The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Native instruments woes
Old 5 days ago
  #451
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by login View Post
Behringer can try to sell themselves as the most cool people on the world but nothing will make me forget they sued like little cry babies because a forum post offended them.

NI is doomed BTW, it totally smells like they are going to get all the value from it and crush it to the ground.
which one? post juicy details... ""-)
Old 5 days ago
  #452
Lives for gear
 
telecode's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by olafmol View Post
I believe he lives in Manila.
ahh... he likes pinoy girls that want big minivan type families. :--)
Old 5 days ago
  #453
Lives for gear
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by telecode View Post
ahh... he likes pinoy girls that want big minivan type families. :--)
How is that different from soccer moms in Naperville?
Old 4 days ago
  #454
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
I will say that NI does sort of deserve all the wild negative speculation hurting their brand right now. Once you save a lot of money by laying off employees and you can't articulate a concrete vision of the new direction, going to take a hit until you can actually articulate something beyond vague adjectives.
I try not to be smug, and certainly avoid kickem-when-their-down, but due to Kore+other products abandonment in the past, that's difficult. Today there are more small specialized boutique developers that just simply do it better. They are filling in the gaps that NI deserted long ago.

It would seem, based on his lengthy NI background, Daniel Haver should know better...unless his golden parachute is already set. They have to show something for 57 million right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ponzi View Post
It does impact my view of the company, but as I said, of greater impact is that I have so much of their stuff, I can't imagine how I could even make use of even more of that. I have duplicative functionality both in vi/sampler space as well as fx space.
Same with myself. UAD, Soundtoys, uHe, Waves, even...Arturia upping their game. Where does NI really fit in today? For myself probably only Kontakt. Still try and be jack of all trades with bundles? Good luck. NI will have to pull something incredible out of the rabbits hat to keep my interest, and I doubt that will happen.
Old 4 days ago
  #455
Lives for gear
 
ponzi's Avatar
Just to show how long I have been a customer, I purchased fm7 and was really pissed when they forced me to upgrade to fm8. Later I got kontakt 3--I still have the large box of cds, and got ultimate more for the sample libraries than the countless other instruments. Kontakt is important to me due to the sample libraries--and from NI perspective, the largest competition they have in selling me the new version of kontakt is the version I already have. I think this is the reason for their management prudently seeking growth elsewhere. Its just that layoffs combined with a substance free strategy statement, just boils down to reducing investment in current product in my mind. To the extent this is not accurate, they are free to be candid with the truth and dispel inaccurate rumors.

And I kept hoping for an upgrade to fm8...
Old 3 days ago
  #456
Gear Head
 

They've just released a new VI on their website - Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic.
Old 3 days ago
  #457
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
They've just released a new VI on their website - Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic.
Another excellent example of a tool where IMO, other 3rd party boutique developers are achieving the same results, but the application is much more powerful, more flexable, ie create any imaginable chord, or picking style and less cost. Maybe NI gets the "ease of use" award, but that's about it from my perspective. Considering the competition I wouldn't buy this. But if its included with other new semi-lame applications, and a $99 summer sale, I might bite...assuming summer sales are still around.
Old 3 days ago
  #458
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
Another excellent example of a tool where IMO, other 3rd party boutique developers are achieving the same results, but the application is much more powerful, more flexable, ie create any imaginable chord, or picking style and less cost. Maybe NI gets the "ease of use" award, but that's about it from my perspective. Considering the competition I wouldn't buy this. But if its included with other new semi-lame applications, and a $99 summer sale, I might bite...assuming summer sales are still around.
Out of curiousity what tools does the competition have that are better? Been looking for an acoustic picking library.
Old 3 days ago
  #459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
They've just released a new VI on their website - Session Guitarist - Picked Acoustic.
Makes sense. I mean you cant pull your guitar out of your backpack at a coffeeshop gig but you can bring your laptop instead!
Old 3 days ago
  #460
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Out of curiousity what tools does the competition have that are better? Been looking for an acoustic picking library.
Session Guitarist series all have fixed patterns which can be restrictive. (They can be modified in ways by changing start time and end time of patterns etc or even by playing patterns and printing and then editing the audio from there etc...)
However I have all these in Komplete 12 UCE Bundle which are very good sounding patterns but if you write your own material something like Orange Tree Samples is more versatile (I have a few of those libraries so I may be a bit biased in their favour - Evolution Songwriter is great). In Orange Tree Evolution engine you can play any chord make up your own strumming patterns, the on board effects are great and presets are good as a starting point.
Amplesound have good ones aswell and they have a free Acoustic Martin Lite version which is awesome for a freebie.
There are others like MusicLab, Impact Soundworks and Vir2 etc but others may have more experience of those.
Old 3 days ago
  #461
Lives for gear
 
EvilDragon's Avatar
Those are real patterns played by a human, though - not sequenced patterns from single strums. Therein lies the difference.
Old 3 days ago
  #462
Lives for gear
 
greggybud's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by motomotomoto View Post
Out of curiousity what tools does the competition have that are better? Been looking for an acoustic picking library.
http://indiginus.com/

Try the acoustic guitar collection

Then try the renegade.

While both Indiginus and NI are at the very core, based on samples, that is about where any similarity ends.

Picking demos included.

In general, the ability to custom create your chords from scratch plus your own strumming (I realize you were just asking about picking) and custom your own strums vs. sampled strums is a great advantage.

Hope that helps.

Now...if the future of NI includes attempting to outsource programs like this, then NI has at least my attention. However I doubt this developer is much interested, and in this case, NI outsourcing would compete against their in-house programs.
Old 3 days ago
  #463
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Those are real patterns played by a human, though - not sequenced patterns from single strums. Therein lies the difference.
This is very true and that is why if you played the same pattern through the other libraries, Native Instruments would always sound the best. I was speaking as to mere flexibility with the other libraries. Native Instruments Session Guitars sound awesome just depends if you can make the patterns work for your needs.
Old 3 days ago
  #464
Gear Head
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggybud View Post
http://indiginus.com/

Try the acoustic guitar collection

Then try the renegade.

While both Indiginus and NI are at the very core, based on samples, that is about where any similarity ends.

Picking demos included.

In general, the ability to custom create your chords from scratch plus your own strumming (I realize you were just asking about picking) and custom your own strums vs. sampled strums is a great advantage.

Hope that helps.

Now...if the future of NI includes attempting to outsource programs like this, then NI has at least my attention. However I doubt this developer is much interested, and in this case, NI outsourcing would compete against their in-house programs.
Never heard of this one before, checked out the videos on their site and sounds good. Thanks for the tip.
Old 3 days ago
  #465
Gear Addict
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neptune45 View Post
Session Guitarist series all have fixed patterns which can be restrictive. (They can be modified in ways by changing start time and end time of patterns etc or even by playing patterns and printing and then editing the audio from there etc...)
However I have all these in Komplete 12 UCE Bundle which are very good sounding patterns but if you write your own material something like Orange Tree Samples is more versatile (I have a few of those libraries so I may be a bit biased in their favour - Evolution Songwriter is great). In Orange Tree Evolution engine you can play any chord make up your own strumming patterns, the on board effects are great and presets are good as a starting point.
Amplesound have good ones aswell and they have a free Acoustic Martin Lite version which is awesome for a freebie.
There are others like MusicLab, Impact Soundworks and Vir2 etc but others may have more experience of those.
I’m specifically looking for picking style however
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump