The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Modal Electronics Argon8 Wavetable Synthesizer for under $1000
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Modal Electronics Argon8 Wavetable Synthesizer for under $1000

What's all this about then

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/...LZ3UizZzeF6nks

(We could definitely use more innovative digital hardware boards).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Holy crap that looks awesome to me!

Cheaper than a modal 001 yet has the filters?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
What's all this about then

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2019/09/...LZ3UizZzeF6nks

(We could definitely use more innovative digital hardware boards).
It’s beautiful!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lost_the_peace View Post
Holy crap that looks awesome to me!

Cheaper than a modal 001 yet has the filters?
The filters might be digital?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

It's for sure all-digital. Still, interesting.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Modal ARGON8 poly synth

Attached Thumbnails
Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide_0000_modal_black_04.jpg   Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide_0001_modal_black_03.jpg   Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide-_0001_modal_wood_011-2.jpg   Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide_0002_modal_black_02.jpg   Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide_0003_modal_black_01.jpg  

Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-argon-slide_0005_modal_black_05.jpg  
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Pricing will be $699 – £579 – €649 and will be available later this year.
Wow!
Yes, The filter is digital as stated in sonicstate video
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

We already have a thread.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

A pity that Skulpts VA tech was not included. The Hydra synth looks more appealing.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
So we do, I looked but didn't spot it. Delete/merge please mods
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Musician View Post
A pity that Skulpts VA tech was not included. The Hydra synth looks more appealing.
I had the impression from the Sonic State vid it was a combination and evolution of their work on CRAFTv2/SKULPT?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Kind of like this.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

4 oscillators is fantastic to see, I wish more modern synths would increase their oscillator count per voice.

Hopefully it can achieve similar deep/warm sounds of the P12. 8 voice monotimbrality is nothing exceptional but for the quality and price it seems like a good deal.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

What a week!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

This could be nice with the step sequencer to modulate parameters, that's one thing that the Hydrasynth lacks. Otherwise, it must be hard to release this thing the same week as the Hydrasynth with all the nice videos of that one!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Guess I have to sell the MicroFreak.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by wagoo View Post
So we do, I looked but didn't spot it. Delete/merge please mods
< threads merged >
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Loved the sound of the Craft2.0. Hope this thing does it in multiples.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

It looks really nicely built with a a Fatar keyboard and lot of controls for that price! Somewhat like a digital Minilouge XD with double the voices.
Old 2 weeks ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxisaxis View Post
Guess I have to sell the MicroFreak.
I still want one.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

what is the FM capabilities?

Does it feature Carrier/modulator algorithms like the reface DX? If so can each oscillator essentially act as an operator to enable 4 op synthesis, that would make the Argon like a reface DX on roids.

Is there any synth that incorporates both subtractive and pure FM synthesis (Ala DX7) in one, ie modifying operators of chosen frequencies as carriers/modulators in an algorithim before applying a subtractive filter?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindin View Post
Is there any synth that incorporates both subtractive and pure FM synthesis (Ala DX7) in one, ie modifying operators of chosen frequencies as carriers/modulators in an algorithim before applying a subtractive filter?
FS1R
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The TG77/SY77 also has LP/HP filters to filter your FM sound. REALLY GOOD sounding ones, they are surprising, I kind of prefer them to the An1x filters. Am I mad???

Alesis Fusion also has a filter, I think. Mine is in the shop at the moment getting a fan installed.
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Quote:
what is the FM capabilities?

Does it feature Carrier/modulator algorithms like the reface DX? If so can each oscillator essentially act as an operator to enable 4 op synthesis, that would make the Argon like a reface DX on roids.

Nord Lead 3 / Nord Rack 3
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Montage and MoDX.

Back on topic, I really like the look of the Argon and hope we'll get to hear more as they complete the software.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut

What was that in the video about aftertouch? Seems like it's normal AT but they may make it polyAT, which I assume would mean a new keybed, which would drive the price up a fair bit?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serotoninja View Post
Nord Lead 3 / Nord Rack 3
Oh yeah, and the Nord Modular. You can do what the f*ck you like with that one, have a filter between each oscillator if you want, a gazillion different modulation options too.

I remember that the Fusion has a 6OP FM Mode with a filter, but, even the rompler mode is a 4OP FM synth, 4 oscillators or even samples can modulate each other, either pre or post filter.

I also have a lot of synths that can do 2OP (either with oscillators or samples, in different cases) and then filter it, Vsynth, An1x, etc etc.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubbel View Post
What was that in the video about aftertouch? Seems like it's normal AT but they may make it polyAT, which I assume would mean a new keybed, which would drive the price up a fair bit?
I'm not sure if it would drive the price up.. the current one is a Fatar keybed so probably on the expensive side anyway. Would they source it from the Hydrasynth makers, or even Behringer? Or modify the Fatar like Syntonovo did with those prototypes?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Looks like September has replaced January NAMM for synth/keyboard announcements.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search