The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Jaspers: Keyboard Rack or Keyboard Stand? GO!
Old 3 days ago
Lives for gear

Jaspers: Keyboard Rack or Keyboard Stand? GO!

I like my current stand (it's Standtastic) but it protrudes too far out from the wall and I'm looking for something to take up less space/depth. The Jaspers rack seems to be the least deep option but I'm not sure if the lack of angle would make it annoying to access/play the keyboards.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

I have a standtastic, and agree it takes up too much floor space. Recently purchased a keyboard rack, and it is way less deep and I love it. I would replace the standtastic with it, but the rack actually uses more space in terms of width. Each of them actually works well in the part of the room I have them set up in.
Old 3 days ago
Gear Maniac

If you want more space, mount struts into your wall studs and get the angled holders.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/vi...bd979fa3c41ac2
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazRemark View Post
I have a standtastic, and agree it takes up too much floor space. Recently purchased a keyboard rack, and it is way less deep and I love it. I would replace the standtastic with it, but the rack actually uses more space in terms of width. Each of them actually works well in the part of the room I have them set up in.
Thanks Kaz! Rack it is then. I've got enough space for the width. I just wanted more space in the middle of the room. Now to figure out how many & what size of the holders I need/want.

Also @ Ramos707 thanks for that suggestion. My buddy did that and it worked out great. In my room, the wall behind the synths has a big window so no wall mounting for me.
Old 2 days ago
Gear Maniac

you can angle however you like on jaspers racks
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Jaspers rack or K and M spider pro - both are great depending on how many keys you have. I have both and the Jaspers is probably more versatile if you never move it. As stated above you can angle Jaspers how ever you like. The k and M really is quality even compared to the jaspers though.
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

I first bought the K&M Spider Pro, but found that took up too much space. It's a great stand though. I liked it, but I knew I wanted to be picky with my decision. Once I decided that comfort and space was more important than my money, potential frustration and regret, I went all the way with decking out a Jaspers stand. I went with the big 150cm 6 tier keyboard rack from Jaspers. I added on the side arm bars, which are really nice to have, in addition to more holders so I could place multiple items on once level. Highly recommend Jaspers Keyboard Rack because it has a small footprint, is very sturdy and the biggest selling point which is that it's modular. I love that fact that when I want to change the arrangement of my setup, I have total control over how I want to set it up. No more being the victim of having to set something up the typical way. The angled holders on the walls is another great option, but You can easily move the Jaspers stand around anytime you want. It's just very practical.

I've changed things from this old pic, but you can see it in this thread below when I first bought it:

Solutions for mounting power strips on Synth Stands
Old 2 days ago
Lives for gear

Jaspers stands take up a lot of real estate when properly set up.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search