The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Which synth should I get next?
Old 1 week ago
  #1
Gear Maniac
Which synth should I get next?

I was planning to get a Volca Beats and a Monologue as a supplement my blues/rock oriented studio.

I just got the Volca Beats and I'm really hoked. I am really considering getting the Volca Keys and Volca Bass (or similar) instead of the Monologue.

I know that the Monologue is the better synth with more 'pro' features but the Volcas are so easy to use and really quick to get a nice thing going.

What would you recommend I should get?
Old 1 week ago
  #2
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab_Azz View Post
I was planning to get a Volca Beats and a Monologue as a supplement my blues/rock oriented studio.

I just got the Volca Beats and I'm really hoked. I am really considering getting the Volca Keys and Volca Bass (or similar) instead of the Monologue.

I know that the Monologue is the better synth with more 'pro' features but the Volcas are so easy to use and really quick to get a nice thing going.

What would you recommend I should get?
i'm in the camp that thinks they're all great. monologue can be battery powered and has sync in/out as well so it works very well with a volca set up.. only thing is no internal speaker . i'd go beats, keys, and monologue for a nice versatile setup!
Old 1 week ago
  #3
Lives for gear
 
badmark's Avatar
Monologue has 100 saveable presets. This is very useful.
Old 1 week ago
  #4
Here for the gear
 

I would definitely choose the monologue over the volca's. You're going to get a lot more out of the monologue. I feel like the volca's are for a specific type of sound whereas the monologue is a little more versatile.
Old 1 week ago
  #5
Gear Maniac
Thanks. I'll get the Monologue next then. Then maybe I'll get the keys too. I do not mind that it has no built in speaker. I'm going to be using these only in studio. I gig as a guitarist. I just want something to add to my home setup.
Old 1 week ago
  #6
Gear Nut
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gab_Azz View Post
Thanks. I'll get the Monologue next then. Then maybe I'll get the keys too. I do not mind that it has no built in speaker. I'm going to be using these only in studio. I gig as a guitarist. I just want something to add to my home setup.
monologue is a great choice for a guitarist due to its external input! get a motion sequence going on the monologue sequencer then play guitar through the external input . fun times!
Old 1 week ago
  #7
Gear Maniac
Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzelitis View Post
monologue is a great choice for a guitarist due to its external input! get a motion sequence going on the monologue sequencer then play guitar through the external input . fun times!
I've got to try it!
Post Reply

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.


 
 
Slide to join now Processing…
Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Forum Jump
Forum Jump