The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Audio interface with lots of line inputs?
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Ok so I made a decision!

Just ordered a RME Digiface USB and made a good deal on two 2nd hand Octopre MK2 Dynamics i read too many complaints about noise and other issues on the ADA8200, so didn’t want to get those.

And with the Digiface I have the option to expand my number of inputs and outputs even further in the future, so I should be set for a long time (I hope).

Thanks all for your help!
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPrinsen View Post
Ok so I made a decision!

Just ordered a RME Digiface USB and made a good deal on two 2nd hand Octopre MK2 Dynamics i read too many complaints about noise and other issues on the ADA8200, so didn’t want to get those.

And with the Digiface I have the option to expand my number of inputs and outputs even further in the future, so I should be set for a long time (I hope).

Oh no, anything but that combo.

(kidding)
Old 1 week ago
Gear Nut

Quote:
Ok so I made a decision!

Congrats. Please let us know how the combo works out for you once you've used it a while.
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Ok so I made a decision!

Congrats on your decision.

Since you sounded like you were taking on a lot of new info, I just wanted to ask something to make sure you’re clear on the gear you purchased.

Do you plan on recording above 48 kHz? Because that will cut in half the number of inputs you use. Light pipe, the way your Digiface connects to other inputs, has a limit of 8 inputs at 48 kHz, or 4 inputs at 96khz, or 2 inputs at 192 kHz. You cannot mix and match sample rates. So even if you have eight inputs, four will not function at 96 kHz. There is no workaround for this, it’s a limit to the medium.

If 48 kHz is plenty good for your work, then your setup will be all you need! Lots of expansion options
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairbow View Post
Congrats on your decision.

Since you sounded like you were taking on a lot of new info, I just wanted to ask something to make sure you’re clear on the gear you purchased.

Do you plan on recording above 48 kHz? Because that will cut in half the number of inputs you use. Light pipe, the way your Digiface connects to other inputs, has a limit of 8 inputs at 48 kHz, or 4 inputs at 96khz, or 2 inputs at 192 kHz. You cannot mix and match sample rates. So even if you have eight inputs, four will not function at 96 kHz. There is no workaround for this, it’s a limit to the medium.

If 48 kHz is plenty good for your work, then your setup will be all you need! Lots of expansion options
Yeah I know, but thanks for checking

First I thought I wanted to record @ 96 but I’m pretty convinced 48 should ne good enough. Also, the octopre’s have 2 adat inputs and outputs, so can use double adat inputs/outputs for 96
Old 1 week ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Yeah I know, but thanks for checking

First I thought I wanted to record @ 96 but I’m pretty convinced 48 should ne good enough. Also, the octopre’s have 2 adat inputs and outputs, so can use double adat inputs/outputs for 96
Good to know about the Octopre I/O. I never read the manual, and thought it was meant for daisy chaining rather than a sample rate function

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search