The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Simple but versatile drum kit VSTi?
Old 2 weeks ago
Deleted 5edf3fa
Simple but versatile drum kit VSTi?

Can't really find anything.

Would like some VST with a collection of drum kits that I can just scroll through like presets in any rompler. Don't need bells and whistles, not interested in any programming, just large variety of kits.

Acoustic samples are of lowest priority. Hip-hop/electronic/pop/dance/experimental is of most interest.

I have a massive collection of samples (too big in fact that it's become an unbrowsable junkyard now) but 95% of samples are low quality and are just not comfortable to use. Also takes forever to mix them to sound good. I'm considering abandoning it.

I have Halion in Cubase which I like but that's pretty much it.

Stylus is old and has too much Stylus character, I don't really like it.

Would like with crisp, clean rich high-quality sound. I'd say pretty much every sample library I checked online demos of sounds too lo-fi, overprocessed and cheap or too simple (vanilla acoustic kits).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Arturia Spark/SparkLe
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deleted 5edf3fa View Post
not interested in any programming
This is the root of your problem.
Sometimes it is just way faster to program the sound you need, than to browse through thousands of samples.
Drumatic 3.
Old 2 weeks ago
Deleted 5edf3fa
I'm not particularly interested in synth-based drums, I don't mind 1 out of 20 kits be of synthetic nature but not all of them. I'm into heavily processed stuff (usually acoustic). Kind of what they use in R&B/pop (besides obligatory 808), not house/trance.
Old 2 weeks ago
3bc
Gear Nut

Drumvolution Maschine Battery etc.

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search