The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Ultimate Drum Pad Controller Guide
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Ultimate Drum Pad Controller Guide

There doesn't appear to be one definitive drum pad controller thread here, so I thought it might be worth creating one. Major review sites give so little info about the actual performance of midi controllers instead focusing on listing the many features they include. They rarely give you a good idea of how well those features function. Crosstalk or missing hits anyone?

To start it off, I thought I'd add a link to this gentleman's 2 pad sensitivity videos. He at least seems to have played a lot of them which helps.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxRSBx9WW2Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bN6MgKreNZ0&t=411s

Feel free to lock it up if necessary I just thought it could be helpful for anyone looking for pad controller info to have one big thread dealing with them.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

I've used or owned a fair number of them. You might as well get the 4 x 4 standard mpc layout if you want your skills to be transferable to a similar device in the future.

Long story short, Korg padKontrol has awesome pad sensitivity for finger drumming. Maschine may have similar or the same pads.

Alesis, Akai, didn't have that sensitivity, at least the ones I tried from several years ago.

First generation Handsonic is not as sensitive either, but more of a hand drumming device anyhow.

Zendrum is probably awesome but I haven't tried it.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search