The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Anyone having problems with the Digitakt pads?
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Anyone having problems with the Digitakt pads?

The more I play with this little power house, the more I discover and love it.

..however, I am experiencing the main pads (1-16) sticking from time to time which is quite infuriating when you are in the middle of a session. ie you hit a pad, and it doesn't come back up, unless you hit it again)

I keep all my equipment clean and don't think any dust could have got on the contacts as its a relatively new piece of gear.

Think its just out of warranty too. Any ideas?
Old 4 days ago
Gear Addict

My brother's DT got a sticky pad.. Pad 1
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

It doesn't have any pads. Those are buttons and you've just discovered that Elektron gear is polished turds. A hi-tech facade hiding dirt cheap manufacturing. Because "Made In Sweden" doesn't mean anything if you're cutting corners.

The mk1 analog boxes had front panel lettering printed with some crappy paint that rubs off very easily and with just moderate use... and the mk2 versions had lots of hardware issues.

You could try some lubrication with fader lube... or pull out the knob caps, open up the machine , remove the front panel and widen the holes with a metal file, for a permanent fix. It should only need a fraction of a milimeter shaved off.
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
yes, i too hate elektron products for being both popular, and good
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

But, they're not actually good, they just look good on Youtube influencer videos. I have 3 of them and they're all being sold ASAP. Like most internet discussions, "Hate" is not applicable here, more like avoidance and apathy.
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
But, they're not actually good, they just look good on Youtube influencer videos. I have 3 of them and they're all being sold ASAP.
Thanks for suggestions above.

To be fair to Elektron, I have the A4mk1 and had the Monomachine MK2 and they were solid as a rock.

I'm hoping Elektron will make available a new set of 1- 16 buttons for the Digitakt which are slightly smaller and have paint that doesn't wear off easily (yes noticed that too).
Old 4 days ago
Gear Maniac
hipsters, amiright???
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

mine had one pad like this. got it serviced. works fine now and no sticking. talk to support
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

The quality control of elektron boxes went downhill since 2016 , when they got a big capital investor ( forgot the name )
To this day there are still numerous reports of malfunctioning AR mk2 's , receiving 3 fautly units in row is nt an exception , and these are not isolated cases

Instead they just release new stuff
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
The quality control of elektron boxes went downhill since 2016 , when they got a big capital investor ( forgot the name )
To this day there are still numerous reports of malfunctioning AR mk2 's , receiving 3 fautly units in row is nt an exception , and these are not isolated cases

Instead they just release new stuff
That may be true.
However I had sticky buttons on my Rytm, a fault with my monomachine and a fault with my machinedrum.
All were fixed.
Including my digitakt sticky key issue
Old 4 days ago
Lives for gear

Sticky buttons is the least of the problems , hardware resets , freezing etc..
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by swanage View Post
yes, i too hate elektron products for being both popular, and good
Well, 'good' is a big word stretched too far.
I have a Rytm MkI and i can say that the pads on it are horrible.
The other buttons are kindof fine but they are very very 'cluncky', making a hollow metallic sound when pressed.
Sometimes some of the encoders act up.

Even worse, the analog engine feels sloppy and dull. Good thing they included a distortion to spice things up.
And why don't the attacks of the analog engine and the samples align half the time?

And never mind all the problems with sample uploading and the overpromised overbridge stuff.

So all in all it is an interesting device, but far from perfect.
I'm really having trouble calling it 'goog'. Some things are good, even unexpectedly so, while other things are pretty bad, unexpectedly so.
Old 3 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentleclockdivid View Post
Sticky buttons is the least of the problems , hardware resets , freezing etc..
my MD had its main board replaced twice...$450 on a unit worth $500
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

My pad 16 has received much lubricant from my explicative cursing of its sticking, just that one, clean here as well.

No such stickies on my Digitone Keys
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

You may just need to loosen the screws on the top and nudge to lid a little.
I think it’ll be the plastic caps on each button catching the top faceplate slightly , not a mechanical fault with the buttons .

I haven’t had any issues with my electron gear except 1 x button on my old octatrack.
However my speaker , Waldorf box , bass station 2 have worse issues.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Addict

My button #15 sticks a bit. Also the power button when on, will shut off and power right back on the Digitakt if it’s just very lightly touched in the off position. It should turn off the unit about half way press to the other side, then completely to the other side with the click. Mine will shut it off then right back on again if it is just lightly touched or accidentally bumped. So I really guard the power button so it’s not accidentally touched.
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

The method of inputting using an external MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard may be considered for the future.
It may be better to consider the possibility of becoming unusable someday.

Check this.7:00-
USB & MIDI: Everything you need to know to get it right (USB MIDI Host vs Interface explained)
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search