All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Strange Situation and Poor Customer Service at Reverb.com
Old 2 weeks ago
TJT
Lives for gear
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dub dubs View Post
Got my refund! Initiated anyway...

Now from what the seller is saying it sounds like it wasn't actually a hacking issue, or at least he's not wanting to admit plainly that it was. Honestly at this point I'm just happy to have it resolved and not needing to worry my pretty little head about it anymore.

I guess it was just fate telling me I didn't need an MPC 1000 anyhow...
Yeah, he probably listed it, sold it on some other site like eBay, and forgot to de-list it.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Got my refund! Initiated anyway...

Now from what the seller is saying it sounds like it wasn't actually a hacking issue, or at least he's not wanting to admit plainly that it was. Honestly at this point I'm just happy to have it resolved and not needing to worry my pretty little head about it anymore.

I guess it was just fate telling me I didn't need an MPC 1000 anyhow...
Awesome!

What is the seller saying exactly?

(Typical GS... people are still talking about hacking...)
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I’ve never had a problem with Reverb CS ever... time of transactions as buyer and seller

It seems like you synth guys have the problems with Reverb/eBay... i would be too freaked out to buy something like that (big, lots of tiny parts, fragile) sight unseen... y’all are brave as f——
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

I've been using Reverb to buy and sell gear for the last year or so without problems, so far.

It's a heck of a lot better than eBay that's for sure, although of course no site is 100% free of scammers and time-wasting asshats.

The only thing that bugs me is it can take ages for Reverb to 'process your payment' (banking b/s), but in all other respects, including customer service, I'd say Reverb is doing a decent job for the gear community.

I've bought/sold successfully through the Gearslutz classifieds too, but creating Reverb listings is a much more user-friendly and faster process overall and obviously you reach a wider audience.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Nut
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Awesome!

What is the seller saying exactly?

(Typical GS... people are still talking about hacking...)
He said : "My best guess as to what happened is that while I was gone this past week, the person handling our inventory software accidentally activated these items (which were items already sold in the past on Reverb)."

He wasn't clear about it with his first contact and seemed to be alluding to the possibility of a hack.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Fraud is common, and you can’t always assume the worst of the person on the other end, they are not always at fault. I bought something on eBay that looked legit but according to eBay someone had gained access to a good feedback seller’s account and started making bogus listings with real looking photos/descriptions. It’s not the end of the world, I paid with PayPal got my money back pretty quickly.

And of course, some sellers are running a lot of online sales at once and human error such as inventory is certainly possible as well, just as it is with an actual store.

Sure, in any case it’s annoying and time consuming but always pay with PayPal and exercise good judgement and you’ll never actually get hurt. I have to assume that the vast majority of people want to do the right thing and mean well even if they make a mistake, it’s important to take a step back and realize you’re not raging at a big corporation, you’re speaking to another human being. We make mistakes.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
He said : "My best guess as to what happened is that while I was gone this past week, the person handling our inventory software accidentally activated these items (which were items already sold in the past on Reverb)."

He wasn't clear about it with his first contact and seemed to be alluding to the possibility of a hack.
Ah... how long has this guy been sitting on your money?

So, can y’all stop talking about account jacking and hacked accounts as that’s not what happened here
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:

If this is true, then it should have been taken care of the moment they received the notice of the sale. Seriously, if you are an honest seller online, you take care of problems like this immediately and apologize. Otherwise, you get really fun feedback!
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgood View Post
Ah... how long has this guy been sitting on your money?

So, can y’all stop talking about account jacking and hacked accounts as that’s not what happened here
yes let's stop making people aware of how they can get ripped off if not taking a bit of care..good idea..!

If you are buying and selling things on line then it's only a matter of time before you find yourself in one of these situations, buyer beware, if not then you can't plead ignorance.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlestickz View Post
yes let's stop making people aware of how they can get ripped off if not taking a bit of care..good idea..!

If you are buying and selling things on line then it's only a matter of time before you find yourself in one of these situations, buyer beware, if not then you can't plead ignorance.
Oh, so, it’s not OT... it’s public service is it? Lol

It’s a frustration I have with GS, in general

I’m just saying, damn, good point... well put... the first time... and then maybe the second time... by the 30th OT post by yet another user who feels that his unique musings on the issue deserve to be shared with world, we’ve lost track of what the f$&k the thread was about to begin with!!!
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Someone mentioned that Reverb is slow to pay out... that has been the total opposite of my experience.. I seem to get paid the same day or day after I drop off the package at the post office and type in the tracking number...

That might be because I’ve been with them for a long time, have sold a ton of stuff, etc... if it’s your first time selling, maybe they do hold onto your bread for a minute or two longer to make sure you didn’t send a box filled with a sex doll instead of the vintage Prophet that you advertised...
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Maniac

If you buy from Reverb, use paypal as they are effective at settling an issue. And never pay for return shipping if there is an issue or the item is not as described. That is 100% on the seller.

I'm in a situation right now with a guy who sold me a junk playback / record channel for a Studer A80. He said "just return it for a full refund" and my position is "no, you send me a return label and I will return it."

It will take some time but it will wash out. As a buyer you never have to pay out for return shipping, this is always on the seller and never back down. Reverb will support you here too.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabar View Post
I don't disagree, but Reverb has grown too fast in market footprint to not have eBay-esque support. The easier solution is: don't buy through Reverb.
I mean you could do that but some items are rare to find anywhere so it could be your only option if you want a particular thing. Beyond the holy grail finds (my minty Jupiter 8 a few years ago) I’ve saved thousands of dollars over retail pricing and never had any issue that either reverb or PayPal wouldn’t cover. So I’d rather just buy stuff I want when I can find a good deal instead of avoiding an understaffed site unnecessarily.
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

there's a song for every situation these days..

funny as hell lyrics and entirely appropriate for this thread I think..

Old 1 week ago
Gear Maniac

As others recommended, always use PayPal when buying through Reverb. I had to open a PayPal dispute once when a seller refused to give me a refund for a broken pedal. Reverb wanted me to find a shop that would repair it, get a quote and then they’d ask the seller to reimburse me. I don’t have time for that kind of silliness so I opened a dispute and PayPal came through right away They forced Reverb to give me a full refund including return shipping.

The next time I received a broken pedal from a belligerent seller I only had to threaten Reverb with a PayPal dispute. Suddenly they couldn’t wait to give me a full refund.

So yeah, use PayPal and you won’t be at the mercy of Reverb’s tedious dispute resolution process. I’m sure from Reverb’s point of view they’re trying to be fair to both sides, but that doesn’t help when a seller is trying to rip you off or being obstinate. PayPal’s policy does, so why not use it?
Topic:

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search