The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Any good electronic drum VSTs that aren't modeled after popular analog kits?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Any good electronic drum VSTs that aren't modeled after popular analog kits?

Not sample based.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Stix, Heartbeat, µtonic, a million Reaktor .ens, Breaktweaker, Tremor, Drumaxx... those are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, how about Axiom.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Drumatic 3 is all i need for what you asked about.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Stix, Heartbeat, µtonic, a million Reaktor .ens, Breaktweaker, Tremor, Drumaxx... those are ones I can think of off the top of my head. Oh, how about Axiom.
Without googling each for demos just yet, which one of those is the most musical/experimental?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by goom View Post
Without googling each for demos just yet, which one of those is the most musical/experimental?
Well, that’s going to be Reaktor, of course, because the factory library already comes with a bunch of cool drum synths and there are countless ones available to download for free from the user library. Buying Reaktor is like buying a warehouse full of electronics components. You can build anything with it, but in that warehouse the previous owners left a bunch of really cool things that they built and you find out that in this giant warehouse that lots of people had been there before and left the things that they built too.

Newscool:

Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Well, that’s going to be Reaktor, of course, because the factory library already comes with a bunch of cool drum synths and there are countless ones available to download for free from the user library. Buying Reaktor is like buying a warehouse full of electronics components. You can build anything with it, but in that warehouse the previous owners left a bunch of really cool things that they built and you find out that in this giant warehouse that lots of people had been there before and left the things that they built too.

Newscool:

Thanks!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

microtonic
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You can also mix samples with analog oscillators/fm etc and make nice things

With hundreds of parameters for each sound, and midi cc automation for all of them, you can experiment ... a lot
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Persemone View Post
microtonic
That's probably the best bet at my price-range now.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search