The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Found this on the way home from work today...
Old 1 week ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0gr4m View Post
Can he "play" synth or guitar?
Now, now; let's not sully the value of gear by actually using it.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlz View Post
In the Model D thread someone said he'd just put a boog in the rubbish that morning. I wonder if anyone walked past and picked it up.
I'm more inclined to think it was a typo and meant booger.
Old 1 week ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by seamonkey View Post
I'm more inclined to think it was a typo and meant booger.
unfortunately not...
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
What I like most about this thread is that it initially sounds like you were just walking down the street and you found it up against a picket fence next to a scratched up TV stand with a free sign on it.
This exactly had to be my video, some 7 years ago. And what i find amazing coincidence was the fact that it was supposed to be with an OB-8! And i kid you not.

A guy casually walks down the street, deep voice is narrating "walk down the street, look to the left, look to the right, spot a synthesizer" (as if it is a daily routine to find synthesizers on the streets!). Then it would cut the scene where i would spend next 5 minutes explaining how to pickup the synth, to sort of frustrate the viewers i would say "and now comes the most important part, here is how you pick a synthesizer, you stand here"... of course the point is to make it all look like real and make people really hate the lucky guy who found a synth on a street. The video would end with a guy happy waving to the camera, with the scene slowly zooming out, again for at least 2 more minutes with cheesy 60's music. Again to frustrate the viewer. I even found a perfect location. However, the cool pickup truck that we had in the firm is no longer here so it wouldn't have the same effect. Anyway the whole point of the video was to make the most difficult part seem like everyday routine i.e people are leaving expensive synthesizers on the street, while the most easiest part of lifting it up would be shown as something super complicated and i would spend most time explaining it. It was supposed to be a troll video.
Old 1 week ago
vlz
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Solaris View Post
This exactly had to be my video, some 7 years ago. And what i find amazing coincidence was the fact that it was supposed to be with an OB-8! And i kid you not.

A guy casually walks down the street, deep voice is narrating "walk down the street, look to the left, look to the right, spot a synthesizer" (as if it is a daily routine to find synthesizers on the streets!). Then it would cut the scene where i would spend next 5 minutes explaining how to pickup the synth, to sort of frustrate the viewers i would say "and now comes the most important part, here is how you pick a synthesizer, you stand here"... of course the point is to make it all look like real and make people really hate the lucky guy who found a synth on a street. The video would end with a guy happy waving to the camera, with the scene slowly zooming out, again for at least 2 more minutes with cheesy 60's music. Again to frustrate the viewer. I even found a perfect location. However, the cool pickup truck that we had in the firm is no longer here so it wouldn't have the same effect. Anyway the whole point of the video was to make the most difficult part seem like everyday routine i.e people are leaving expensive synthesizers on the street, while the most easiest part of lifting it up would be shown as something super complicated and i would spend most time explaining it. It was supposed to be a troll video.
I was going to ask for the youtube link, but then realised it has not been produced (yet?)

By the way, did you sell your yellow Lambo? To finance a Ursa Major?
Old 1 week ago
Quote:

I would subscribe to that! I would also humbly suggest some obscure trivia about the synth that is completely wrong.
Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by S_A_P View Post
I would subscribe to that! I would also humbly suggest some obscure trivia about the synth that is completely wrong.
Don't worry i have even better video in the planning.

In the meantime check this guy out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tp5Zip2uBEQ
Old 1 week ago
Its about time someone gave an unbiased review of the Ensoniq An4x! went for the review, stayed for the song!
Old 1 week ago
Gear Guru

Quote:

Oh f. What if I had one shot to be psychic and I blew it on that?

Old 1 week ago
Quote:
Originally Posted by zerocrossing View Post
Oh f. What if I had one shot to be psychic and I blew it on that?

Bob Lazar left a secret envelope in The Black Mailbox near Medlin Ranch in Area 51. Due to strong winds, it somehow slipped out. Inside it contains the truth about EVERYTHING!! I will need Lon / Lat coordinates with 4 decimal points. Should be an easy task.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Lol
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head

I'm a bit obsessed with the Yamaha GX-1 lately.

A good comedy vid would be finding one of those on a roadside verge. Good luck trying to take it with you unassisted, or without a truck to put it in.

(Mind you I'd probably try and drag it with me)
Old 1 week ago
CGI the GX-1 on the back of a bicycle
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search