The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Dave Smith Pro 2 - does any other synth compare?
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcearl View Post
I thought seriously about buying one until I went through the matrixbrute thread, I think from roughly page 103 or so...complaints of drift, internal clock issues, especially with swing...I think theyre just a firmware issue (same kinda problem with the BSP at first) so Ill sit it out until then. Shame as the one I was looking at was going for $1300!!!
I haven’t really experienced that but I can respect what others may be finding. I keep my synced often enough but when I capture something I like which is easy when Messing with the MatrixBrute I just track it to logic and layer more parts. Just love he way it sounds and matrix sequencer is great for motion
Old 6 days ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankenstino View Post
I haven’t really experienced that but I can respect what others may be finding. I keep my synced often enough but when I capture something I like which is easy when Messing with the MatrixBrute I just track it to logic and layer more parts. Just love he way it sounds and matrix sequencer is great for motion
Im sure itll be fixed soon, my BSP sequenced like it was drunk when I first bought it and they sorted that out
Old 6 days ago
Gear Maniac
I've swaped matrixbrute to pro2. I can't say there's really some magic in it. I'm not sure that i like how it's filters sound stand alone. But... as mentioned above it greatly fits into mix. And while MatrixBrute was just a toy with lots of knobs and i never could get it used, i have already lots of finished tracks with pro2. Used it for lead, grid, effects and even pads.
Old 6 days ago
Lives for gear

Always loved the Pro2 because its not a "classic" synth at all and all the better for it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search