The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Waldorf Quantum + Solaris stand?
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Waldorf Quantum + Solaris stand?

Hello,

I was wondering which 2-tier stand should I get for the John Bowen Solaris and Waldorf Quantum?

I am looking at the 2nd tier being adjustable to a more vertical position as the instruments are wide and I d like to have a good visual of the Solaris on the 2nd tier so a tier with adjustable angle, if that makes sense. Thanks for your help
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I have no Solaris experience but I have used a QuikLok Z/726 with a Quantum and a MatrixBrute.

The 2nd tier angle adjustment can go all the way to completely vertical.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ah so you have the slightly wider version of the one I've got. I love this stand, its so solid, but its the first proper stand I have so I have nothing to compare it to.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I think the non-wide version is a safer bet in terms of width - I think some of the people I saw online who needed the L version did so because they had some large organ foot pedal device that they needed to fit on the floor between the stands legs.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Just this weekend I decided to see if I could cure a back pain issue I have, by sacrificing the 2nd synth on the stand (MatrixBrute), replacing that with a MPE controller shelf.

In this configuration I have moved the upper tier forwards a lot, and down a lot. If I moved it back and up a lot then I could still have had a 2nd synth on the first tier. But this photo should still give an indication of how vertical the 2nd tier can go!

Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

I love it and can often be found talking about it on the main Quantum thread. Words dont really do it justice though. I'm a big fan of the v2 beta, since prior to that I didnt think it was quite as deep as some people suggest. But the kernel oscillators and other improvements in v2 make it much deeper.

I've still barely scratched the surface of doing my own patch design with it so far, largely due to back pain, hence my recent rather drastic vertical approach with the stand!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search