The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Native instruments woes
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Native instruments woes

Anybody read this?

https://www.digitalmusicnews.com/201...ments-layoffs/

What’s interesting is one of the commenters said that masculine stand alone was ready to go....
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Terrible Executive decision making prioritizing samples subscription development over music making technology.

Maschine is woefully behind in development, no hardware stand-alone to compete with Akai, Komplete seems old with bread and butter software lacking. massive X is the only intriguing new software and was way late with plenty of wavetable competition now. NI is totally absent in Eurorack.

Since I got Akai Force my Maschine mk3 hardware has been sitting on a shelf. Every day I ponder whether to goes to the Bay.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

woa!

"Last Thursday 100 NI employees got fired in Berlin.

September 2, 2019
100 peeps fired in Berlin, almost all hardware teams are fired. Maschine stand-alone was cancelled on the first day of mass production."
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The article relies on scant info - Glassdoor and reported revenues and expenses which may have been accounted in such a way as to minimize taxes. It's its comments that are alarming, or alarmist. First, 100 people fired, then 200. And in the worst ways.

Anybody know the real story here?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Even if somebody knew, they wouldn't be able to comment.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by camus2 View Post
These are users comments though, so needs confirmation.

But it's just so tough out there for audio software developers, even tougher since musicians are now back to hardware because it holds a value, vsti or MIDI controllers do not.

An entire generation of people are rejecting DAW and producing exclusively on dedicated hardware.

Musicians in general want simpler and more direct tools, don't want to deal with buffers, latency, MIDI jitter, drivers... So software editors need to take risks and bring software back to dedicated hardware, because that's where the money is. But at the same time, since it's a "pro-sumer" market, they aren't ready to spend $3000 on a workstation like it used to be the case in 2000's.

If NI really cancelled the standalone Maschine project then it was a dumb move, because there is absolutely a market for it.
If Native Instruments create a synthesizer with KOMPLETE installed, you can build an integrated environment.
Considering the fact that great MIDI keyboards are also on sale, it will be a fully potential product.
I don't understand why a company with many sound sources doesn't do it.
Just by incorporating a sound source, it becomes an easy-to-use synthesizer.
There is a possibility that a very nice synthesizer will be born.
The problem is that despite the company that has everything, everything is scattered.
When integrated, Native Instruments can create powerful tools.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Komplete mk2 is awesome except that they took out hardware control without disconnecting the keyboard. Like who’s bright idea was that? It took COURAGE to do that I suppose.

If they can fix that then they will have a killer product.

As for the firing rumors I can’t see it. If they have to start over with new people that will take another 2 years for engineers to learn the eco system and software.

It will be an interesting few weeks to see where this goes. Isn’tseptember usually when NI drops new hardware ? Ish
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I cant see native instruments cancelling maschine standalone if it was 1 day into production especially seeing as ni are currently celebrating maschine 10 year birthday.
they've been hinting something big is going to be announced and its as good as been confirmed maschine 3 will be out in the next few weeks.

but if it is true and ni have done this to concentrate solely on there sounds.com line then they've messed up bigtime.

the markets been crying out for a standalone maschine for years and I used to be a akai mpc user.
I used them for years and years but I moved to maschine when I bought maschine mk1 and ive never bothered with akai ever since..for me the pads feel better than akais and the maschine software is quicker to use than mpc software..i have the newest mpc software but I cant gel with it the gui is too cramped and its very easy too get lost because all parameters are on show..in maschine you have what you need and you open pages to work deeper which too me is better because sometimes you just want to create a beat not feel like your working on a song.

im sure evildragon has a deeper understanding how ni are operating these days because hes a moderator on there website im sure if you do know something you cant say but I hope the rumours are wrong or exajuarated and ni are still going to realese maschine 3 and standalone hardware..
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Even if somebody knew, they wouldn't be able to comment.
If it were true.
If the posts weren’t true, wouldn’t it be fine for an NI employee or someone in the know to say- “no, that’s just a bad rumor”?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Their dj products were great in the past, but unfortunately they messed up by removing jogwheels, and not updating their dj software for the last few years. Effectively losing a good position to Pioneer completely.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I'm not surprised one bit.

/C
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljefe View Post
If it were true.
If the posts weren’t true, wouldn’t it be fine for an NI employee or someone in the know to say- “no, that’s just a bad rumor”?
That's not how things work, though. At least not if one wants to keep their job at said company.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarLofgren View Post
I'm not surprised one bit.

