The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Juno 106 MIDI
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

Juno 106 MIDI

Hello,

I have a Juno 106 and I would like to use it to play the sounds of my Yamaha RS7000 groovebox. The problem is that even if I set the Juno MIDI channel on 1, and I select channel, say, 7 on the RS, when I play the Juno I hear both the sound of the RS (channel 7) and the sound of the Juno togheter. Its like the Juno is playing on all MIDI channels. I tried tweaking all MIDI settings on the RS without luck. Is it possible that the Juno 106 do not handle multiple MIDI channels properly?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Check page 25 of the manual - you need to configure the 106 or it will listen on all midi channels
http://www.synthfool.com/docs/Roland...ers_Manual.pdf

At least you can select a channel - I can't on my Jupiter6 or Poly61 - the only solution is multiple midi outputs, or a midi filter box

By the way, in case you didn't know, when a device receives on every midi channel (which some people want), it's referred to as "omni mode" in the manuals.

I miss my Juno106 :(

Last edited by usedtohaveajuno; 2 weeks ago at 12:50 PM.. Reason: More info to help
Old 2 weeks ago
Here for the gear

in this example I set channel 1 on the Juno. on the RS I guess all channels are receiving... I select channel 7 but I think thats only for internal RS operations..

so basically Juno only work in omni mode, right?

..time to get a proper master keyboard... and the lovely Juno 106 will stay becuase its great, but used for playing only one patch and not to control anything else.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

No, the Juno doesn't only work in Omni, you can select an individual channel - have a google, I looked and it seems other people have similar problems, but you can overcome them.

And I agree it's not a good master keyboard
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

You have to choose a midi channel manually each time you start it up by pressing MIDI CH and a number at the same time (the blue buttons.) There is no option to turn off Local control though, so the keyboard will always play the internal synth. Depending on how you need to work you could mute the Juno volume temporarily as a workaround.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search