The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Roland Fantom 6- 7 -8
Old 1 week ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
I'd love to see pics and details in this thread: Gear stands and tables
Just posted some random pics from the web there to illustrate the idea(s).
Old 4 days ago
Here for the gear
I've spent quite a bit of time in this thread and this has probably been answered before but I've missed it. If I connect the Fantom to Logic Pro just how much integration do I get? Can I sequence on the Fantom and then transfer them to LP to add to / finish? Can this be sent back to the Fantom? Is it just LP it has the integration with?
Old 4 days ago | Show parent
Gear Head

🎧 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinh32 View Post
I've spent quite a bit of time in this thread and this has probably been answered before but I've missed it. If I connect the Fantom to Logic Pro just how much integration do I get? Can I sequence on the Fantom and then transfer them to LP to add to / finish? Can this be sent back to the Fantom? Is it just LP it has the integration with?
You get basic midi control over mixer and transport. Not worth basing a purchase decision upon, especially since that integration will fall apart over time as software updates for Logic Pro follow from Apple.

Buy the Fantom for what it does on its own. Basic midi integration can be achieved with nearly any midi device or synth/workstation.
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunkystrummer View Post
You get basic midi control over mixer and transport. Not worth basing a purchase decision upon, especially since that integration will fall apart over time as software updates for Logic Pro follow from Apple.

Buy the Fantom for what it does on its own. Basic midi integration can be achieved with nearly any midi device or synth/workstation.
I agree. I wish Roland used the dedicated DAW slider for somethign with longer lasting expectations. like the actual Audio Input.
Here for the gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefunkystrummer View Post

Thanks - that was going through my head!
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

🎧 5 years
Is there any interest in Roland porting their quantize "groove" templates to the Fantom? Or am I just the only one... The ones on the MV-8800 are very good and it would be so nice to have those in the Fantom's sequencer.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Is Roland doing NAMM? Surely the will use it to announce the new Fantom/MC updates?
Old 2 days ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benis67 View Post
Yeah, but that can’t be it...can it? Did they shoot their NAMMwad in one blandly done press release?!
Old 1 day ago | Show parent
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiffybox View Post
Yeah, but that can’t be it...can it? Did they shoot their NAMMwad in one blandly done press release?!
That does appear to be it for hardware. There’s still a small possibility that they’ll announce new firmware for existing synths but nothing is guaranteed and they won’t want to take attention away from the new products.
Old 2 hours ago
Lives for gear

If anyone wants an excellent deal on new F7 keep your eyes peeled on Reverb. 2000 £ .......plus shipping.

deleting my Gearsl**z account due to censorship issues so any Qs pm on Reverb.
Old 1 hour ago
Here for the gear
The Fantom can obviously receive audio on different channels to record in to Logic Pro - can it do this for midi too for songs you've sequenced? I've not found a way as yet
📝 Reply