The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Modal Electronics Argon8 Wavetable Synthesizer for under $1000
Old 3 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwave View Post
I am!

Yes. You may use the joystick X-axis for pitchbend and the Y+ (forward) movement as Modwheel. It is also send as these values if you like to. But of cause, you may use the joystick for totally different modulations.
Thanks a lot for the reply.

With the Android/IOS ModalApp, is it possible to edit the patches in real-time on a smartphone or tablet, and save them to the Argon8? How the 2 devices are connected? USB?
Gear Head

Quote:
Originally Posted by loziodavid View Post
Thanks a lot for the reply.

With the Android/IOS ModalApp, is it possible to edit the patches in real-time on a smartphone or tablet, and save them to the Argon8? How the 2 devices are connected? USB?
Yes, via USB. You can change something in the app and then save the patch on the Argon. Or save in the app and it saves on the Argon.
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by pisraeljones View Post
Yes, via USB. You can change something in the app and then save the patch on the Argon. Or save in the app and it saves on the Argon.
Great! I'm so tired of the old MIDI/Sysex connections and the need of 3rd part softwares.
USB connection and real time editing are welcome!!

Yesterday I downloaded the ModalApp on my LG G4 smartphone just to see how is made, open app -> fixed black screen. Nothing happens.
Is it normal? Does it work only if a Modal hardware is connected to the phone?
Gear Maniac

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by loziodavid View Post
Great! I'm so tired of the old MIDI/Sysex connections and the need of 3rd part softwares.
USB connection and real time editing are welcome!!

Yesterday I downloaded the ModalApp on my LG G4 smartphone just to see how is made, open app -> fixed black screen. Nothing happens.
Is it normal? Does it work only if a Modal hardware is connected to the phone?
You need to connect a Modal synth (except for the 00x series) to see the editor of the connected synth model. But you should see a message telling so (attached screenshot). At least it is like this on the iOS and Mac versions I got here.
Attached Thumbnails
Modal Electronics Argon8  Wavetable Synthesizer for under 00-img_4687.jpg  
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwave View Post
You need to connect a Modal synth (except for the 00x series) to see the editor of the connected synth model. But you should see a message telling so (attached screenshot). At least it is like this on the iOS and Mac versions I got here.
Probably the ModalApp isn't compatible with Android 6.0 that I have on the LG G4. I see only a full black screen, like the app is freezed.
I installed it on the Samsung J3 of my father, which is running Android 9, and I see exactly the screen you posted requiring the connection of a Modal device.
Hope it works well on my upcoming smartphone.
Old 2 weeks ago

2 Reviews written
🎧 15 years
Old 2 weeks ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptil View Post
Enjoyed this.

Made my mind up to get one of these.
Gear Addict

🎧 5 years
Is it just me or does anyone else need to crank the extra gain to Max to get a decent level out of this synth? I hope v 2.4 simply adds the extra gain to the volume because the volume parameter itself is way too quiet.
Here for the gear

I usually increase the patch gain first.Adding distortion also helps.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Because of a question about Waldorf's...

If anyone like me keeps their synths in cases for transport or dust-covers for those without space for keeping all their instruments out ...

37-keys models fit very nicely in Novation's BSII gig-bag case ... about £35-40.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...KpF5dWSpklcokm

Desktop modules fit very nicely in flute case covers ... in suitable colours potentially, black and blue easy to find ... eg
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0796J74..._teibGb820AZ1M
📝 Reply