I needed.

Did I make my double goal? No, but I didn't really think I would. I did make my actually-needed goal -- just barely, and only because I already had a few hundred to start. I'd be back to zero if I spent it. And it's always good to have a 'cushion' amount, for that unexpected bargain.

As some would say, money is for spending ... but only if it's there. And -- as a few people here have intimated -- there's also the premium of space. When I think of what synth to sell so a Hydra could come in, the prime candidates are the ones I've spent the least time with. And I'm just not ready to sell them yet; I don't want to have 'sales regret'.

At some point, poly AT is something I want to try. But the 'desire to acquire' is often erased simply by spending more time on the synths I already have.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

If you have no hardware sunths, now is the time to go crazy. If you have a collection, there's nothing that amazing.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

May upgrade my KURZ SP6 to a PC4 at some point.
Really want and need a VOX Continental.
May pick up a Roland Jupiter Xm because I can't afford the X.
Really want a Roland MC-707.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac
I'm seriously considering reducing mys set to Ambika, Prologue 16 and Hydrasynth. Summit is a strong candidate, but something in the sound demos doesn't please me. Kinda bright and clinical. Might be that in person it would be a great synth. On the other hand, Prologue seems severely crippled by design, but I like the sound a lot.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut
I’ll definitely get a Pro1 when it’s out (assuming it’s good of course), K2 too at some point. More for pure joy of playing with them then any particular hole to fill.

Only other thing on my longer radar is either an OB6 or the UBXa. Gonna wait for the Xa before deciding. I’m not in any rush on it.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Below is my list of the new instruments under consideration for purchase:

* MFB Synth 8
* Roland MC-707
* Waldorf Kyra

However, the AcidLab Bassline3 and DSI Prophet Desktop Rev2, which are already on the market, have also captured my interest.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Hail Hydra!

I'm at synth saturation and have no more room, but the Hydrasynth brings a lot of fresh, esp polyAT (finally!).
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gear_up View Post
They're all "close but no cigar" for me. There seems to be 1-2 dealbreakers with every one of these synths :(
Yeah, a day ago I thought I’d pick up a Roland MC101 but the more I read and listen the less I want it. That’s what I like about Gearslutz the most- I don’t make impulsive or dumb purchases anymore, GS has the information.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Ipad pro

Plenty of synth apps with good midi learn. I buy an awesome synth app for 5 dollars, take an hour or so to make a nice mapping to my cp 73 (tons of led-rotary encoders), and bang, handson synth fun!
Old 1 week ago
reading the answers, i am partially in "close but no cigar" club, but also in "i have all i need" club. of course gas and desires never sleep - i haven't bought a brand spanking new synth ever since 2001 (Andromeda) so that is certainly exciting. currently in my field of vision:

moog matriarch
+finally a modern moog tone i dig, organic, inspiring, modularity, fun factor
-expensive, too dark delay

udo super6
+warm musical tone, generous 12 poly with dual osc, design/ui/looks
-with jup 6 and 8 in active use, do i really need another modern synth in that vein

soulsby poly atmegatron
+3320 style filter - my favorite for massaging digital sources glorious 8-bit tone
+in some ways its a reincarnation of early wave2
-release is still uncertain, no wavescanning/tabling, unknown price

hydrasynth
+like it as a controller, poly at, ribbon etc, flexible engine
-cannot warm up to its sound character, no filter fm
Old 1 week ago
Why wouldn't you be able to do filter FM on the hydrasynth?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by clusterchord View Post
moog matriarch
+finally a modern moog tone i dig, organic, inspiring, modularity, fun factor
-expensive, too dark delay
Agree- very expensive and those $ go long way towards a 5U equivalent. If I didn't already have a Moslab model 15 system (and a bunch of other 5U which followed it) I'd probably cave.
Old 1 week ago
I'd like to see someone put together a 5u system with everything the Matriarch has for under 2 grand.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Let me re post because the other when I posted I felt great buying the Behringer Model D for 198.00 free shipping.

