The No.1 Website for Pro Audio
 All  This Thread  Reviews  Gear Database  Synths for sale     Latest  Trending
Korg's next Electribe should just be a standalone hardware version of Gadget
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Korg's next Electribe should just be a standalone hardware version of Gadget

It's a pretty straightforward idea, just spit-balling:
Imagine Korg's next Electribe just being all of Gadget's functionality in a standalone box.
Imagine say, 16 tracks, each can be loaded with gadgets (like a poor man's monomachine).
Give it a nice beautiful full color 60hz OLED screen like the OP-1.
The screen doesn't need to be huge, maybe around OP-1 size.
Give it some NuTubes on the output in a stereo tube compressor.
Give it stereo audio input for sampling.
No gaps between pattern switching (can't believe I have to ask for that).
It doesn't need to be much different in form factor from the EMX2/ESX2.
Velocity sensitive pads, knobs, XY pad (or even better a joystick) for vector stuff. Some kind of universal knob layout that works well with all gadgets.
And there doesn't need to be both a synth one and a sampling one, make them one in the same.

I would want it to have the special Gadgets too, like the M1 and Wavestation gadgets.

Maybe it could be targeted towards a nice midway market, somewhere between the current Electribes and Octatrack/MPC Live. Perhaps in the Digitone/Digitakt price range. I definitely think something like this would be a good contender for an MPC killer (if they get it right).

I'm trying to think of some ways it could have an edge over the iOS version. Physical controls and pads is clearly one. Audio I/O (a headphone jack! imagine that!), MIDI, USB.

It would also be nice to see it in their Korg Kross form factor. Full size keys, portable, battery powered. Korg Gadget as a keyboard workstaion. I'd love that. You could play whole gigs with just that.

Side note:
It might also be nice to see an Electribe in the spirit of the Minilogue XD and Prologue. Analog filters, user oscillators, perhaps expanded memory for a user sample pool (like people were requesting in another thread).
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

That would be cool but unlikely to happen. It's almost a step backwards from where iOS/gadget is currently...

I've always dreamt of a device that can interface with iDevices and provide a few channels of analog filters, saturation and some assignable controls.
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Their new cheap midi controllers for iPad look pretty cool, they could expand on these, make them of higher quality still use the iPad and have some hits on their hands I think
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

How about Korg Gadget downloaded to a Nintendo Switch (with Mortal Kombat 11 too of course)?
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwhistle View Post
That would be cool but unlikely to happen. It's almost a step backwards from where iOS/gadget is currently...

I've always dreamt of a device that can interface with iDevices and provide a few channels of analog filters, saturation and some assignable controls.
Not as far back a step as the Electribes already are lol
Old 2 weeks ago
Lives for gear

The problem is that would cost more than buying a new iPad and the apps.

I have always thought it would be cool however if they made a Volca Gadget. That worked like a Roland system 8 and could load gadgets
Old 2 weeks ago
Gear Guru

I always thought that the Volca series was Gadget in realised as hardware..

Welcome to the Gearslutz Pro Audio Community!

Registration benefits include:
  • The ability to reply to and create new discussions
  • Access to members-only giveaways & competitions
  • Interact with VIP industry experts in our guest Q&As
  • Access to members-only sub forum discussions
  • Access to members-only Chat Room
  • Get INSTANT ACCESS to the world's best private pro audio Classifieds for only USD $20/year
  • Promote your eBay auctions and Reverb.com listings for free
  • Remove this message!
You need an account to post a reply. Create a username and password below and an account will be created and your post entered.

Slide to join now Processing…
Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search