The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
Hydrasynth
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs801 View Post
Ok, so I've not been paying too much attention to this synth because the first demos I heard all sounded very harsh / metallic, but it appears that the sonic potential goes far, far beyond that. So, I'm trying to understand the layout of this thing as a blind musician to see if it is a synth I could learn to program. If I'm understanding correctly, each section has a button (each osc, each lfo, filter, etc) and then the 8 knobs control parameters associated with that button? If so is there any actual deep menu diving or is it all edited in this way? If it's simply selecting a button and then adjusting the corresponding parameters (which all appear to be listed in the manual with their knob numbers -- yay!) it seems it could be workable. Not sure about the mod matrix though...
Almost right.

Each module can be selected using its own button.
The 8 parameters of this module are then displayed.
The modules are:
OSC 1 to 3, mutant 1 to 4, ring modulator or noise,
mixer, filter 1 or 2, amplifier,
envelope 1 to 5, LFO 1 to 5,
pre effect, delay, reverb, post effect.

But some modules also have several pages with 8 new parameters each.

Each parameter is indicated by a small text display below or above the knob.
Do you have an app that can read it for you?

In addition, there is a button above or below each knob, which often has no function but sometimes switches something on or off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcs801 View Post
Also, how realistic are the various filter models? There are Moog, MS20, etc variations...can you actually program convincing emulations of the various synth models or are they more like reference points for the basic sonic profile? I don't hear so many demos focusing on analog sounds. I mean, there's a ton more to the HS than that, so it's understandable, but I'd like to hear more examples of these kinds of sounds too.
I don't think that's very important.

If you want a filter to sound exactly like a particular synthesizer, use that synthesizer.

With digital synthesizers it is always a simulation/model.
It is often pretended to be a real filter, it never is, but it often comes very close.
You should just listen to see if you like the filter models.

best regards
Old 13th August 2020
Lives for gear
Because here the impression was created that the Hydrasynth cannot produce bass sounds.

Here's some noodling with some bass patches.
You should take into account that I am not a bass player.

best regards
Attached Files

Hydrasynth Bass Test.mp3 (7.08 MB, 2045 views)

Old 13th August 2020
For those who aren't on FB or not members of the Hydrasynth group, here's a quick update from MajorOSC.
Ignition 2 is out. And it was designed on the new firmware! ASM thought it served both of our interests to bring me onboard to help test the past few months, so that really changed the game. Ignition 2 turned out better than I could have hoped. Win win for both. Now there's a patch bank where most of the presets are using at least one of the features of the new firmware. So if you're looking to find alot of new ways to exploit those new features, Ignition 2 has ya covered.

Free Patches / demo of Ignition 2 here. (guitar themed)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Oek...ew?usp=sharing

- Part of the Igntion 2 Patch Bank. (see below)

Fun demo here. (2 Alice Chains Covers).
Old 13th August 2020
Deleted 231be8b
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
I think the point was, that when using mutants like wavestack and fm at 100% wet, the audio signal has more latency than with those mutants off, thus having an inconsisted latency amount.
Yeah, it was me who made that post. The example was if lfo changing the complexity of the patch would mess with the timing of 16th notes in a baseline, which it does to some degree, although some may be midi jitter which I didn't test for. What is weird that you can clearly see is that its changing the attack of the sound as that's something I wasn't modulating.

Last edited by Deleted 231be8b; 14th August 2020 at 05:15 AM..
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Sorry to post this twice but in case someone have missed this there's plenty of bass on the hydra, and harsh yes it can do that, but also soft and smooth. If anything my subjective view is that it sounds clear and precise and ballsy at the same time.

https://youtu.be/-LPrjJRU5Tc
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

WaveScan index modulation via LFO issues

I've got 8 waveforms loaded into the wavelist with an LFO modulating the index. It's working as it should EXCEPT when the LFO cycle starts it seems like the index pauses at the initial value THEN it starts the cycle. Next time through it repeats in the same fashion. I'm trying to get the LFO to cycle through fluidly moving through the cycle with no pauses. I've got TrigSync set to off so it's my understanding the LFO should be cycling through steadily without any pauses. Anyone had this issue ?

