The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Modal Electronics Argon8 Wavetable Synthesizer for under $1000
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by bftucker View Post
Argon8 isn't getting much attention. Has the Hydrasynth and Behringer soaked up all the new synth enthusiasm?

I too hope Modal releases a desktop/rack version.
let it fly under for now but i think we will see a lot of these in no time, i hope.

i am currently hyped for Modal and wish them heavy success with it
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

it's also that they are showing a work-in-progress synth. as far as i understand it's not ready yet (beyond a different anodising approach) so they can't show too much the workflow. give it a few weeks. i'm sure they'll show up at sonic state with a full video showing the entire synth engine and programming details. some features they talk about but don't really show them in detail. i'd jump on a desktop version as well but at least it's small with only 3 octaves. probably similar to the minilogue
Old 4 days ago
Gear Head

Quote:
I contacted them directly and they said -->

"I'm afraid Modal doesn't comment on future product developments, and right now, Argon8 is only available in a 37 key format. But we will obviously keep a close eye on interest from customers for other formats."

I take that to mean, "no plans for it, but anything is possible down the road."
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synphaera View Post
I contacted them directly and they said -->

"I'm afraid Modal doesn't comment on future product developments, and right now, Argon8 is only available in a 37 key format. But we will obviously keep a close eye on interest from customers for other formats."

I take that to mean, "no plans for it, but anything is possible down the road."
i think if they were to release something, it wouldnt be until next christams
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Argon8 isn't getting much attention. Has the Hydrasynth and Behringer soaked up all the new synth enthusiasm?

The other guys were bringing new products that were more or less ready to go, and will be available for purchase very soon. Modal brought a product that by their own admission was not complete. only a fraction of the features were actually available on these Proto types. I think that was a missed opportunity. I am keeping an eye on this instrument, and I hope that they can quickly complete the firmware and Find some ways to demonstrate the real capabilities of this thing.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

does the argon respon to poly aftertouch?
Old 2 days ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichbindin View Post
does the argon respon to poly aftertouch?
I think it's regular aftertouch.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

Things I’ve found out that are cool:

1. The 512-step sequencer also records four lanes of automation, and you can record only automation (no notes) to create rhythmic textures as you play.

2. The per-voice LFO can be clocked to run at a subdivision of the oscillator’s frequency, allowing you to create shimmering LFO effects where every voice’s LFO is running at a unique speed, but all controlled from one LFO.

3. The arpeggiator can work independently for each voice, allowing you to go into quasi-generative territory.

They should be grabbing everyone’s attention and make sure they know about compelling features like this, in addition to creating a collection of killer sounds.
Old 1 day ago
Gear Nut

isn't the sequencer polyphonic too? Certainly sounds like it from the end of the Andertons vid.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search