THen I felt guilty like "OMG, do I need another analog synth? I mean I already have the Analog Four for bass and it's good for basslines"

I had a realization, that is the last gear I ordered I will order for awhile lol. And then, the K2 was announced.. Ughhhh.

I really want all the Behringer collection, Odyssey, Pro One, Crave, Nuetron, K2 and DM 12 rack. I can sell my Virus TI2 and I would be able to buy half of the Behringer stuff..

Anyway, I feel guilty buying another synth..Synth Addiction is real(Synth Shopping)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
I'd like to see someone put together a 5u system with everything the Matriarch has for under 2 grand.
Same!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Great, now I want a Fantom too... $$$$
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason moyer View Post
Ha. Me, too.

Even with a bunch of DIY modules or used DotCom it would be difficult.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Plus when one has awesome credit, people throw money at you.

Now Sweetwater has these 48 months to pay . I mean I'm getting my MOdel D for 5 bucks a month for 48 months.. All Behringer synths are 48 months financing.. Rolands are 36.. This is where they get us..

Small payments are sooo doable that it's easy to charge on your card.. Fortunately my self control is stronger than being tempted..

No more synths for awhile. I truly do have my studio to make records..

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpresev View Post
Let me re post because the other when I posted I felt great buying the Behringer Model D for 198.00 free shipping.

THen I felt guilty like "OMG, do I need another analog synth? I mean I already have the Analog Four for bass and it's good for basslines"

I had a realization, that is the last gear I ordered I will order for awhile lol. And then, the K2 was announced.. Ughhhh.

I really want all the Behringer collection, Odyssey, Pro One, Crave, Nuetron, K2 and DM 12 rack. I can sell my Virus TI2 and I would be able to buy half of the Behringer stuff..

Anyway, I feel guilty buying another synth..Synth Addiction is real(Synth Shopping)
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Now Sweetwater has these 48 months to pay . I mean I'm getting my MOdel D for 5 bucks a month for 48 months.. All Behringer synths are 48 months financing..

No more synths for awhile. I truly do have my studio to make records..
You could get the whole Behri stable for under $100/mo.

Yeah, monthly financing on synths is a very slippery slope. I try not to buy anything on credit anymore. If I can't afford it, I double down on what I already have. Yet, my inner Marie Kondo...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post

Yeah, monthly financing on synths is a very slippery slope. I try not to buy anything on credit anymore. If I can't afford it, I double down on what I already have. Yet, my inner Marie Kondo...
where were you a year ago
Old 1 week ago
what I like is when you justify financing by saying "its like a pizza a month"....man Im on around 40 "pizzas" a month, as well as actual pizzas
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntonica View Post

but for 200 bucks at 48 months to pay at 5 a month.. It's so easy to fall into the trap cause I never seen a deal like that..
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Jesus, I'd forgotten about the MFB Synth 8. THAT is how good we have it these days.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
but for 200 bucks at 48 months to pay at 5 a month.. It's so easy to fall into the trap cause I never seen a deal like that..
Damn I haven't been working since May but hell I can even swing that on my pitiful $100 every two weeks unemployment hah. Damn, when does the MS-20 or Pro One actually hit the stores???
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monotremata View Post
Damn I haven't been working since May but hell I can even swing that on my pitiful $100 every two weeks unemployment hah. Damn, when does the MS-20 or Pro One actually hit the stores???
my source tells me that the K2 will come out first? I don't know fake news?

Behringer seems to just surprise us.

What I want is that Oddy
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPogo View Post
...I decided to get better monitors/headphones/ etc -- recording stuff that isn't as sexy as a 'new toy' but just as necessary to the 'making a good-sounding recording' process.
I’m at this crossroads right now. My “plan” was to add another synth to my setup. Totally unnecessary, but that was my desire. Then I noticed that things weren’t sounding quite right and I traced the issue to my FireFace 400. Looks like it needs to get sent in for repair. Unsexy. So, to have uninterrupted music studio time, I’ll need to replace it and in the future keep a backup. Really unsexy. In the end, I have to remind myself that I’m already awash in a pretty amazing collection of hardware and software instruments.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search