Thanks in advance.
Old 14th August 2020
Deleted 231be8b
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappacat View Post
I've got 8 waveforms loaded into the wavelist with an LFO modulating the index. It's working as it should EXCEPT when the LFO cycle starts it seems like the index pauses at the initial value THEN it starts the cycle. Next time through it repeats in the same fashion. I'm trying to get the LFO to cycle through fluidly moving through the cycle with no pauses. I've got TrigSync set to off so it's my understanding the LFO should be cycling through steadily without any pauses. Anyone had this issue ?

Thanks in advance.
tried triangle waveform rather than sine?
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:

Thanks in advance.
Try using LFO 1+ instead of LFO 1. The problem might be that you’re using the LFO as a bipolar mod source
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 231be8b View Post
tried triangle waveform rather than sine?
Yes I have. It does the same thing. Check it out.

This guy mentions this issue in this video and says it's due to the LFO being bipolar but he doesn't really say MUCH about how to deal with it. It sounds like he's got the cycle going smoothly without dormant periods of WaveScan index value at the start of the LFO cycle. Maybe I'm missing something basic.

Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yes I have. It does the same thing. Check it out.

This guy mentions this issue in this video and says it's due to the LFO being bipolar but he doesn't really say MUCH about how to deal with it. It sounds like he's got the cycle going smoothly without dormant periods of WaveScan index value at the start of the LFO cycle. Maybe I'm missing something basic.

Like I said above, use the "+" variety of the LFO as a mod source, that makes the LFO unipolar.
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Nut

Erased
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

How do you edit the LFO + parameters? I don't see this in the manual version 1.5. Thanks for the help.

Nevermind I figured out that the controls for the regular LFOs take over for LFO+ versions. Thanks so much for the help this is awesome !!!!

Where is the LFO+ section in the manual ?
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Incredible, business as usual. I'm starting to think this individual isn't related to camarao but actually is camarao. ....
<deleted by moderator - insult, warning issued>

Good luck with your Hydra sound designing.

Old 18 hours ago
pppch
This message has been deleted by pppch. Reason: he just has chronic pain, that excuses everything

This is how he communicates in threads... by deleting his troll message and leaving a troll reason for deleting it, thus KEEPING HIS TROLL POST INTACT IN THE THREAD. <facepalm>

Mods, please tell the a-hole who wrote the above post and message to fvk off for ALL of us here? Thanks.

Last edited by Reptil; 15th August 2020 at 09:07 AM.. Reason: -
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by string6theory View Post
He's just a chronic, clueless troll and missing some important brain cells, so that excuses everything.

Good luck with your Hydra sound designing.

Old 18 hours ago
pppch
This message has been deleted by pppch. Reason: he just has chronic pain, that excuses everything

This is how he communicates in threads... by deleting his troll message and leaving a troll reason for deleting it, thus KEEPING HIS TROLL POST INTACT IN THE THREAD. <facepalm>

Mods, please tell the a-hole who wrote the above post and message to fvk off for ALL of us here? Thanks.
the mods are complicit in this disaster of a poster, they've allowed its nonsense to go on (mostly) unchecked for years. very interesting
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear
What mods
Old 14th August 2020
Deleted 231be8b
anyway...

The arpeggiator on this thing is amazing. First time I've ventured into it. randomising gate length, arp length, rachets, divisions etc with random LFOs blew my mind. CV/Gate out to my eurorack with the pad scale ... not sure if I'll use the synth engine again.
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamsk View Post
the mods are complicit in this disaster of a poster, they've allowed its nonsense to go on (mostly) unchecked for years. very interesting
Couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
anyway...

The arpeggiator on this thing is amazing. First time I've ventured into it. randomising gate length, arp length, rachets, divisions etc with random LFOs blew my mind. CV/Gate out to my eurorack with the pad scale ... not sure if I'll use the synth engine again.
It is insane isn't it. I thought it was pretty cool at first until I realized that hitting SHIFT and ARP key brought up more parameters in the options display matrix. That really took the flexibility of the ARP to another level. The 1.5 firmware upgrade of the latch function was a big help too.
Old 14th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarcB View Post
anyway...

