The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Annoying buzz tone on the MPC4000 when using the AMP envelope
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Annoying buzz tone on the MPC4000 when using the AMP envelope

Hey guys,

after a few years I decided to go back to hardware and bought back my beloved MPC4000. Now I noticed something funky: when using the AMP envelope on bass sounds, the decay to be exact, you can hear an annoying buzzy tone (sounds like a bitcrush effect). The sound is only apparent when the decay is short, i.e. below 65...

I tried everything: lowering the volume, change velocity routing etc. Is this a known bug?

All best,

addi307
Attached Files

MPC4000 Decay Ring Buzz Tone.wav (1.26 MB, 171 views)

Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Try to replace the kick sample with a dc sample ( positive cycle of a square only ) , and see if it also happens

Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

[QUOTE=gentleclockdivid;14155588]Try to replace the kick sample with a dc sample ( positive cycle of a square only ) , and see if it also happens

Thank you for your advice! Can you tell me, how I get a dc sample? Turns out my Peak doesn't produce exact square shapes...
Old 4 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Just draw them in audio editor ( positive energy only ) and load into the mpc
here you go ( mono omly ) ,and 44100 samples long
Attached Files

pos.wav (172.3 KB, 86 views)

Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Hey,
I tried it out and unfortunately the noise is still apparent. The buzz is around 11k and yes you can filter it out with a LPF.
Old 4 weeks ago
Gear Nut

Seeing as you've not used the MPC for a long time,have you tried opening it up and reseating the RAM sticks??they could have become loose or corrupt.

I've got a 4K and normally if there is distortion or some form of issue with samples(unless the samples are the problem)just reseating the Ram Sticks has sorted the issue,or it could be the RAM sticks have become corrupt somehow,I'm not aware of any known bugs with the amp,not experienced the exact issue you describe,any symptoms with samples have been resolved by me reseating the ram sticks after eliminating the samples of being the problem themselves.

I also have a Roland MV8800 and had issues with distortion on samples when the RAM modules somehow had become corrupt(cheap ram) after it had been sat unused for a few years,replacing the RAM modules with some fresh ones resolved the issue.

Worth a shot to investigate the RAM sticks...
Old 4 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Wow, never thought about that. I will give it a try! Thank you
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search