The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland JU06A
Old 9th January 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
How does the latency count on JU06A? I know the first wave of boutiques (JU-6, JX-03, JP-08) had terrible 16-18ms. But SH-01A has 3-5ms (then again it's a mono).
I haven't measured it but it sounds fine to my ears.

Though timing-wise, one thing I found is when sending notes to it (in my case from Engine sequencer), it doesn't play a note on the first bar/beat/step the first time around. I hit play on the Engine, and the first note is missed. Kind of annoying but not a deal-breaker for me.
Old 9th January 2020
Lives for gear

i dread anything MIDI USB. I suspect over traditional DIN it'll sync better. With USB MIDI, you're dependent on a software driver, and its possible interactions with other USB devices, or drivers, or your hard drive, or the unicorn that sleeps on your roof, it could be anything.

USB MIDI is for gamblers and drunks!
Old 10th January 2020
Gear Maniac

SH-01 has also 4 voices.
@ xanax
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

^ i know but the low latency results were done in mono mode AFAIK.

FWIW the latency issues of the early boutiques had nothing to with USB MIDI:

Old 10th January 2020
Gear Maniac

the latency of the first one was exactly the reason why i sold it.Too have it even with midi DIN (and never fixed) is absolutely ridiculous from a big player like Roland.And i mean hello...they are the inventors of Midi (with SCi i know) "facepalm".

I can't remember if i ever tried external midi with my sh-01, i always use the internal sequencer and midi clock.No problems with this config,doesn't matter if mono or poly
Old 10th January 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xanax View Post
^ i know but the low latency results were done in mono mode AFAIK.

FWIW the latency issues of the early boutiques had nothing to with USB MIDI:

My impression is that if you didn't set a Boutique to DIN only in system settings, you'd still run into issues... It's been awhile though.
Old 13th January 2020
Gear Nut

I'm not shopping for a Handbag Roland! why call it Boutique ?
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac

Stupid question from a stupid person here, - i'm currently quite happy using Yosemite 10.10.2 and logic, and refuse to upgrade until I buy another macbook, - but will be buying a JU-06A so i can retire my ailing 106.

- Question; I notice the drivers for the JU-06A are 10.12 and above, - does this mean i'd be limited to using the JU-06A as a pure analog/midi device, - i.e. no USB compatability, - or is there a workaround this old-timer isn't aware of?

thanks in advance, for any input.

Last edited by Corrosive.Abuser; 6 days ago at 06:24 PM..
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanEdberg View Post
I'm not shopping for a Handbag Roland! why call it Boutique ?

So you are tricked into the thinking you buying something very exclusively made, but instead getting a chinese made toy... Marketing tricks ;-)
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klankdroid View Post
So you are tricked into the thinking you buying something very exclusively made, but instead getting a chinese made toy... Marketing tricks ;-)
This is a useless line of conversation; what isn't sold with "marketing tricks" these days?

Remember to rinse and repeat when you are shampooing; doubled the profit for the hair care industry when that little marketing trick was come up with in the '50's!
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtrance View Post
This is a useless line of conversation; what isn't sold with "marketing tricks" these days?

Remember to rinse and repeat when you are shampooing; doubled the profit for the hair care industry when that little marketing trick was come up with in the '50's!

Your post is even more useless, I was not answering your question did I ? So stfu...
Old 5 days ago
Lives for gear

One more miserable little turnip to add to the Ughnore list!

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search