The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
TR8 (vs analog rytm) or DrumBrute Impact
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
TR8 (vs analog rytm) or DrumBrute Impact

hello all im trying to decide between getting a TR8 or Arturia DrumBrute Impact.

I CURRENTLY HAVE AN ANALOG RYTM, and im wondering if its internal drum samples/synthesis (which i like a lot) is similar/better than the TR8. If so, maybe the DrumBrute Impact would be a better addition to my setup.

so, analog rytm + TR8...or... analog rytm + DrumBrute Impact. Which is going to be more supplemental/additive to the rytm as a drum machine? Im not sure if i need a TR8 if the rytm has similar sound design

i make hardcore techno/ techno
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Both the TR-8 and drumbrute could be sampled and you wouldn't need them anyway. But the sequencing interfaces are very inspiring. Maybe you really would benefit from a more featured sampler? Toraiz SP-16 does time strech and pitch shift on loops, stereo samples, p-locks...

EDIT: oh haha, please ignore my signature

Last edited by HaveItAll; 1 week ago at 01:33 AM.. Reason: Just made a complete fool of myself
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveItAll View Post
Both the TR-8 and drumbrute could be sampled and you wouldn't need them anyway. But the sequencing interfaces are very inspiring. Maybe you really would benefit from a more featured sampler? Toraiz SP-16 does time strech and pitch shift on loops, stereo samples, p-locks...

EDIT: oh haha, please ignore my signature
Looking for something with live playability and do you know if the TR8 sounds more similar to the analog rytm drums?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by spenny23 View Post
Looking for something with live playability and do you know if the TR8 sounds more similar to the analog rytm drums?
Sorry, no idea. TR-8 sounds really great, but of course no p-locks per step.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
I'd like to include the TR8s as an option too... any info on that
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

The TR-8S is probably best for live playability, as it was made for that.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
I'd like to include the TR8s as an option too... any info on that
The TR8S is very fast to work with and sounds great, I don’t think that you would find it overlapping with the AR. The advantage is that it has all the ACB models (606, 707, 727, 808, 909), plus the sample reader. The DBI may get old really fast because it hasn’t so much variation on the kits.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.I. Batule Chee View Post
The TR8S is very fast to work with and sounds great, I don’t think that you would find it overlapping with the AR. The advantage is that it has all the ACB models (606, 707, 727, 808, 909), plus the sample reader. The DBI may get old really fast because it hasn’t so much variation on the kits.
and the TR8s compared to the drumbrute in this case?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwaping View Post
I don't own a TR8S but the TR8 is massively playable and you can get quite a variation in the sounds using the pitch/decay etc. etc. knobs in combination with the different kits and the effects.

When I bought an MPC1000 the plan was to ditch the TR8 as I could have any samples I wanted..............................I just couldn't do it, I perform live and the hands on control of the TR8 is superb and just not available with the MPC. They make perfect partners.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
and the TR8s compared to the drumbrute in this case?
Th drumbrute has a good sequencer, but, unless you’re planning on heavily processing the sounds through the individual outputs, it’s going to get old fast. As I said, TR8S OTH, has multiple kits with ACB, and the samples you can load in (about 10 min of them), and the Audio In, and the Trigger Out, and internal FX. Much more versatile overall.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

any sound in the Roland you can get as a sample unless it's a sample yet to be loaded in which case you already have a machine that plays with samples (properly), has analogue signal chain, sounds better and is a million miles in front on performance.

The impact sounds however, you won't acquire so easily.

If you want a companion for the rytm I'd choose the Arturia, in fact I did. It has its own sound, the Roland is what it is, yes it plays samples too (badly compared to rytm so what's the point) but has little else to offer, good interface though I'll give it that.

Impact is analogue so yeah, it's slightly limited compared to a digital sample player which is obvious but when people refer to an analogue machines as being boring I'd point them toward the machines that have been sampled the most......

Oh yeah, you make hardcore techno? Impact via distortion and screaming filter is bang on for it.

How hard are you into? Tieum or neophyte or somewhere between?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search