The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Behringer Model D Gate Question
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Behringer Model D Gate Question

I've been using a Behringer Model D as a filter to process external audio. The ladder filter sounds nice, and it's a cool way of adding character to some digital synths I have.

But it's kind of annoying to have to trigger the Model D with a drone note to keep the filter envelope open.

Does anyone have any tips on how to keep the filter envelope open without hooking up an external midi controller and sending a drone note? Is there any way to do this with just a patch cable or something? (I know the Moog Voyager has an "Envelope Gate" switch that you can set to be permanently ON for this purpose.)

It would be so nice to simplify this setup!

Thanks for any advice.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

AFAIK without further DIY, you need is a +5v source to feed into the envelope gate input. Can be a battery, for instance, to the tip of a cable.

The boog can trigger itself by means of lfo pulse out to env trigger in, but that's a cyclical, not permanent signal.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search