The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Digital Synth Amp Section
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Digital Synth Amp Section

In digital synths does the amp section emulate analog summing or is it a+b mostly?
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

It really just depends on the synth. The Virus is going after analog (hence why there are so many saturation modes) but the Noid is pretty much A+B.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derp View Post
It really just depends on the synth. The Virus is going after analog (hence why there are so many saturation modes) but the Noid is pretty much A+B.
The synths I've used so far had saturation effect after the output and some you can drive the filter section. But after I read your post I remembered that Cypher2 has a shaper that you can use before or after the filter section. Didn't know about the Virus, thank you.

Actually what made me think of this was that all of the modular software I used so far seem to have VCAs that only sum the input and wondered how it works for other software as well.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Sometimes you read here someone say that saturation plugins are the ones that are still not on par with hardware. That should actually be easier than modelling an analog synth since most of the time there are a several stages of saturation going on.
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search