I don't know if many read that, b*llying seems to be more important at the moment .. but the ARP is quite good, reaches the level of better SW Arp,s. euclidean functions would still be great, otherwise I only have them in daw.
i'm thinking of tapping the digital signal (I2S) next week to try out different converters.
but just keep posting about synth topics, then stop somewhere .. or be moderated
Old 14th August 2020
Gear Nut

I was the one asking about it’s ability to do futuristic basses, and I went back to my local store and found some more presets that sounded really good with some tweaking and made my own there too. After a few minutes I picked up the desktop version. The warm mode really changes the sound a lot and is a nice option to have. Can’t wait to make some more patches. Is there a centralized resource anywhere for sharing free patches?
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolomick View Post
I was the one asking about it’s ability to do futuristic basses, and I went back to my local store and found some more presets that sounded really good with some tweaking and made my own there too. After a few minutes I picked up the desktop version. The warm mode really changes the sound a lot and is a nice option to have. Can’t wait to make some more patches. Is there a centralized resource anywhere for sharing free patches?
congrats.

there’s a facebook group with some of the asm principals as members. there’s been some patch sharing going on there.

it’s also quite useful for sharing bugs, tips, questions and firmware
suggestions.
Old 15th August 2020
Deleted 231be8b
Quote:
Originally Posted by pppch View Post
I don't know if many read that, b*llying seems to be more important at the moment .. but the ARP is quite good, reaches the level of better SW Arp,s. euclidean functions would still be great, otherwise I only have them in daw.
i'm thinking of tapping the digital signal (I2S) next week to try out different converters.
but just keep posting about synth topics, then stop somewhere .. or be moderated
If you can tap into it to get spdif output then that's something I'm interested in doing
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
<deleted>
That's rich coming from you.

Quote:
Good for you.

For anyone else reading this nonsense, don't bother.

On second thought, maybe I'll "tap" in my high rate 5.6MHz DSD DA interface cause it makes so much sense.

Quote:
Says the guy who just textually trolled & harassed a disabled guy in his "deleted" post above.

This thread was rocking along so well without any trolls 'till you showed up. Now that you bought a HS module, we get to hear MORE negative tripe - as in, now the HS' converters aren't good. As though your ears and sonic discernment abilities are so capable, as in, for a direct forum example, when you said a Moog Voyager has thin bass. Those were such insightful words coming from a veritable audio wizard. Or, when you said <paraphrasing> that the current converter/interface market sucks and has been asleep for decades.

Yikes

Last edited by Reptil; 15th August 2020 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: -
Old 15th August 2020
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

you just don't understand a lot of things, I like to pick up the digital signal, to convert it into spdif first
to get a real digital output. you can stun as you like, that's the ultimate when it comes to a daw, signal loss 0%.
digital signal transmission does not seem to be your strength, or explain why it should be an advantage to convert the signal to analogue first and then to digitize it again.
will leave out the problems of non-divisible sampling frequencies, otherwise it will be too complicated.
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
you just don't understand a lot of things, I like to pick up the digital signal, to convert it into spdif first
to get a real digital output. you can stun as you like, that's the ultimate when it comes to a daw, signal loss 0%.
digital signal transmission does not seem to be your strength, or explain why it should be an advantage to convert the signal to analogue first and then to digitize it again.
will leave out the problems of non-divisible sampling frequencies, otherwise it will be too complicated.
You don't understand ANYTHING. I find it insulting that someone in a music shop would sell you one of these fine instruments. Assuming that's true and you have diarrhea you should go to the toilet and think about what your parents told you when you were young. Goes to show you it's all about upbringing.

I don't believe you have one. Send us a picture of you with it.

Incidentally ladies and gentlemen, this is camarao / camara0 check the text similarities. He doesn't have ANYTHING but loneliness.

Thanks MODS you ****ing assholes.
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 231be8b View Post
If you can tap into it to get spdif output then that's something I'm interested in doing
I have to look at it in peace first, study all the datasheets from the chips. but basically i don't see any problem.
it makes me wonder what dac are used anyway.
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Quote:
I have to look at it in peace first, study all the datasheets from the chips. but basically i don't see any problem.
it makes me wonder what dac are used anyway.
It doesn't matter. <deleted by moderator - insult, not needed> Go ahead and flood the forum with your idiocy of taking signal to SPDIF. <deleted by moderator - insult, not needed> and NOT a hydrasynth.

MODS **** YOU assholes !!! thanks for ruining our conversatorial environment.

Last edited by Reptil; 15th August 2020 at 08:19 AM.. Reason: -
Old 15th August 2020
Gear Maniac

Who is the moderator in this channel ????? Where have you been ??? Can someone please post the name/id tag of the name of the moderator in this forum? Thanks
Old 15th August 2020
Lives for gear

to the topic: did I read that correctly, the led,s can only be dimmed to 50%, no intermediate levels ?
📝 Reply