The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Prophet Rev2 Fat/Bass??? v DeepMind v Juno 106
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Prophet Rev2 Fat/Bass??? v DeepMind v Juno 106

Can someone comment on how fat/not fat the low end is on a Rev2? I’ve heard some demos that seem to demonstrate some nice low end, and I’ve seen others that seem a bit lacking.

I have a DeepMind for instance that I find to be very anemic on the low end. Bass sounds are lacking, and trying to get a deep, fat pad sound is also a bit lacking. Then on my Juno 106 the bass is deep and full, and it’s pretty easy to get big fat pad sounds that shake the whole room. And by all accounts the 106 is not as fat as the Juno 6 or 60.

Anybody with experience on all of these, can you comment on where the Rev2 falls in terms of its ability to fill/shake a room with a big fat pad sound, compared to the others?
Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

Well I have Prophet 08 and it can definetly shake the room if needed.
Yeah curtis is not the fattest filter but layering two sounds is the key for mega lowend pads and bass.
Old 1 week ago
Gear Head
You can make it sound pretty big using two OSCs and the sub OSC. Sounds similar to a mini almost. Also would recommend setting the key amount all of the way down.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search