The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Korg Radias Editor problem
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Korg Radias Editor problem

I can't get the Korg Radias Editor to communicate with the synth
When I change programs I get "Transmit program failed-device enquiry error"I've been using the editor succesfully for quite some years now and although I've been messing about with it all afternoon I've singularily failed to find a solution.

I have a feeling I've had this problem before but I can't remember the solution. Searching the internet has yielded nothing and I can't get through to Korg support, I'd be grateful if anyone has any helpful knowledge or ideas.

I have the latest Korg USB-MIDI driver installed.

Proton K.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Luckily I've managed to fix the problem.

Proton K.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

That's disappointing. If you ask a question and then find the solution it's good form to share the solution in case others have the same problem. I could never get the Radias editor to work and that GUI is really really tragic....
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treebase DMX View Post
That's disappointing. If you ask a question and then find the solution it's good form to share the solution in case others have the same problem. I could never get the Radias editor to work and that GUI is really really tragic....
Editor Preferences :

Midi IN : RADIAS/KBD/KNOB

Midi OUT : RADIAS : SOUND

Check the bix marked : Recieve Parameter Change

Note MIDI IN : Set to prefered midi port / controller device (can be another usb midi equiped keyboard)

I leave the knob mode to "LINEAR" and background to "SILVER" for personal working preference.

I am using a Hackintosh on OSX 10.12.6 but this allows me to both play back sequences in Logic whilst editing and/or play from my JD-XA whilst editing and for full functionality of EDIT, RECIEVE, TRANSMIT, AUTODUMP, INFO & VIEW as well as all PROGARM, DRUM, GLOBAL and TEMPLATE settings.

EDITING A QUICK FOOT NOTE : The RADIAS does NOT transmit Audio over USB setting the midi out to SOUND give one editing control over the 'sound' loaded into the synth itself. Thought I'd state the obvious to those who may acquire one and aren't familiar with the spec.

Also note that the RADIAS itself must be placed in Page 04 of Global Mode (MIDI) and be set to have the correct routing for Midi and Clock - for my purposes Local Control is ON, Routing is USB+Midi, Clock is EXT USB and I use Midi 1-4 set up to Midi CC's that I can use the Envelope and Midi LFO from Logic X's Modulator MFX and or certain Reaktor devices for added modulation sources etc......
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

Sorry if I didn't give a fix because I don't know what fixed it, I just switched my computer back on and it worked. Sorry I can't help. I've got my editor set up the same as the previous poster so I don't know why it wasn't working.

Proton K.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Thanks guys. Korg's MIDI USB implementation and that editor are tragic! Utter sh*t....
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search