/C
Why not?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Head

Quote:
If it were true.
Once they’ve stopped laughing, they may well do that
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I think some of the comments ive read on other forums about ni seem too me written by disgruntled employees..lets face facts everyone pisses and moans with other people they work with about there managers and bosses and we all moan about a drudge filled 9-5 jobs that's life.

id take comments about ni or any other company with a piece salt if there written by ex employees if any other person lost there job and your a twitter twatter and you've had one to many drinks you will post comments too make your previous employer look as bad as possible.

luckly I don't drink and don't use twitter or social media its a cancer on society and I strongly suggest everyone to do the same.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This is such a old news item. From 3 years ago. Not Sept 1 2019. That site is total click bait.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
If it were true.
Of course it doesnt work that way. No one goes out and pretends to be the voice of their employer without their employers approval.. That's a sure way to lose your regular pay cheque.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockreid View Post
Terrible Executive decision making prioritizing samples subscription development over music making technology.

Maschine is woefully behind in development, no hardware stand-alone to compete with Akai, Komplete seems old with bread and butter software lacking. massive X is the only intriguing new software and was way late with plenty of wavetable competition now. NI is totally absent in Eurorack.

Since I got Akai Force my Maschine mk3 hardware has been sitting on a shelf. Every day I ponder whether to goes to the Bay.
^This.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

This has been coming for a long time, a lot of people knew and know and it is very shady keeping it secret just to remain “in crowd”
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
This is such a old news item. From 3 years ago. Not Sept 1 2019. That site is total click bait.

Thanks for the heads up. I love my Maschine mk3 and komplete 12 collectors edition.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by v00d00ppl View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I love my Maschine mk3 and komplete 12 collectors edition.
It isnt old news, go to the Maschine forum, their moderator has confirmed the lay offs
Old 2 weeks ago
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
Their dj products were great in the past, but unfortunately they messed up by removing jogwheels, and not updating their dj software for the last few years. Effectively losing a good position to Pioneer completely.
Actually NI introduced two new Mark 3 controllers, and updated Pro 2 to Pro 3 software last year. Both controllers have jog wheels - the ones on the top model are motorized and have cool haptic feedback.

I DJ in clubs every weekend, and am a big Traktor fan. I come into this from production and have no need for jog wheels, so the S5 and S8 controllers are still what I use. I run the whole night off master clock, so for me they're kind of superfluous. But there they are if you want them.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
It isnt old news, go to the Maschine forum, their moderator has confirmed the lay offs
Either way. What does the internals of the company have to do with your own music production? I am sure there are also regular layoffs at your local utility company and places like Microsoft and Cisco all the time. You gonna boycott products by every company that lays someone off because you are afraid the quality will go down? !

You boycott companies if they are doing seriously truly bad **** like polluting coast lines or water tables or discriminating against religion or sexual orientation. Those are reasons to worry and boycott.

NI still do what they do. They offer quality products at a decently competitive price point.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Either way. What does the internals of the company have to do with your own music production? I am sure there are also regular layoffs at your local utility company and places like Microsoft and Cisco all the time. You gonna boycott products by every company that lays someone off because you are afraid the quality will go down? !

You boycott companies if they are doing seriously truly bad **** like polluting coast lines or water tables or discriminating against religion or sexual orientation. Those are reasons to worry and boycott.

NI still do what they do. They offer quality products at a decently competitive price point.
I have tried to follow this thread. Did somebody start a boycott? I didn’t read that in this thread, except in your post. What did I miss?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I have tried to follow this thread. Did somebody start a boycott? I didn’t read that in this thread, except in your post. What did I miss?
No. But what is this thread about exactly? And why is it in music production? Should it not be in other stuff? Peeps readying Glassdoor of all places to speculate
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
No. But what is this thread about exactly? And why is it in music production? Should it not be in other stuff?
Well you’re arguing with an imaginary person who is boycotting NI, but there is no boycott, none has been threatened.

This thread is about a company that makes software and hardware that many electronic musicians and djs rely on and enjoy. Music production software and hardware. I’m not a mod, they’ll slot the thread in the correct place, no worries.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Well you’re arguing with an imaginary person who is boycotting NI, but there is no boycott, none has been threatened.

This thread is about a company that makes software and hardware that many electronic musicians and djs rely on and enjoy. Music production software and hardware. I’m not a mod, they’ll slot the thread in the correct place, no worries.
This thread is boring. And 100 is peanuts.

Over 16000 people have been cut by media companies which is an already cut throat industry with very slim employment prospects to begin with. I am more interest in the Disney and 21st century fox merger and how and what.its going to do the the entertainment landscape in next 5 years. That's bigger news that will affect everything.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/2018-...153106605.html
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

NI didn't innovate. I changed to Arturia synth VSTs because the new ones are fresh and clever.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Considering what a disjointed mess and money-grab the last update was, I’m not surprised. It’s sad. I’m a longtime user and fan of NI but I’m now moving away from their products. They have that unmistakable scent of a company run by bean counters and not music enthusiasts.

Last edited by 3rdpath; 2 weeks ago at 05:16 AM..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search