The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Trigger Like Sampler/Sequencer with MIDI Start/Stop
Old 1 week ago
Here for the gear

Trigger Like Sampler/Sequencer with MIDI Start/Stop

Hey everyone. I need some help here with a setup I know I need in order to pull off my songs in a live setting with a duo.

I started off looping with the Boss Rc505. Great looper and also an alright sampler of sorts. What I like about it is that it will play the specified track starting on the beat, even if you hit it a bit early.

We can all agree that humans don't have the ability to have perfect rhythm. Nobody in this world has perfect rhythm. My drummer doesn't even have perfect rhythm BUT he's got some frickin' rhythm.

I need a sampler similar to the SPD SX that can also send and receive midi start/stop commands so that I can integrate it with my RC 505. It'll work with the idea I have to putting on a fun and interactive show where the ability to run off the song's train track is possible.

I hate backtracks. I want a small trigger like sampler that plays like a sequencer similar to the Rc505 which can, like I said, play on the beat even if you hit it a bit earlier.

Thanks for your help, and keep experimenting out there!
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search